ADVERTISEMENT

Robbinsville stadium

Well, I doubt there are many places in the world with a trackhoe/citizen ratio anywhere near Robbinsville's.
Lol that was awesome! Sure is handy being hard workin country folk ain’t it! Tools, heavy equipment, know how and work ethic and things get done! Can the project use help or volunteers?

Reactions: BK13T-$
From watching the combined meeting last week, I was a little surprised at the optimism they had that they can have stands up by the first game. I saw that they had equipment ready to go for demo when the measure passed. There was mention that the new bleachers will need to be on a flat surface, so there's some site prep to be done. Is there not a bid process involved? Then the winning bidder has to schedule, make sure they have materials, labor, etc. I heard mention that DPI may have to approve some aspect of it. That's a mighty fast timeline for a government project- 8-9-10 weeks?

From watching the combined meeting last week, I was a little surprised at the optimism they had that they can have stands up by the first game. I saw that they had equipment ready to go for demo when the measure passed. There was mention that the new bleachers will need to be on a flat surface, so there's some site prep to be done. Is there not a bid process involved? Then the winning bidder has to schedule, make sure they have materials, labor, etc. I heard mention that DPI may have to approve some aspect of it. That's a mighty fast timeline for a government project- 8-9-10 weeks?
Sounds like it’s the good old boy end justifies the means deal. Yes, there has to be a bid process. And there are time frames by statute.

Sounds like it’s the good old boy end justifies the means deal. Yes, there has to be a bid process. And there are time frames by statute.
Does there have to be a "bid process" when some local construction companies offered to do the demolition and site prep work for $0? Work started on the site right after the meeting.

Does there have to be a "bid process" when some local construction companies offered to do the demolition and site prep work for $0? Work started on the site right after the meeting.
Yes. There still has to be a scope of work that assures that the construction meets certain regulatory standards. State law has a pretty exhaustive process that has to be followed. Too exhaustive? Perhaps. But required just the same.The bid process is part of that submission that the government entity has to verify.

Reactions: CherokeeKid
We got this. Thanks for your concern though.
You’re welcome. Really not concerned and wasn’t gonna bring it up until somebody else mentioned it. Thomasville will have to do it too. They’ll use a different process. Hopefully both will last for a long time

Yes. There still has to be a scope of work that assures that the construction meets certain regulatory standards. State law has a pretty exhaustive process that has to be followed. Too exhaustive? Perhaps. But required just the same.The bid process is part of that submission that the government entity has to verify.
Not necessarily, the state has exceptions to the bidding process in emergency situations. I believe regarding health and safety, and time considerations, this would apply to Big Oaks.

You’re welcome. Really not concerned and wasn’t gonna bring it up until somebody else mentioned it. Thomasville will have to do it too. They’ll use a different process. Hopefully both will last for a long time
Ah I'm sure that the 3 professional construction companies that are doing this work are aware of any and all laws, protocol, rules, etc, etc. They simply donated the cost for the demolition and site preparation...extremely generous and selfless thing to do. Just didn't see any reason allow bids, when these companies offered this for free. And I'm sure if Thomasville or any other school has a offer this generous...they'll use the same process and say thank you. Lol

Not necessarily, the state has exceptions to the bidding process in emergency situations. I believe regarding health and safety, and time considerations, this would apply to Big Oaks.
Ah I'm sure that the 3 professional construction companies that are doing this work are aware of any and all laws, protocol, rules, etc, etc. They simply donated the cost for the demolition and site preparation...extremely generous and selfless thing to do. Just didn't see any reason allow bids, when these companies offered this for free. And I'm sure if Thomasville or any other school has an offer this generous...they'll use the same process and say thank you. Lol
I’m sure it was generous and much appreciated. Actually, Thomasville turned down a similar offer for the city owned baseball facility because it had to go through the bid process.

Reactions: Sportsnut17
I’m sure it was generous and much appreciated. Actually, Thomasville turned down a similar offer for the city owned baseball facility because it had to go through the bid process.
Again, it doesn't apply to Big Oaks.

2nd row:

358385245_972368327413330_8669752011491909202_n.jpg

2nd row:

Certainly could apply to demolition. Might want to run that by the School of Government on construction. Or are you suggesting that there is a constitutionally guaranteed right to have home football games this fall?😂
I really don’t care what is done about the stadium. Somebody asked the question and I gave my answer based on experience in municipal government. I stand by it, but my vote doesn’t count, and shouldn’t.

2nd row:

Your wasting your time. 3 professional construction companies donated $150 thousand dollars worth of work to the school. He/she still feels that the county should have went through a "bidding process" to decide who they get to pay to do the job.

They should pick the three that offered to work for free. 👍
And they could. After the bidding process.
Thomasville turned down the free offer because the company couldn’t meet the bonding requirements. To protect the city if they did shoddy work or stopped halfway through. That too is part of the bidding process.

Reactions: sbbbfan
I hope they can get it done by the first game. I would hate to see senior kids not get to play Infront of their home crowd and the stadium they've grew up in.

Reactions: RealStihl
If they get it done it will be a huge accomplishment. Not every school would be able to pull it off. Hope we can.

Rush construction of new bleachers because old bleachers were deemed structurally unsafe...sounds like a recipe for disaster.

• Haha
Reactions: 87SwO
If they get it done it will be a huge accomplishment. Not every school would be able to pull it off. Hope we can.

If they pull it off it will be because they either found a loophole in the laws or they just blatantly ignored them. No project involving state government (especially schools) happens quickly. Government bogs down everything.

Well I will say they need to hurry up n figure it out because it’s July so I hope y’all have a backup plan to play else where if It’s not completed in time

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT