ADVERTISEMENT

The Official RPI Thread (post updates here)

Will someone please update this next week since the regular season ends Friday and I don't think it will change after Friday's game. (Or Will It ?)
TD RPI will be done by Saturday morning. Seeding from that will be used in bracketing then RPI will not be a thing for playoffs
And yes there are many games being played Friday that will change RPI

TD RPI will be done by Saturday morning. Seeding from that will be used in bracketing then RPI will not be a thing for playoffs
And yes there are many games being played Friday that will change RPI
Thank you thekidd12, that is what I was thinking but forgot how it was done for sure. Good luck to your team, that is until and if they play Mount Airy, then I have to pull for my BEARS 🏈. :)

We have a problem guys

BuzzedCoach is out terrorizing the town

He farted on TD but refuses to check if he had an accident

RPI's changing by the millisecond

Magic moving pictures laughing at everyone

If only we had a hero

a real man's man

A STUD perhaps

who could come and help the community of 1A on NC Preps not crumble?

I can think of only 1 member who can restore order

MA STUD pls come back

I know you couldn't have forsaken us forever 😔

I hate to throw a monkey wrench into things, but have some of you higher seeds considered that your opponent may change due to opt outs? I don't know of any but every year we have a few. Most are in the east.

200.gif

We have a problem guys

If only we had a hero

a real man's man

A STUD perhaps

MA STUD pls come back

Got three quarters of the way down your post then realized you weren’t referring to me???
What the??
I’m a man’s man!!

Ok that sounds a little creepy…
Let Stud do it…😂

I guess I would have saved myself time if I had looked a the NCHSAA's handbook instead of Googling how others calculate owp ...
NOTE - This is not calculated via the combined record of the opponents, but rather by averag-ing each winning percentage of the qualifying opponents.

Tville is above Starmount. Not sure if it is an oversight or RPI's changed again. I took Rville and Draughn as conference champs. So if playoffs started TODAY this is what I believe it will look like.

1​
Robbinsville
32​
Rosman
16​
Mountain Island Charter
17​
Alleghany
9​
Swain County
24​
Polk County
8​
Bessemer City
25​
Avery County
4​
North Rowan
29​
Carver
13​
Mountain Heritage
20​
Cherokee
12​
Starmount
21​
Andrews
5​
Draughn
28​
Cherryville
2​
Mount Airy
31​
Winston-Salem Prep
15​
Mitchell
18​
East Wilkes
10​
Murphy
23​
Albemarle
7​
South Stanly
26​
South Stokes
3​
Eastern Randolph
30​
Elkin
14​
Hayesville
19​
Corvian Community
11​
Thomasville
22​
Christ the King
6​
Bishop McGuinness
27​
South Davidson
Just curious. Someone brought up if Albemarle gets seeded first with confidence champions even though they will at best be .500 or probably be under .500 after Friday. The NCHSAA handbook for 2023-24 states...
The pre-determined East and West Regions will be seeded independently of one another.
(b) The teams in each region will be seeded as follows:
(1) Seed all 1st place automatic berths by RPI rating (or other NCHSAA selected ranking system).
NOTE: The highest finishing team in its half of a split conference must finish in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place overall and/or have an overall winning percentage of .500 or higher in order to be seeded as a #1

"and/or" so even if the lose they'll be tied with Mt Pleasant in conference wins but Albemarle won head to head so they would be in 2nd place in the overall conference.
So unless I'm reading this wrong wouldn't they be seeded with other conference champions and be like #10 seed? Or whatever the lowest seeded conference champion is I think 10 not sure.

Reactions: thekidd12
Just curious. Someone brought up if Albemarle gets seeded first with confidence champions even though they will at best be .500 or probably be under .500 after Friday. The NCHSAA handbook for 2023-24 states...
The pre-determined East and West Regions will be seeded independently of one another.
(b) The teams in each region will be seeded as follows:
(1) Seed all 1st place automatic berths by RPI rating (or other NCHSAA selected ranking system).
NOTE: The highest finishing team in its half of a split conference must finish in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place overall and/or have an overall winning percentage of .500 or higher in order to be seeded as a #1

"and/or" so even if the lose they'll be tied with Mt Pleasant in conference wins but Albemarle won head to head so they would be in 2nd place in the overall conference.
So unless I'm reading this wrong wouldn't they be seeded with other conference champions and be like #10 seed? Or whatever the lowest seeded conference champion is I think 10 not sure.
I believe you are correct. And/or is the key.
Plus even in a tie for second they would be assured at least a third place finish no matter the criteria.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Plus even in a tie for second they would be assured at least a third place finish no matter the criteria.
Well they're both 1A so one or the other will be the 1A conference champion in the 1A/2A split conference and I believe they'll use head to head.

We have a problem guys

If only we had a hero

a real man's man

A STUD perhaps

MA STUD pls come back

No we need Rich Blackman

Back to report, you are correct, unfortunately.

Lavender, Rose and Peach appear to be as well, we might be onto something here...
Ooh you got the big box with the sharpener built in didn’t ya???
I’m sooo jealous…

But if they are tied with South Stanley, South gets the nod due to the head to head. Right?

Reactions: BK13T-$
But if they are tied with South Stanley, South gets the nod due to the head to head. Right?
Well for some reason I didn't look at South Stanley. The thing is Albemarle beat Mt Pleasant but South Stanley beat Albemarle. So if Albemarle loses and South Stanley wins ( Mt P is playing a non conference game Friday) then you'll have a 3 way tie. But if Albemarle pulls of an upset Friday against North Staney then they'll have the most conference win in the 1A or if South Stanley gets upset by Union Academy it wouldn't matter because they're 1-2 in the conference right now and A is 2-1 and MtP is 2-2.

I'm looking forward to that possible trip to Mitchell! Much respect for you Mitchell guys when yall come to Ronda in 2015, would love to come return the favor, hook me up with some eating places if this falls like they are projecting.

We have a problem guys

If only we had a hero

a real man's man

A STUD perhaps

MA STUD pls come back

Commissioner King picks up the red phone.....

"Someone is terrorizing Preps City! Quick.........get me......STUD man!!"

I'm looking forward to that possible trip to Mitchell! Much respect for you Mitchell guys when yall come to Ronda in 2015, would love to come return the favor, hook me up with some eating places if this falls like they are projecting.
Was at that game, classy folks, with a great small stadium environment. It helped leaving with a win though. Last minute field goal. Not a normal thing for Mitchell.

Was at that game, classy folks, with a great small stadium environment. It helped leaving with a win though. Last minute field goal. Not a normal thing for Mitchell.
I'm I right that the kicker was Ben Bonner and it was the last year he played and two years later passed away after giving blood he fainted and hit his head at only 17 years ago and was a really nice young man.

Reactions: Mhsneer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT