ADVERTISEMENT

#1 EAST DUPLIN (15-0) VS #2 HIBRITEN (15-0) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD

Don’t know if this has been asked, but has there ever been a title game where both teams had the same mascot?

Usually fans try to cheer on their team by yelling the mascot name louder than the opposing fans. There will be a lot of LET’S GO PANTHERS!!! going on between these 2 teams!
Yes, many times. We, WRH, have played Thomasville twice and Albemarle & Murphy once each in the championship games...all Bulldogs.

McKinley "Gee " Witherspoon
Just what East Duplin
Has to contain.......
Games Played 15
Offense - RushingTotals
Carries 118
Rushing Yards 2018
Yards Per Carry 17.1
Rushing Yards Per Game 134.5
Rushing Long 65
Rushing TDs 37
Offense - ReceivingTotals
Receptions 6
Receiving Yards 126
Yards Per Catch 21.0
Receiving Yards Per Game 8.4
Receiving Long 51
Receiving TDs 2
Offense - All Purpose YardsTotals
Rushing Yards 2018
Receiving Yards 126
Kickoff Return Yards 129
Punt Return Yards 217
All Purpose Yards 2490
All Purpose Yards Per Game 166.0
Offense - Total YardsTotals
Rushing Yards 2018
Receiving Yards 126
Total Yards 2144
Total Yards Per Game 142.9
Defense - TacklesTotals
Solo Tackle 13
Total Tackles 15
Tackles Per Game 1.0
Defense - InterceptionsTotals
Interceptions 3
Interceptions Per Game 0.2
Passes Defensed 3
Special Teams - PuntsTotals
Punts 3
Punt Yards 112
Punt Average 37.3
Special Teams - Kickoff ReturnsTotals
Kickoff Returns 2
Kickoff Return Yards 129
Kickoff Return Yards Avg 64.5
Kickoff Return Long 95
Special Teams - Punt ReturnsTotals
Punt Returns 7
Punt Return Yards 217
Punt Return Yards Avg 31.0
Punt Return Long 79
Total Return Yards 346
Scoring - PointsTotals
Total TDs 42
Total TD Points 252
Total Points 252
Points Per Game 16.8
Scoring - TouchdownsTotals
Rushing TDs 37
Receiving TDs 2
Punts Returned for Touchdown 2
Kickoffs Returned for Touchdown 1
Total TDs 42
Amazing!!!​

The forecast is in for East Duplin in Chapel Thrill tomorrow..........
my-prediction-pain.jpg
Keep dissing on E.Duplin and taking them lightly. I’ve seen video on Hibriten, only weapon I saw impressive was Witherspoon and yes I admit he is good, but E.Duplin has a strong defense and think they can slow him down enough to win. ED is very balanced and good on both sides of the ball. So go ahead and think it’s just a fluke their in this game, them “Dumplin” boys just might surprise you. Plus ED is gonna have a “12th man”. My WRH team has the next game in Kenan Stadium and we’re gonna be right there cheering on our Duplin Co neighbors! Brothers may fight amongst themselves in the home but we stick up for each other outside the house and Duplin Co is our home!
Duplin strong!
Go EAST DUPLIN Panthers!!!

Keep dissing on E.Duplin and taking them lightly. I’ve seen video on Hibriten, only weapon I saw impressive was Witherspoon and yes I admit he is good, but E.Duplin has a strong defense and think they can slow him down enough to win. ED is very balanced and good on both sides of the ball. So go ahead and think it’s just a fluke their in this game, them “Dumplin” boys just might surprise you. Plus ED is gonna have a “12th man”. My WRH team has the next game in Kenan Stadium and we’re gonna be right there cheering on our Duplin Co neighbors! Brothers may fight amongst themselves in the home but we stick up for each other outside the house and Duplin Co is our home!
Duplin strong!
I like that. I can't say go ________!

Reactions: beamer24
McKinley "Gee " Witherspoon
Just what East Duplin
Has to contain.......
Games Played 15
Offense - RushingTotals
Carries 118
Rushing Yards 2018
Yards Per Carry 17.1
Rushing Yards Per Game 134.5
Rushing Long 65
Rushing TDs 37
Offense - ReceivingTotals
Receptions 6
Receiving Yards 126
Yards Per Catch 21.0
Receiving Yards Per Game 8.4
Receiving Long 51
Receiving TDs 2
Offense - All Purpose YardsTotals
Rushing Yards 2018
Receiving Yards 126
Kickoff Return Yards 129
Punt Return Yards 217
All Purpose Yards 2490
All Purpose Yards Per Game 166.0
Offense - Total YardsTotals
Rushing Yards 2018
Receiving Yards 126
Total Yards 2144
Total Yards Per Game 142.9
Defense - TacklesTotals
Solo Tackle 13
Total Tackles 15
Tackles Per Game 1.0
Defense - InterceptionsTotals
Interceptions 3
Interceptions Per Game 0.2
Passes Defensed 3
Special Teams - PuntsTotals
Punts 3
Punt Yards 112
Punt Average 37.3
Special Teams - Kickoff ReturnsTotals
Kickoff Returns 2
Kickoff Return Yards 129
Kickoff Return Yards Avg 64.5
Kickoff Return Long 95
Special Teams - Punt ReturnsTotals
Punt Returns 7
Punt Return Yards 217
Punt Return Yards Avg 31.0
Punt Return Long 79
Total Return Yards 346
Scoring - PointsTotals
Total TDs 42
Total TD Points 252
Total Points 252
Points Per Game 16.8
Scoring - TouchdownsTotals
Rushing TDs 37
Receiving TDs 2
Punts Returned for Touchdown 2
Kickoffs Returned for Touchdown 1
Total TDs 42
Amazing!!!​
you just might be surprised at what Panthers bring to the table tomorrow! remember this! our conference has two teams playing tomorrow for a championship! ED in 2AA! and WRH in 2A! who is even in your conference?????

You work for DOT or something. You are crazy . Glad you don't decide where lines are. That's your concern, nobody else's. But you are rite on the point of not being at Fayetteville or near there. My opinion is that for what ever reason it's near Greensboro, little east or west. I think the NCHSAA should do a study to determine the center for school purpose and things like playoffs.

The playoffs are based on who happens to make the playoffs, then who happens to go AA or A. Just depends on which schools make it. Just so happened this year that a lot of schools in the Triad area went 2AA East.

Duplin strong!
The dissing has been both ways pal

you just might be surprised at what Panthers bring to the table tomorrow! remember this! our conference has two teams playing tomorrow for a championship! ED in 2AA! and WRH in 2A! who is even in your conference?????
All will be decided tomorrow, good luck

Hibriten averages 42 ppg. Allows only 4.4 ppg.
E. Duplin averages 45 ppg. Allows 13 ppg.

The real Panthers wear red n black

343-teamLogo-1079.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dogs79
Hibriten averages 42 ppg. Allows only 4.4 ppg.
E. Duplin averages 45 ppg. Allows 13 ppg.

The real Panthers wear red n black

343-teamLogo-1079.jpg
Hibriten averages 314 ypg rushing. ED averages 392 ypg rushing. Hibriten also has a weaker SOS.

Hibriten averages 314 ypg rushing. ED averages 392 ypg rushing. Hibriten also has a weaker SOS.
Hibriten's first team has barely averaged 2.5 quarters per game due to running clocks and clearing the bench. If you only counted scores against the first team defense then that average may be less than 2 ppg.
Bottom line is both teams have an awesome resume. Too bad ED has to be the bridesmaid

Hibriten's first team has barely averaged 2.5 quarters per game due to running clocks and clearing the bench. If you only counted scores against the first team defense then that average may be less than 2 ppg.
Bottom line is both teams have an awesome resume. Too bad ED has to be the bridesmaid
our starters have rested half the year lol. tomorrow we will see who is the bridesmaid!

The playoffs are based on who happens to make the playoffs, then who happens to go AA or A. Just depends on which schools make it. Just so happened this year that a lot of schools in the Triad area went 2AA East.
As they SHOULD. Raleigh Durham Chapel Hill area should by no ways or means be considered WESTERN. It might have to do with which teams are in the playoffs and where they are located I expect. But there is NO reason to have one of the Duplin schools travel to Cherokee (as happened one year) as a western representative, or Whiteville traveling to CD Owen near Asheville as another example. That is just too much. Id rather see byes than that kind of travel in early rounds, just to fill brackets, no matter who wins or loses.

LOL, this can go back n forth until about 5pm tomorrow when one or the other will taste the fine peasant of crow! Best of luck to both teams

This stuff has been great! Both fan bases are so excited for the opportunity just to be here! I could care less about having to eat crow. Just gonna enjoy the ride these kids have us on!

As they SHOULD. Raleigh Durham Chapel Hill area should by no ways or means be considered WESTERN. It might have to do with which teams are in the playoffs and where they are located I expect. But there is NO reason to have one of the Duplin schools travel to Cherokee (as happened one year) as a western representative, or Whiteville traveling to CD Owen near Asheville as another example. That is just too much. Id rather see byes than that kind of travel in early rounds, just to fill brackets, no matter who wins or loses.
North Wilkes to Whiteville in round 1 then Whiteville goes to Mtn Heritage in round 2!!!!

Who in the world said Raleigh, Durham , Chaple Hill was in west. Those three cities are considered to be Triangle and Greensboro, High point, Winston Salem the Triad, rite. Mule, I think Simmons was talking about the Triad not the Triangle. He was talking about West Stokes, Randleman ,North Davidson that were sent East You guys be safe traveling East. We get to travel West. So souped about the game can ' t sleep

Reactions: 96panther
Finally The Day We Panther Fans Have Been Waiting YEARS For Is Finally Here East Duplin By 14pts No Less Than 10

East Duplin High School 2017 NC 2AA STATE CHAMPIONS

Finally The Day We Panther Fans Have Been Waiting YEARS For Is Finally Here East Duplin By 14pts No Less Than 10

East Duplin High School 2017 NC 2AA STATE CHAMPIONS
i hope youre right Bro! i hope youre right! fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Reactions: thegoat357
This matchup along with WRH v Reidsville will be great to watch. Great teams all up and down today's schedule from 4AA-1A. Bad weather day, but all are on tv so let the games begin

Im telling ya E. Duplin it's gonna be tough. Shelby wasn't weak like people think they were.

ok boys, 2 computer models have us losing! many people thought we would lose to North Davidson! we proved them wrong! lets prove the naysayers wrong one more time! just play your game and you should be fine! leave it all on the field! no regrets! GO (ED) PANTHERS!!!

Last edited:
Good luck to both school's. This is what it's all about! The 34-13 prediction was a little toss to rile up you ED fans and fuel the banter, lol...... My revised prediction, Hibriten 38 , East Duplin 6.....

LOL, just kidding.........

Hibriten 21, East Duplin 15

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT