ADVERTISEMENT

Starmount Head Football Coach (Updated 5-15; Greg Lloyd hired)

If it's him it'll be the first time Starmount's hired outside the program in 44 years.. and that dude was Holt so they have a good track history with it.

I wouldn't be suprised if they'd pick an alumni though who played in the Wing. Hard to overcome that there.

The Shelby Star

Longtime Kings Mountain football coach Greg Lloyd steps down​

Joe L Hughes II January 26, 2023

Greg Lloyd’s 133 wins are the most in the program’s 100-year history. After five of his first seven seasons as Kings Mountain coach ended with losing records, his teams from 2014-23 won 80% of their games.

Sixty of Lloyd’s former players have gone on to play at the college level.

Last edited:
Meet Greg Lloyd, He Don't Look 70
FwNau1tWYAA7oXq

Last edited:
Coach Lloyd inherited very good talent at East Gaston and almost got us to a Western 4a Final in 2 years. Most don't remember how bad Kings Mtn was when he took over there. He turned them into a powerhouse quickly.

That might be a little stretch. When you say talent Kings mountain had it. They got more of it than most places. He's a good football coach. Hopefully he'll get them respectable. 5 years with a losing record in your first 5 years wasn't a quick turnaround. Whoever said that. I believe he might be a little shocked at the level of athleticism at Starmount. It's probably not what he's used to. But that being said he immediately probably becomes one of the two or three best head coaches in the area. And frankly I think he'll work wonders.

That might be a little stretch. When you say talent Kings mountain had it. They got more of it than most places. He's a good football coach. Hopefully he'll get them respectable. 5 years with a losing record in your first 5 years wasn't a quick turnaround. Whoever said that. I believe he might be a little shocked at the level of athleticism at Starmount. It's probably not what he's used to. But that being said he immediately probably becomes one of the two or three best head coaches in the area. And frankly I think he'll work wonders.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
Great hire , I for one am happy for the ram program. It doesn’t do anyone or any team
Any good in the conference when one team is dominant year in and year out. I think this hire is as great for the conference as it is for the rams. Already looking forward to seeing the rams this year and most importantly the rams / bears match up in the fall. I think the bears need a few games before the playoffs. Not gonna be much of a drop off after this years team leaves in the granite city. With that said and what starmount has in the system the coming years could be some of the nw1a’s best in a long time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT