ADVERTISEMENT

Western Regional Championship Robbinsville vs Mitchell

Lay it to them, Mount Airy could have put them away tonight and gave Mitchell a better game. They played to lose. Worst I have seen from the SMC. I think they were all down this year. But that happens.

Lay it to them, Mount Airy could have put them away tonight and gave Mitchell a better game. They played to lose. Worst I have seen from the SMC. I think they were all down this year. But that happens.
I wouldn't trash the SMC over that loss. I'm pretty sure MA is sitting at home too. At least one SMC team can say they beat Mitchell this year. MA can't say that now can they!

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
I’m gonna say this and then I’m moving over to the basketball threads. It was very evident that there were only a handful of players ready to play that game yesterday. That’s not a dig at Mitchell. Mitchell has a good football team regardless of which Robbinsville team showed up. However, had we played with some fire last night, I could see the outcome being different. Maybe not necessarily Who wins but it would have been a close ball game. As far as the whole Murphy thing goes, yeah they might have had a little more success moving the ball, but still don’t think they play Mitchell closer than 2 scores so it is an asinine comment to say that Murphy should have represented the SMC. You Murphy fans can take that how you want. I really don’t care. Robbinsville will be in contention the next 2 years with a very good chance of playing for a state title 2 times. Even after that we should be in contention. As for mbd fan, if what I said ruffled your feathers, so be it but don’t blame me for being Murphy into it when it was clearly another person on the thread. Good luck to Mitchell in the title game. Win it and bring it back to the mountains again. WickedStix out until next season.

I'm not the type to as I mentioned before the game to talk smack I really wasn't sure how this game would go and nor I'm the type to rub in a win afterwards nor do I think it would be called for I was don't really remember Robbinsville guys on here saying that they thought Rville would cream Mitchell both side for the most part said a close game etc.
But that said I'm sorry I did take some enjoyment rewatching some of the FYN Facebook show where they said basically Mitchell wasn't balanced enough on offense to make any passes without being intercepted once or twice and their best chance of a win would be something like 14-10 because they didn't see Mitchell scoring no more then 14 points.

I'm not the type to as I mentioned before the game to talk smack I really wasn't sure how this game would go and nor I'm the type to rub in a win afterwards nor do I think it would be called for I was don't really remember Robbinsville guys on here saying that they thought Rville would cream Mitchell both side for the most part said a close game etc.
But that said I'm sorry I did take some enjoyment rewatching some of the FYN Facebook show where they said basically Mitchell wasn't balanced enough on offense to make any passes without being intercepted once or twice and their best chance of a win would be something like 14-10 because they didn't see Mitchell scoring no more then 14 points.
I appreciate what fyn is doing but their football knowledge is awful and they are completely bias toward Murphy and it shows big time

I think that Robbinsville would have had a better shot at winning if they would have tried to get the QB running the ball more... tried to spread Mitchell out a little and let 4 and QB run in space. Most of the game was trying to pound with Mitchell and that wasn’t happening.
Clearly Mitchell was the better team and looked like they wanted it A LOT MORE !!

I think that Robbinsville would have had a better shot at winning if they would have tried to get the QB running the ball more... tried to spread Mitchell out a little and let 4 and QB run in space. Most of the game was trying to pound with Mitchell and that wasn’t happening.
Clearly Mitchell was the better team and looked like they wanted it A LOT MORE !!
I agree Rville actually found a little more offense then I wanted them to late in the game using the QB more the offensive combination they probably should have been playing , while he did show how dangerous he is once pass the line scrimmage on his TD run Mitchell was keeping for the most part Adams in the backfield. But defensively I don't think they had an answer for Mitchell and it came down to the line this by no means is the biggest line Mitchell has had but I believe their one of the best , it's like the Rville coach said before the game about the line he commented on their blocking schemes and that you know what's coming but you still have to stop it.

Someone asked about stats the only ones I've seen was in a highschool ot article on the game ...Ty was 8 for 11, 97 yards passing 197 yards rushing 5 TD's Mitchell's 2 int made 20 on the year Chase Duncan lead with 7 tackles.
For Robbinsville for some reason they didn't give Goss passing numbers only that he rushed for 99 yards..Adams rushed for 119 and 1 TD plus he lead in tackles 11 I saw at least 2 that he made saved a TD.

After talking to some of the boys personally I can tell you some of them are more interested in drinking and chasing ass than they are playing football. I could very easily throw some names out too but I'm not going to do that. Robbinsville football though win or lose will be better for it when this particular group graduates. If you have other places you'd rather be why even put the cleats on?
Wow.."Group" .? Seniors I hope?

I appreciate what fyn is doing but their football knowledge is awful and they are completely bias toward Murphy and it shows big time
Exactly..I enjoy their broadcast but their football knowledge is almost embarrassing to listen to..and the game write ups are beyond terrible..literally in fairy tail land..we make copies at work and had out for entertainment 😀

Thats not me dissing the kids if your taking it that way. Thats me relaying information straight from the horse's mouth.
No not at all..I was just wondering when you said group, if it was seniors? I hate to wait 2 or 3 years for the problems to graduate.
But man ,I justed looked at our Roster, thats a great group of seniors that played their last game last night, and I'm not talking about good football players but kids that have been raised in Christian homes their entire life..Every high school football team in America has guys chasing tail and sneaking a drink in here and now. They are teenage boys

Last edited:
it's like the Rville coach said before the game about the line he commented on their blocking schemes and that you know what's coming but you still have to stop it.
Robbinsville's d-line did very little stunting last night, mostly shifting on the line and shooting the gaps but no stunts, I'm sure Mitchell's o-line coach appreciated that.
Fact, if you win on the line of scrimmage, you win on the scoreboard as Mitchell proved last night. It's a bad mistake to assume size always wins.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Well he is getting offer while playing.
So yes I think he plays. I remember alot of talk about him not playing the last two years but he did. He will run through the NC 195lb class either way.
He’s a great wrestler from those who know the sport we’ll say he’s as good as they’ve seen in WNC ever. He’s a five star hope he plays both but couldn’t blame him if he didn’t
I’m gonna say this and then I’m moving over to the basketball threads. It was very evident that there were only a handful of players ready to play that game yesterday. That’s not a dig at Mitchell. Mitchell has a good football team regardless of which Robbinsville team showed up. However, had we played with some fire last night, I could see the outcome being different. Maybe not necessarily Who wins but it would have been a close ball game. As far as the whole Murphy thing goes, yeah they might have had a little more success moving the ball, but still don’t think they play Mitchell closer than 2 scores so it is an asinine comment to say that Murphy should have represented the SMC. You Murphy fans can take that how you want. I really don’t care. Robbinsville will be in contention the next 2 years with a very good chance of playing for a state title 2 times. Even after that we should be in contention. As for mbd fan, if what I said ruffled your feathers, so be it but don’t blame me for being Murphy into it when it was clearly another person on the thread. Good luck to Mitchell in the title game. Win it and bring it back to the mountains again. WickedStix out until next season.
Fire or no fire the Mitchell front 7 on both sides of the ball were in control tonight. Another effort like this next Saturday and the Mountaineers will have a great chance to bring back the championship

After talking to some of the boys personally I can tell you some of them are more interested in drinking and chasing ass than they are playing football. I could very easily throw some names out too but I'm not going to do that. Robbinsville football though win or lose will be better for it when this particular group graduates. If you have other places you'd rather be why even put the cleats on?
You need to learn to shut your damn mouth. I'm Bens dad and I have been around this group of seniors since they first strapped a helmet to there head. They are a damn good group of kids. Get out of your mom's basement and come see me if you want to keep talking shit behind the safety of a computer screen. They lost to a damn good team leave it at that.

I sure don’t want to distract, take away from either teams accomplishments or offend either team or their fans. Maybe this isn’t the right place to invite any of you to watch this? You might all be wore out with football too? But West Virginia is playing the 1A (small school) state championship tonight at 7pm. Our little county school is in it, Ritchie County Rebels. Any of you interested are invited to watch.
wvmetronews.com and you can click on the football scores in red at top or there is a watch or listen option near top too.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT