ADVERTISEMENT

Western Regional Championship Robbinsville vs Mitchell

You need to learn to shut your damn mouth. I'm Bens dad and I have been around this group of seniors since they first strapped a helmet to there head. They are a damn good group of kids. Get out of your mom's basement and come see me if you want to keep talking shit behind the safety of a computer screen. They lost to a damn good team leave it at that.
Your right. It should have never been brought up. My apologies. I removed the post. But i didn't name names. Nor would I. Emotions get the better of us all sometimes. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Purple1995
We won!!! 43-21 our first title!!! Thanks to everyone of you all on here!! There might be some fussin once in a while, but you all are winners and it is contagious!! I helped coach these kids when they was in youth league one year and now they are champs!! Thanks
Congratulations and Good Luck Next Week !

You need to learn to shut your damn mouth. I'm Bens dad and I have been around this group of seniors since they first strapped a helmet to there head. They are a damn good group of kids. Get out of your mom's basement and come see me if you want to keep talking shit behind the safety of a computer screen. They lost to a damn good team leave it at that.
Well said a dad from Mitchell appreciates what you're saying mine is a senior lost to you in the spring had a good game tonight and we finally crossed thecsmc hump, dont let these guys get to you you Wachachas are Robbinsville football my 80 year old great uncle still comes to games and talks about a Wachacha he saw in the 70s that would have gone pro but got killed in a car accident he dont go a week without mentioning your last name lol

Not to butt in on yours and your new friends interaction, as it's of no consequence to me, I wanted to tell you that your boy is a heck of an athlete and competitor. You don't become a state championship wrestler and stud D-end if not. My boy graduated last year, was a good footballer and a solid wrestler for a kid that only did it three months out of the year, and the only opponent from conference in football, all the way to state his junior and senior year of wrestling that he dreaded seeing was your boy. My boy has always been strong hearted and a work horse, so that coming from him is high praise. When talking to him about football one night after playing Murphy he said facing Mugharbil didn't really impress him, that he would much rather faceoff against him than he would your boy lol. Just thought you'd like to know!
I think the long ride hurt Robbinsville and they probably just overlooked us like we did Andrew's I wish these 3 hr away games could be played in the middle at a neutral site talk about really throwing both teams off that would make it interesting anyway good season Robbinsville try not to tick that wrestling coach off lol he looks pretty tough

We won!!! 43-21 our first title!!! Thanks to everyone of you all on here!! There might be some fussin once in a while, but you all are winners and it is contagious!! I helped coach these kids when they was in youth league one year and now they are champs!! Thanks
That's AWESOME congrats

We pack the house and support our kids

I think the long ride hurt Robbinsville and they probably just overlooked us like we did Andrew's I wish these 3 hr away games could be played in the middle at a neutral site talk about really throwing both teams off that would make it interesting anyway good season Robbinsville try not to tick that wrestling coach off lol he looks pretty tough
He talks a good game anyway

Reactions: Purple1995
Someone asked about stats the only ones I've seen was in a highschool ot article on the game ...Ty was 8 for 11, 97 yards passing 197 yards rushing 5 TD's Mitchell's 2 int made 20 on the year Chase Duncan lead with 7 tackles.
For Robbinsville for some reason they didn't give Goss passing numbers only that he rushed for 99 yards..Adams rushed for 119 and 1 TD plus he lead in tackles 11 I saw at least 2 that he made saved a TD.
That was me. I never seen any stats anywhere. I watched the game but love to see the totals after the game. Thanks

I wont be a douche like you were in the spring lol and I quote we dont owe any apology you ran into a top tier smc team Robbinsville was handing out asswhippings Mitchell was next on the list remember that? Lmao
Easy on the name calling , keep your purple panties out of a wad. I remember saying it and stand by it 100 %. You could also say that’s what happened to Robbinsville on Friday night.and I’m good with that it’s part of the game. I’ve said several times I respect the Mitchell people and program but don’t think Mitchell or Robbinsville can beat Tarboro. Been around Robbinsville football many years and championship caliber teams are a different breed much , much different than what was on the field Friday night. Am I pulling for Mitchell? No . And it doesn’t matter . I just think Tarboro is 25-30 points better than who ever the West sent.

That was me. I never seen any stats anywhere. I watched the game but love to see the totals after the game. Thanks
Total yards:
Robbinsville 350 yds
Mitchell 352 yds

Adams 119 yds
Gross 99 yds
Williams 45 yds
Wiggins 12 yds

Turbyfill 207 yds
Hoyle 35 yds
Duncan 9yds
Young 8 yds

Gross 7-14-2. 75yds
Turbyfill 8-11-0. 93 yds

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Total yards:
Robbinsville 350 yds
Mitchell 352 yds

Adams 119 yds
Gross 99 yds
Williams 45 yds
Wiggins 12 yds

Turbyfill 207 yds
Hoyle 35 yds
Duncan 9yds
Young 8 yds

Gross 7-14-2. 75yds
Turbyfill 8-11-0. 93 yds
I wish I could watch this game. How did Robbinsville almost outgain Mitchell and still get beat by 2 scores? Did they turn the ball over?

Question for Mitchell and robbinsville posters. Does anyone know how many returning starters each team will have back next year? It seems like both are young teams.

Reactions: Mhsneer
Question for Mitchell and robbinsville posters. Does anyone know how many returning starters each team will have back next year? It seems like both are young teams.
I believe something like 11 seniors.. some receivers who also play important part in the secondary, two of the starting lineman, the highest rushing RB who is also a real good blocking back and definitely be missed as a LB on D and the kicker which having someone who is very consistent on extra points is good to have

Reactions: Smokymntfan
This post is for Robbinsville posters .
I finally got to see the film today. I was so frustrated after the first half Friday that I missed alot in the 2nd half. The Knights were a different team in the 2nd half.NO question.
Better containment on QB . We blocked much better also. Running backs were getting 5 and 6 yards a carry. Kids were playing hard. Gross with some awesome runs. This game was never in question for Mitchell. But if we play the first half like the second half, this game would have been nail-biting. We outscored Mitchell in the second half, and yes Mitchell's starters were in. I was also made aware that Asheville Citizen stats may be wrong,that Robbinsville actually outgained Mitchell , 337 yds to 318 yds.
Sometimes Robbinsville fans can't see the forest for the trees. This group gave us 45 wins over the last 4 years. Good job guys. Proud of you all.

I believe something like 11 seniors.. some receivers who also play important part in the secondary, two of the starting lineman, the highest rushing RB who is also a real good blocking back and definitely be missed as a LB on D and the kicker which having someone who is very consistent on extra points is good to have
If my memory serves me right, Mr. Stamey said that the QB was a junior this year too?

Reactions: Mhsneer
Not that it matters the stats that Mitchell coaching staff turned in to MaxPreps was 260 yards rushing and 93 yards passing total 353 yards.
As far as in games where teams that can be close or the winning team has less yardage can depend on different factors like mentioned turn overs (Mitchell had two int both ending up on the Rville 30) plus field position like where you starting from after a kick-off or punt.

Easy on the name calling , keep your purple panties out of a wad. I remember saying it and stand by it 100 %. You could also say that’s what happened to Robbinsville on Friday night.and I’m good with that it’s part of the game. I’ve said several times I respect the Mitchell people and program but don’t think Mitchell or Robbinsville can beat Tarboro. Been around Robbinsville football many years and championship caliber teams are a different breed much , much different than what was on the field Friday night. Am I pulling for Mitchell? No . And it doesn’t matter . I just think Tarboro is 25-30 points better than who ever the West sent.
You wouldn't be saying that if Robbinsville won

This post is for Robbinsville posters .
I finally got to see the film today. I was so frustrated after the first half Friday that I missed alot in the 2nd half. The Knights were a different team in the 2nd half.NO question.
Better containment on QB . We blocked much better also. Running backs were getting 5 and 6 yards a carry. Kids were playing hard. Gross with some awesome runs. This game was never in question for Mitchell. But if we play the first half like the second half, this game would have been nail-biting. We outscored Mitchell in the second half, and yes Mitchell's starters were in. I was also made aware that Asheville Citizen stats may be wrong,that Robbinsville actually outgained Mitchell , 337 yds to 318 yds.
Sometimes Robbinsville fans can't see the forest for the trees. This group gave us 45 wins over the last 4 years. Good job guys. Proud of you all.
That's because we started subbing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT