ADVERTISEMENT

Winston Salem Prep at Bishop McGuiness

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
Well......I saw one great game and one stinker last night in K'vegas. The Phoenix won 59-53 while the Lady Villains cruised (and I mean.....cruised) to victory 61-11. A few takeaways from last night.....

Boys game was a great, fast-paced battle the entire way. The difference was Prep's play in the third quarter. WS Prep is a very quick team. Their point guard is extremely quick. Good luck trying to stay in front of him. Despite not having any size/can't miss prospects like we're accustomed to, this edition of Prep might actually be my favorite. I really liked the energy they brought on both ends. They're going to be a tough, tough out.

So will Bishop for that matter. The Villains have got some size on the perimeter. Unfortunately for them, their main man, Dawson McAlhany, had a rough game. He had an off night from the field and the refs certainly weren't doing him any favors. It also didn't help that Bishop missed quite a few shots from point blank range.

While McAlhany gets most of the attention, Bishop's best player might actually be a guy by the name of John Campbell. Campbell was hurting Prep both inside and out at times. He's got a good motor and he's also pretty athletic.

Last edited:
Now.......about that stinker.....

This year's edition of Bishop is typical Bishop: smart, disciplined, share the ball well, and get after it on both ends. They have a plethora of girls that can knock down a shot. The player who impressed me the most was freshman Adelaide Jernigan. She has a really nice all-around game.

I think Bishop can make a deep run. However, I definitely need another look. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll get it. Their conference is flat out abysmal. Prep was no exception.

You've heard of teams that don't beat themselves? Well....WS Prep can easily beat themselves. This team showed some of the worst body language/attitudes I've ever seen. Sad thing is they have a few girls with decent potential. Overall, they got some quickness and have pretty good size. #12 has some very good potential. Watching them though, I felt bad for their coach. He needs a raise for putting up what he put up with.

Reactions: 97Cougar
Prep and Bishop are probably the best 1A teams in the area. Prep handled the Northwest’s best team, south stokes, with ease in the Frank spencer.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Prep and Bishop are probably the best 1A teams in the area. Prep handled the Northwest’s best team, south stokes, with ease in the Frank spencer.
How much of this Prep team returns from last year vs. is new this year? They lost a close one at Hayesville in the playoffs last year, so trying to evaluate how two of the top RPI teams compare. Hayesville returns about 4 kids that played a lot of minutes in that game last year, but also had two kids transfer in that are really good players for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT