ADVERTISEMENT

#10 Lake Norman vs #23 Independence

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Any thoughts with this game. Anyone know anything about Independence. Lake Norman primarily runs the ball. With some passing.

9 and 1 was a lot better than most thought the Lakers would be. But they 9 and 1 they are. They earned it. But they did not play teams like Independence except for Mooresville.
Can they defeat Independence? Yes. Will they? Entirely a different question. But the LN coahing staff will have them grounded and centered after Mooresville. So if I were Independence, I would bring their dinner.

It should be a very good game.

I do think Lake Norman needs to mix it up against Indy. Indy can be exploited in the passing game. Indy is tough to stop when they are running the ball because it makes their passing game electric. If Lake Norman can keep them one dimensional and force them to throw they might have a shot. Indy isn’t going to pick you apart through the air like a Weddington or Butler. The run sets up their pass.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Independence definitely has the speed advantage across the board. The key will be can Lake Norman establish their run game to control the tempo of the game. I think Indy likes the matchup here.

Bad luck for Lake Norman. Win all but one of your games, earn a high seed and draw Independence, one of several teams no high seed wanted to meet in the first round. LN has been scrappy this year and won some close games they could have easily lost. However, I think Independence may be a little too physical for them. Indy by at least 2 touchdowns.

Watched Indy for the first time since week 1 this past Friday. They don’t look too physical on the OL and DL to me. Some of their skill kids are really good though. Physical isn’t the word I would describe them as, but still a really good football team with a helluva QB/RB duo that will come back next season as well.

Watched Indy for the first time since week 1 this past Friday. They don’t look too physical on the OL and DL to me. Some of their skill kids are really good though. Physical isn’t the word I would describe them as, but still a really good football team with a helluva QB/RB duo that will come back next season as well.
Butler has made a lot of teams look bad. I have seen Indy a few times this year. They literally "smash mouthed" Catholic in the 2nd half of their game a few weeks ago. Catholic literally couldn't tackle their RB. I am a Catholic partisan and haven't seen that happen too many times over the years. Their defense has been inconsistent, but they have athletes and have played several good games. It will be about matchups in the trenches and I simply think they have a little too much for LN. The caveat is if they bring their B game, they will be storing equipment on Saturday.

Heard that the LN QB separate his shoulder and is out for the year. Is this true.

as much as I know LN is a fairly heavy underdog… I might pick the wildcats to win… think this cold weather really will favor their physical style of play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT