ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Mitchell at Lake Norman (4A)

First ever meeting here between the two… I know a lot about LKN, absolutely nothing about Mitchell. Lol. Thoughts?
The Mountaineers are a tough, hard nosed bunch. Good linebackers and good line. Exceptionally smart QB, good ground and pound game, receivers are young, and fairly inexperienced, but the talent is there. They are deep at the line, but not really anywhere else, kinda comes with being 1a... Lake Norman should win, but not without a battle.

First ever meeting here between the two… I know a lot about LKN, absolutely nothing about Mitchell. Lol. Thoughts
I will say I know nothing about Lake Norman High, just that they are 4A and obviously should be favored. With that said Mitchell is going to play smash mouth, hard nosed football. They are very well coached, and just the real deal small town community football. Mitchell also does a good job mixing in the pass. Usually big and strong up front on both sides of the ball. Probably going to lack the speed and athleticism of a big 4A school in the Charlotte area

The Mountaineers are a tough, hard nosed bunch. Good linebackers and good line. Exceptionally smart QB, good ground and pound game, receivers are young, and fairly inexperienced, but the talent is there. They are deep at the line, but not really anywhere else, kinda comes with being 1a... Lake Norman should win, but not without a battle.
And fairly unknown!😜

How about Lake Norman?

So what's the skinny on Lake Norman?
I would probably favor Mitchell here. Lake Norman is extremely young this season. Only 4 returning starters from last seasons team. That being said, they did go to West Iredell last week, and won 37-0 with an 80% JV team due to covid. LKN runs the triple, they’re really good on the line. They have some pretty good size. They don’t have blazing speed as a whole, so I don’t think Mitchell will have to worry about being out athleted by a Charlotte area school here. They’re extremely well coached and very disciplined. I have yet to see Lake Norman beat themselves in a game since Coach O has been there. And obviously, they’re the first Iredell county program to have ever beaten Malled Creek (last season). They have big numbers as far as depth, that will be the biggest advantage. But with LKN playing a control the clock kinda game, I don’t think Mitchell’s lack of depth in comparison to LKN will be a huge factor.

They do. Lake Norman passes no more than 8 times a game normally haha
Mitchell's defense is very strong this year, if LKN tries to play ball control, without some razzmatazz, then Mitchell will probably get a couple 3 and out stops on them. Who knows tho? These are 2 teams that in any other circumstance would likely never cross paths. Complete unknown entities to one another.

I think Mitchell will win this game. LK is NOT a Charlotte-based team, not even close. That said, they will have numbers that may turn out to be an advantage. But I see Mitchell's experience vs. LK youth and in high school, especially in football, that matters. Safe travels to MHS and best of luck to both teams. I will be watching that game tonight.

Actually sounds like plays into Mountaineers hands. Good match up. Should be a really good one

Mitchell fans that are making the trip. Enjoy your view of the Lake. Mitchell will put up a good fight at least. 1A Schools will give bigger School all they got.

I will say this. Lake Norman game against Mitchell will be a better game than if Lake Norman would have played N. Iredell as scheduled.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT