ADVERTISEMENT

The Official RPI Thread (post updates here)

As of 7:00 am but it's time for the 3rd shifter to get some sleep

1. Robbinsville
32. Thomas Jefferson

16. Mtn Island
17. Alleghany

8. Bessemer City
25. South Stanley

9. Swain
24. Avery

5. Mtn Heritage
28. Carver

12. Starmount
21. Cherokee

13. Draughn
20. Corvian Community

4. North Rowan
29. Elkin

3. Eastern Randolph
30. Cherryville

14. Hayesville
19. Christ the King

6. Albemarle
27. South Davidson

11. Thomasville
22. Andrews

7. Bishop Mcguinness
26. South Stokes

10. Murphy
23. Polk

15. Mitchell
18. East Wilkes

2. Mt. Airy
31. Union Academy

Last edited:
WSP is out.
MA vs Union
Rville vs T.Jeff
The rest is correct as of 6:24am
Fixed it I'm sure there could be more changes before the rpi finishes updating several teams with rpi nearly identical all it's would take is a small change in oowp for some seed shifting but it's as close as I can figure for now

This thread says so much about 1A football. Supporters of West teams have been up all night with calculators, compass and slide rule trying to figure out where their team will be in the bracket. Supporters of East teams, well all my Tarboro folks just woke up and the only question they have is which site hosts the 1A championship this year?

This thread says so much about 1A football. Supporters of West teams have been up all night with calculators, compass and slide rule trying to figure out where their team will be in the bracket. Supporters of East teams, well all my Tarboro folks just woke up and the only question they have is which site hosts the 1A championship this year?
Up all night?
Man I’m in a tree looking for Bambi’s daddy!

You ain’t wrong though. That’s pretty spot on.

Last edited:
Lots of good match ups early.If this holds true. Top half looks a little tougher than the bottom. Starmount / Heritage matchup is very interesting. The possibility of a rematch of last nights game between Swain and the knights. The Bears and Mitchell in the second round. Then I must say that 3rd round matchup with the dawgs and bears has me feeling some kinda way. Playoffs just ain’t the playoffs without seeing one of the Smc teams . Love it. Best time of year.

Last night answered some questions about this years bears team. I’ve been talking about it all year about the current sophomore class. They could be as good if not better than the current senior class was at that juncture. The younger gallimore looked outstanding last night. Martin will be a different back than Mason, lot more shifty and not as down hill. If he had the same amount of touches this year his number would be crazy. Tyson youmans will go down as one of the best linebackers that ever wore the ma helmet. This is the deepest 1a team I’ve seen in recent memory. Lots of great things happening in the granite city. Now to the buisness at hand . Looking forward to this run. Lots of potential great match ups. Mitchell , Murphy , eastern Randolph and whoever comes off the top of the bracket. Early prediction, the western regional will be at Wallace Shelton in 5 weeks. See you there

Last edited:
Last night answered some questions about this years bears team. I’ve been talking about it all year about the current sophomore class. They could be as good if not better than the current senior class was at that juncture. The younger gallimore looked outstanding last night. Martin will be a different back than Mason, lot more shifty and not as down hill. If he had the same amount of touches this year his number would be crazy. Tyson youmans will go down as one of the best linebackers that ever wore the ma helmet. This is the deepest 1a team I’ve seen in recent memory. Lots of great things happening in the granite city. Now to the buisness at hand . Looking forward to this run. Lots of potential great match ups. Mitchell , Murphy , eastern Randolph and whoever comes off the top of the bracket. Early prediction, the western regional will be at Wallace Shelton in 5 weeks. See you there
Mason seems to have the top end speed but Martin is one of the shiftiest backs I’ve ever seen

Not so fast my friend...
OK watching Game Day and couldn't help it :D :D :D

I still think Mt Airy is team until they ain't...

Conference champions or at least the 1A in a split conference & current RPI as of October 28th @ 8:24am

1_Smoky Mountain 1A
Robbinsville(0.70561)
2_Northwest 1A
Mount Airy (0.65408)
3_Piedmont Athletic 1A/2A
Eastern Randolph (0.64978)
4_Central Carolina 1A/2A
North Rowan (0.60833)
5_Western Highlands 1A/2A
Mtn Heritage (0.59401)
6_Yadkin Valley 1A/2A
Albemarle (0.48693)
7_Football Only Conference A (combination of Northwest Piedmont 1A & Catawba Shores Athletic 1A/2A)
Bishop McGuinness (0.47253)
8_Southern Piedmont 1A/2A
Bessemer City (0.45313)

Reactions: thekidd12
Only bad look last night was players slipping up on that artificial turf and going down. But the field was beautiful.

Reactions: thekidd12
Conference champions or at least the 1A in a split conference & current RPI as of October 28th @ 8:24am

1_Smoky Mountain 1A
Robbinsville(0.70561)
2_Northwest 1A
Mount Airy (0.65408)
3_Piedmont Athletic 1A/2A
Eastern Randolph (0.64978)
4_Central Carolina 1A/2A
North Rowan (0.60833)
5_Western Highlands 1A/2A
Mtn Heritage (0.59401)
6_Yadkin Valley 1A/2A
Albemarle (0.48693)
7_Football Only Conference A (combination of Northwest Piedmont 1A & Catawba Shores Athletic 1A/2A)
Bishop McGuinness (0.47253)
8_Southern Piedmont 1A/2A
Bessemer City (0.45313)
As Maxwell Smart used to say ER "missed it by this much!"...

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
I would expect running clock by half. MA gets their first win vs Mitchell in a big way. But none the less…..

Go Mountaineers
To be honest if it plays out like it's been predicted I wouldn't jump right into Mitchell going to Mt Airy first they'll have to beat
6-4 East Wilkes who beat Allegheny 33-7 while Mitchell only beat them 22-14.

Must be nice to play against garbage for 5 weeks and play in title game every year.

Must be nice to play against garbage for 5 weeks and play in title game every year.
I think most of my fellow Viking fans disagree with this. Some of our finest memories as fans was the great 2A playoff runs from 2008-2012. They were great because we had to win 2nd and 3rd round games late in the 4th. In 2011, the Vikings won the 2A championship by winning 5 games by a combined total of 17 points. Those were awesome memories. “Garbage games” as you call them aren’t very memorable. I actually envy the enthusiasm west teams bring. Wish it was that strong on our end of the state.

I think most of my fellow Viking fans disagree with this. Some of our finest memories as fans was the great 2A playoff runs from 2008-2012. They were great because we had to win 2nd and 3rd round games late in the 4th. In 2011, the Vikings won the 2A championship by winning 5 games by a combined total of 17 points. Those were awesome memories. “Garbage games” as you call them aren’t very memorable. I actually envy the enthusiasm west teams bring. Wish it was that strong on our end of the state.
You just proved my point by only bringing up 2a memories... I meant since becoming 1a. Wasn't talking at all about your 2a past

Robbinsville keeps talking about RPI. MA don't care! Starmount will beat Robb in playoffs and Murphy/ Swain in regular season.

I agree, I’m not associated with Murphy but I’ve watched a couple games online this season. They are a very solid team.

Robbinsville posters have said they held there own against Raben Gap......
ROBB PASSING 73 RUSHING 114 187 YARDS
RABEN PASSING 288 RUSHING 205 TOTAL 493 YARDS
36-0

BS if yall held your own why you take starters out! SMH why not play starters to get better against better competition. That's dumbest thing I have ever heard! You smc boys kill me!!!!!!!! LMAO they get most of yards bc yall pulled your starters out lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2:31 left in 2nd qrt it was 14-0 you sure you seen the game?

You just proved my point by only bringing up 2a memories... I meant since becoming 1a. Wasn't talking at all about your 2a past
I’m not sure what your point was then. If your point was they are garbage games, I can’t arguing with you. You said however that it must be nice. Frankly, it kind of sucks. If it all proves your point no matter what I say, then I guess you win and I lose. I’ll just continue to tell you the truth and keep moving.

When you said I think most of my fellow vikings disagree with this.... I took that as you disagreed with the part of my statement when I said the teams y'all play in 1a playoffs are garbage. Then u listed memories about 2a good games. I misinterpreted your statement.. U meant they miss good games I thought u meant y'all were still playing good games. My bad, enjoy the next 5 weeks looking forward to watching a rematch with the bears in 6.

Reactions: HowerinJr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT