ADVERTISEMENT

Will AL Brown be looking for a new Football Coach?

With our new non conference schedule and new coach… it’s gonna feel like we went back a couple or even several decades lol

6-4 is my guess in year one. They have a relatively weak non conference schedule and the conference is not strong. First round of the 4A playoffs will be probably be a tough opponent

I know Kannapolis isn’t the team of the 80s and 90s and people say Kannapolis isn’t relevant anymore, and I get that, but the attention this job got you would think Kannapolis is still relevant. It’s all over the news and social media.

Now let’s hope it works out, coach Hardin is who most ppl in Kannapolis has been wanting for years.

I can't explain what this is like the closest thing I can find to reference what must be going on in Kannapolis is this. Good for the fans of AL Brown

Reactions: Dfighthard
I know Kannapolis isn’t the team of the 80s and 90s and people say Kannapolis isn’t relevant anymore, and I get that, but the attention this job got you would think Kannapolis is still relevant. It’s all over the news and social media.

Now let’s hope it works out, coach Hardin is who most ppl in Kannapolis has been wanting for years.
I think Kannapolis is relevant due to the history, location, and pay supplement.

I was surprised with the lack of high profile coaches that did not apply and more suprised at who the committee did not move to the final round. I think this was a done deal the moment Justin applied and that if fine with me. I hope it goes great with AL Brown back in the spotlight. NC high school football is better to me with the Wonders competing. I think the savior will be adding classifications because they are going to struggle in the playoffs in a non subdivided 4A.

I think Kannapolis is relevant due to the history, location, and pay supplement.

I was surprised with the lack of high profile coaches that did not apply and more suprised at who the committee did not move to the final round. I think this was a done deal the moment Justin applied and that if fine with me. I hope it goes great with AL Brown back in the spotlight. NC high school football is better to me with the Wonders competing. I think the savior will be adding classifications because they are going to struggle in the playoffs in a non subdivided 4A.
Will it go back to subdividing?

Will it go back to subdividing?
My understanding is it will stay at four non subdivided classes until the new alignment starts in 2025-26 school year when it will go to the seven classifications which would not have sub-dividing. Anything can change and it would not surprise me to see them sub-divide the next two seasons or one but as of now that is NOT planned.

This will be interesting. I know he has always wanted to be the coach in K-town. He left Weddington in July 2011 right before team camp to be an assistant in South Carolina. He said he wanted to win championships and he couldn't do that at Weddington, That has worked out pretty good for Weddington. We'll see how it works out for AL Brown.

Last edited:
This will be interesting. I know he has always wanted to be the coach in K-town. He left Weddington in July 2012 right before team camp to be an assistant in South Carolina. He said he wanted to win championships and he couldn't do that at Weddington, That has worked out pretty good for Weddington. We'll see how it works out for AL Brown.
Yikes - that ended up being a pretty bad take. They have won what - 3 state championships since 2016?

This will be interesting. I know he has always wanted to be the coach in K-town. He left Weddington in July 2012 right before team camp to be an assistant in South Carolina. He said he wanted to win championships and he couldn't do that at Weddington, That has worked out pretty good for Weddington. We'll see how it works out for AL Brown.
I would love to see that in a quote in a news article. Otherwise, I have a hard time believing it. I know that he left for financial reasons for his family, it's no secret that S.C. paid better and was a better opportunity for his young family.

If you ask Tim Carson, he'll gladly tell you that Hardin paved the way for his success and subsequent state championships.

I never heard a specific reason why he left. onioncfb has very strong knowledge of Union County but I thought he was looking at the pay differential but that is only guessing on my part.

He did take an 0-11 year prior to his arrival and go 5-7 and 9-4. The second season he lost close games to 4A Sun Valley, Porter Ridge. Was smoked the last game by Marvin Ridge and then beat them the next week to start the playoffs. Catholic took it to them to close out the season. Seemed he had it moving in the right direction before Tim Carson go them over the hump. Before Hardin Weddington only had one good season and two winning seasons under four head coaches in nine seasons. Not a bad performance. I have always wondered if he wished he would have stayed seeing their success the twelve seasons since he left.

I would love to see that in a quote in a news article. Otherwise, I have a hard time believing it. I know that he left for financial reasons for his family, it's no secret that S.C. paid better and was a better opportunity for his young family.

If you ask Tim Carson, he'll gladly tell you that Hardin paved the way for his success and subsequent state championships.
To be more precise. Weddington doesn’t have the athletes to win a championship. In his defense, that is not the first or last time I heard that and no you won’t see that in a newspaper. Young family ? Well he was single living with his brother at the time . Pay raise , most likely and I don’t blame anyone for that. The way he left I didn’t care for ( July right before team camp), but as far as paving the way for Carson. … well if he didn’t leave at the last minute Carson probably doesn’t get that job. His previous HC experience didn’t end so well . But really it was a perfect storm. Two men at different stages in life and different stages in their careers. It worked out well. Carson brought is defense knowledge and Steins offense from SV and it worked! Hardin did a decent job at Weddington and I hope for the best at Kannapolis. He’s older and more experienced. And he’s where he has wanted to be his whole career.

Tim Carson is an all time favorite for me. Got in some good work and conversations with him for a week at the Shrine Bowl.

Reactions: onioncfb
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT