ADVERTISEMENT

tuscola @ smoky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuscola head coach is a good man. He knows now this is not the right fit for JTP. He deserves better. His family deserves better place. JTP needs to keep head up, a better place is on the horizon.

Vipers everywhere on the Hill.

What's the difference between the rivals? One program doesn't tolerate fanatic and parental interference. The other does tolerate? Who really is in charge?

What happened last week with fan, parent? Arrest made? Why? Who really is in charge?

Who could ever succeed at Tuscola when you have assistant coaches who are going around town stabbing "JTP" in the back. Holt on, that's wrong. Who is cuffing up players at practice. Holt on, isn't that Abuse?

How can group of coaches get run off by DK and TP find their way back into the program. Recycle garbage? Players see.

DK and TP brought championships to Tuscola. Why were they run off? Who really is in charge?

Who really is Jubal? Was Jubal booted from DK and TP staffs? Why? Is Jubal and AD the same person? Lot of stabbing in back of JTP. Are Jubal's past posts available? Nothing really gets deleted.

Tuscola alums Dogthathunts and Bamatide told fans the truth, facts, but were ignored, ridiculed and scorned. Why?

Where is Tuscola alum Austin Chambers? Why did he leave? Who was responsible in forcing Chambers' departure. Who really is in charge?

What happened Friday night in Jackson County? Fractured staff? Players see. Is Jubal on the staff? Does nothing. Who really is in charge?

Vipers are everywhere? Vipers killing program? Need for complete house cleaning?

How does Pisgah beat Mountain Heritage? Answer: Coaching. How does Tuscola lose to Smoky Mountain? Answer: Coaching. Why the difference?

Problem has existed for more than 15 years. Why? Who really is in charge?

Last edited:
ol red...$h!*! They just lost to Erwin! He has already proven he can't win here!
Well..... Allen IS the last Tuscola coach with a win over Pisgah, but you’ve probably forgotten that since it’s been so long ago. Allen’s 8-4 record in 2013 is also Tuscola’s 2nd best season record in the past decade behind Pursley’s 11-2 in 2016. Not sure how good a coach he is, but Allen did win some games there and has NB playing some pretty good ball from what I’ve heard.

As for “They just lost to Erwin!”, Erwin is just now getting out of the tough part of their schedule. Mitchell, Heritage, ACR, & Robbinsville were too much for Erwin, but with the exception of West Henderson they’ll likely be favored over the rest of their games.

Reactions: BK13T-$ and 91ths
Really??? We have 1 extremely tough game ahead and one I think we can win. We need to get healthy and stay healthy. 3 weeks and counting! 100% I'll keep my promise! I'm not going anywhere! THS Forever

Reactions: susanenhefner
Cletus makes several good points and got me wondering how many Tuscola assistants have went on to be a head coach somewhere ? Heck how many have played above high school level ? Jtp was the only one I could think of.

Last time I looked Erwin is supposed to beat NB. NB lost by 1. Tuscola season is done.

I still believe we can compete with Asheville and Erwin. AC and West may be a little too much, but NB is definitely beatable. I told you they were overated. I see at least 1-3 more wins.
You still can't see the forest for all the trees being in the way! BTW, how is your hand?!?

Really??? We have 1 extremely tough game ahead and one I think we can win. We need to get healthy and stay healthy. 3 weeks and counting! 100% I'll keep my promise! I'm not going anywhere! THS Forever
You have TWO extremely tough games left against West & ACR, no chance against either. You will be underdogs to AVL, Erwin, and probably NB. TCR game is a toss up at best. At least you beat Enka and North. That’s the best you will do.

Last edited:
We shall see. Maybe they will put up more than 14 points...…..o_O
I also watched Smoky blow the game against rville… They have a penalty problem....But Hell..So do we.. LOL

Hmm maybe Tuscola would win if their AD spent more time on football than he did on NC preps

Reactions: 91ths
I agree 100% Coach Postell is a great man, and I also believe he is a great coach. We as a community need to give him time to establish his culture. That is not created in 1 or 2 years. Sometimes it takes several, but some are to ignorant to know that. We have had no consistency over last 10 years and that is a major problem. Lets give this head coach a chance instead of running him out of town. We will regret and reap the consequences if we do!

Reactions: susanenhefner
Let’s see .... if culture is NO discipline/ NO football knowledge / NO unity among coaches . I could go on and on. It’s not the wins and losses it’s the product on the field with ABSOLUTELY no improvement we are getting worse instead of better! We have talent to compete better than we are . Talent to win a conference championship? No but talent to at least be competitive against everyone we play . We are slowly turning into the next ... dare I say it ... Enka !

Reactions: Dogthathunts
Austin Chambers is the key? We know he was dedicated, smart, a DK protégé and one of us. Loved Tuscola. Plus he was the only coach on staff who played college football. Are you WOKE yet? Why was he removed? Who removed him? Was it a man with no Principal? [TT]? When there is a coup, must remove the person next in line. There is a swamp in DC and one in Waynesville. Get the truth on the Chambers situation, you begin the Great Awakening.

I have indeed been getting facts as to what happened to A.C. It's shameful that our school administration let this happen. Austin is a true mountaineer and was railroaded out. I would not be surprised if some of our athletes transfer to another program. Our new A.D. is childish and inmature. Has he ever held a head coaching job? Has he ever handled a budget? What qualified him for the position? The principal is the answer..aka the buddy system. Our coaches have no unity unlike our cross county rivals. This will indeed cause the downfall of a great program with a storied past. It's time for several changes in leadership at Tuscola to make things right again.

Last edited:
I have indeed been getting facts as to what happened to A.C. It's shameful that our school administration let this happen. Austin is a true mountaineer and was railroaded out. I would not be surprised if we some of our athletes transfer to another program. Our new A.D. is childish and inmature. Has he ever held a head coaching job? Has he ever handled a budget? What qualified him for the position? The principal is the answer..aka the buddy system. Our coaches have no unity unlike our cross county rivals. This will indeed cause the downfall of a great program with a storied past. It's time for several changes in leadership at Tuscola to make things right again.

There’s also issues when the AD “loses a fight with a locker” and there are other details that won’t be mentioned

Austin Chambers got F'ed over and everyone knows it but he's not the only former high profile alumni that Tuscola doesn't want anywhere close to the program... It sure does make you wonder why!

You have TWO extremely tough games left against West & ACR, no chance against either. You will be underdogs to AVL, Erwin, and probably NB. TCR game is a toss up at best. North is awful, so you should win that one at least:confused:
Tuscola already beat North Henderson (and Enka), so the pickings are slim.

I agree 100% Coach Postell is a great man, and I also believe he is a great coach. We as a community need to give him time to establish his culture. That is not created in 1 or 2 years. Sometimes it takes several, but some are to ignorant to know that. We have had no consistency over last 10 years and that is a major problem. Lets give this head coach a chance instead of running him out of town. We will regret and reap the consequences if we do!
So on this thread you claim to know Allen can’t win at Tuscola after he had 2 years, but now 2 years isn’t enough time to build a winner?

Jubal feels safe with past posts in the dark. Bring Jubal's past posts into the light and let everyone see who he really is. Treachery. Players see everything. Take notice of the timing. Tuscola new AD, Jubal stopped posting? Why?

House of Cards? Find the Jokers. They don't belong in the deck.
House Cleaning? Gives everyone a new and clean slate?

IMO, Tuscola's culture began to change when our wonderful former superintendent appointed Dale McDonald as principal. His lack of leadership and inability to make sound decisions and good hires was a major blow to the school both athletically and with the day to day workings for the school. He sucked the life out of the school. He did what was easiest for him and not for the community. When I would approach some school board members about my concerns, they would just respond "there is nothing we can do". It appears that we may have a younger version of him on the hill now. To be clear, he has not hired a football coach yet. However, in the past year, his preference of hiring "buddies" to several other coaching positions rather than the best candidate for a position has been disappointing. You lose the respect of the community quickly when the results are not there. All schools and businesses need strong leadership at the top and evidently the ex superintendent and current superintendent don't see the value in making the correct leadership decisions for Tuscola.

There’s also issues when the AD “loses a fight with a locker” and there are other details that won’t be mentioned
I heard about this as well. I took some butt chewings in my time but not once did a coach punch a locker by my head in frustration. Its my fear that the principal will overlook these things because he fits the mold with them. We had a coach on staff that has been overlooked twice for the a.d position but aka the buddy system was put into effect again. There are still those in the community that want this program to succeed but the way this ship is sailing they'll jump off and let it sink.

I heard about this as well. I took some butt chewings in my time but not once did a coach punch a locker by my head in frustration. Its my fear that the principal will overlook these things because he fits the mold with them. We had a coach on staff that has been overlooked twice for the a.d position but aka the buddy system was put into effect again. There are still those in the community that want this program to succeed but the way this ship is sailing they'll jump off and let it sink.
If you're talking about M.B. then it was probably just the roid rage... He's always had a hard time dealing with it. With that being said, I've had my ass chewed out more times than I can count by lord knows how many different coaches but not one ever lost their control and actually punched anything close to my head. If that's even remotely true then this is very disturbing and should be looked into (and it should not be done by his buddy).

Last edited:
Jubal feels safe with past posts in the dark. Bring Jubal's past posts into the light and let everyone see who he really is. Treachery. Players see everything. Take notice of the timing. Tuscola new AD, Jubal stopped posting? Why?

House of Cards? Find the Jokers. They don't belong in the deck.
House Cleaning? Gives everyone a new and clean slate?
Misinterpretation is Jubal

These things will have to be brought to the school board and superintendent of schools attention. Otherwise we can type replys for months on here and nothing will get fixed

IMO, Tuscola's culture began to change when our wonderful former superintendent appointed Dale McDonald as principal. His lack of leadership and inability to make sound decisions and good hires was a major blow to the school both athletically and with the day to day workings for the school. He sucked the life out of the school. He did what was easiest for him and not for the community. When I would approach some school board members about my concerns, they would just respond "there is nothing we can do". It appears that we may have a younger version of him on the hill now. To be clear, he has not hired a football coach yet. However, in the past year, his preference of hiring "buddies" to several other coaching positions rather than the best candidate for a position has been disappointing. You lose the respect of the community quickly when the results are not there. All schools and businesses need strong leadership at the top and evidently the ex superintendent and current superintendent don't see the value in making the correct leadership decisions for Tuscola.

The locker punch is very disturbing. I hope it is not true but if is, the shat is about to hit the fan.

So who do y'all think would want the tuscola coaching job? Imo, Nick Saban himself wouldn't touch it for 5 million a year.

Punch? Locker room? Charlie Chan once say, "cornered rat(s) usually full of fight.
I don't care enough about Tuscola to press this "locker room punching" issue with the powers that be... But, I sure as hell would if my kid was in that locker room. You Tuscola guys have been and are still looking for something to make change happen, well if remotely true then this just fell right into your lap...

Should have hired Brookshire! Wanted the job, had experience turning around program at SM, and had/has college experience.
I think he knows better. Removed his name last time.Coaches at Western now. Doubt he'd touch it for sure now

I think he knows better. Removed his name last time.Coaches at Western now. Doubt he'd touch it for sure now
Yep. He removed his name late due to things that happened during the process. No way he'd mess with it now.

I don't know who would want the job. Brookshire wouldn't take it now if they offered it and who would blame him. At one time they had good coaches who wanted the job but I doubt that will ever happen again. Bad leadership from the top down. They would have to clean house to change anything and they are not going to do that. If you are one of the lucky ones who got to experience true Mountaineer pride count your blessings. It was fun, but it is over. They are not willing to fix it.

Reactions: ShineTime and 91ths
I don't know who would want the job. Brookshire wouldn't take it now if they offered it and who would blame him. At one time they had good coaches who wanted the job but I doubt that will ever happen again. Bad leadership from the top down. They would have to clean house to change anything and they are not going to do that. If you are one of the lucky ones who got to experience true Mountaineer pride count your blessings. It was fun, but it is over. They are not willing to fix it.
The one thing that burns me the most is how complicit they are about losing.. Esp to the other side..But hey.. AT least everyone in the CLIQUE got what they wanted... Results be damned

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT