ADVERTISEMENT

Will AL Brown be looking for a new Football Coach?

Charlotte and the surrounding area programs take too long to hire new Head Coaches. By time you get on campus, a lot of your top players are either gone or exiting out the door.

They have been playing. My son plays for a team in the same conference. His 7th grade year I believe Kannapolis finished 3rd or 4th and this pass season I think they won one game the whole season. There was same talent but it didn't look like much.
If I remembered correctly they were looking for another treat to combined with this season to even have a team

Right now they don’t have one. They need to get back playing middle school football. That is why the JV team gets killed every week. The freshman are playing their first year of ball a the JV team.
But I’m guessing there is some sort of league are traveling team for middle school aged kids?

That isn't the case. In the Cabarrus County middle school conference 7th and 8th grade football is combine. Kannapolis middle had the numbers but were lacking talent and coaching. Was told several kids couldn't play due to grades. The only year that they didn't play was the 2020 season. They started back in 2021 and have been playing ever since.
I know for a fact - I seen it on other platforms they wanted to combined with another now weather they did or didn’t I don’t know n also One my Kannapolis guy even remembers them trying to combined

While I am sure the Hardin family is always going be Kannapolis #1 pick, There are many great coaches in NC who could be a good job at ALB. Money, Facilities , Support and etc are still top notch then other places.

I just hope ALB make the best hire they can make and hopefully the fan support that said coach even if it isnt Hardin

Reactions: Steelers71
What type of coaching resume should the new head coach at Kannapolis have? What will make the fans happy as far as the past success(es) of the new hire.

Would any of these meet the expected qualification (just based on record)?

Head coaching record of 67-46. Best season 10-4.
Head coaching record of 41-47.
No head coaching experience.

What type of coaching resume should the new head coach at Kannapolis have? What will make the fans happy as far as the past success(es) of the new hire.

Would any of these meet the expected qualification (just based on record)?

Head coaching record of 67-46. Best season 10-4.
Head coaching record of 41-47.
No head coaching experience.
I think it would depend on where the first two came from. If the 41-47 record came from a school that was not good when the coach took over, and he steadily turned the program around and was having success in the last couple of years, hopefully you would be happy with that. The 67-46 record could also be deceiving depending on when that best record was. I don't think ALB fans will be happy with no head coaching experience.

Reactions: btango
I doubt ALB would hire someone with no HC experience imo

41-47 - Like said above was it a rebuild and did that coach make it better as years progressed. I think also depends what school it was bc it’s a school not known for football then I would still take it but it was a school with a lot past success n he didn’t as good other had then NO

67-47 is pretty decent but again depends what school n all imo. 10-4 is the best record is a little worry some bc ALB is used to winning 8-10 games every yr so

Reactions: btango
Yes, i wouldn't be suprised. Since Blair Hardin is not available. I would pick Brandon Gentry.
Regarding the coaches with no head coaching experience I do not see AL Brown going that route. Although it may be the best option that is not something I think a lot of their fanbase and admin can come to grips with.

Also, I do not think they would hire from a school from a lower classification or in Cabarrus County unless that coach had a resume that was absolutely off the charts.

Common knowledge tells us all the hire was and has been "made." Many would say that if this were any where other than Kannapolis the two best options were not called back for a second interview.

Im just ready for the announcement and lets move on because No matter who it is , there a lot to do and a lot work to be done if ALB football wants to return to "glory" days

I can’t say who it is, but I think the cat has been let out of the hat.

Yes, worst kept secret in K-town. I've had people coming up to me telling me who it is!

Reactions: 84k
Yes, worst kept secret in K-town. I've had people coming up to me telling me who it is!
Appears they zero'd in on one person to hire and the rest was dressing. Hope it works out good for the Wonders.

Comparing recent seasons to the upcoming years will not be as easy to determine when the NCHSAA moves away from four classifications to six or seven. There are two seasons left of the current four classification alignment.

Looking from the outside in, the first question I always have is the assistants. Is the new coach bringing any with him from his current staff or others? How many of the current will remain in place? What type of discretion does the new HC have on his staff. My guess is the new hire will get a lot autonomy based on his background and the current status of the Wonder program.

I wish the coach would completely clean house. We need a fresh start.
This new coach also knows first hand how vital the middle school program is to the success of the high school. In the glory days, the middle school teams were coached by the high school assistants. They ran the same plays as the high school did , just watered down.

I’m pretty sure by now everyone knows who it is. It wasn’t a well kept secret.

Players from said coach’s previous school have already begun to transfer out. So word is very much out even there. Worst kept secret in the state.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT