• Pinecrest

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Scotland

Votes: 15 78.9%

• Total voters

scotswin

Sep 16, 2003
Laurinburg, NC
Big big game in the Sandhills conference this Friday night as the undefeated Patriots travel
to Laurinburg to face the undefeated Scots. The winner definitely has the inside track on
winning the outright conference title. Only one common opponent to this point in southern lee whom both beat convincingly. Pinecrest has won the last five meeting between the 2 teams, generally always close games. Should be a good one at Pate , can the Scots end this streak of 5 loses in a row to the Patriots. Massey has Pinecrest favored by a TD in its projection. .Thoughts, comments, predictions ??? you're all invited...
Scots get it done, GO SCOTS !!!!!!!!

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Should be a good game. 1 score game sounds about right. Any idea of how many people are expected to be there?

I hope this is a good game with the Pats coming out on top. I think this is the best Scotland team that they have had since losing their RB to the SEC and eventually the NFL. This season marks 10 years that the Scots hung 61 in the first half at Pate on the Patriots. Hoping for a closer game than that this year unless it involves the green team scoring a bunch and the blue team not scoring.

I watched the Pinecrest and Lee game last Friday. (If you'll allow me to throw a stone in my glass house) I will say this is the most undisciplined Pinecrest team I've seen in a while. They got a good number of penalties, but are pretty sound in their skill positions and overall a good football team. Scots will need to find a way to stop number "0"... I think our offense can get it done, I'm just a little concern with our defense. Should be a good one at "The Pate", in the past 5 years this is probably the Scots best year to get it done.

I’m curious; does the Pinecrest HC run more than 3 plays?
I dont know about that 2-3 play thing but to be able to drop back and throw it in the general direct of a 6'5" 200 lb(melvin)receiver that can go up and get it is a really good 1 play, the other being able to hand it to a really good running back (Spencer)2. Anything much to the other guys has a great chance to succeed with all the focus on 1 and 2. The weakness this year from what I can gather for PC is in the line play or in the trenches as you may call it. I expect Scotland to wanna possess the ball alot, pound that rock and do what they do, hopefully stay away from the turnovers, dont get bated into bad penalties, then there better athletes take this game over..

I watched the Pinecrest and Lee game last Friday. (If you'll allow me to throw a stone in my glass house) I will say this is the most undisciplined Pinecrest team I've seen in a while. They got a good number of penalties, but are pretty sound in their skill positions and overall a good football team. Scots will need to find a way to stop number "0"... I think our offense can get it done, I'm just a little concern with our defense. Should be a good one at "The Pate", in the past 5 years this is probably the Scots best year to get it done.
If you think the Lee game was a lot of penalties you should have seen the Richmond game. The penalties will be under control this week. Points will be at a premium but in the end the Pat's will roll.

I watched the Pinecrest and Lee game last Friday
I was at the PC/Richmond game a few weeks back, didnt seem to be a ton of penalties but Richmond was in that game all night. If there qb could have made a play or 2 that could have easily been an L for the visitor. The weather was actually ok in Richmond that night unlike many other places. PC just didnt involve Melvin in the game much at all especially the 2nd half after a couple big plays in the first. Very much looking forward to this game, weather watch also in effect, some mumors of playing a day early.

Reactions: ScotlandAlumni99
Undisciplined is also a staple of a team coached by him, along with poor clock management, and lack of just simple understanding of game management.

Leading close games late and snapping the ball with 15 seconds left on the play clock, or calling a time out before punting in a close game where you might need the timeout later rather than just taking the penalty and saving it, or my personal favorite having to call a timeout right after a possession change or right after calling one because they don't have the right personal on the field or because they can't get lined up.

Scots win in Laurinburg by 2 Touchdowns. Scots take sole possession of first In conference. Pinecrest thinks they have arrived and are a state power.. They AINT!!

kinda quiet looks like all are taking a wait and see approach here, this matchup is just so good as we approach kickoff,,a very smart man told me yesterday that in a game with 2 very good offenses that the outcome will
come down to defense, his lean was Pinecrest,, "time will tell all"...
all we got is all we need........GO SCOTS..........

Reactions: ScotlandAlumni99
It would be amazing see 10k in Pate Stadium again. Since COVID, it’s been no where close to full. Need to get those old packed houses back. I would be surprised if it hits 8k Friday. I hope I’m wrong.

Scots win in Laurinburg by 2 Touchdowns. Scots take sole possession of first In conference. Pinecrest thinks they have arrived and are a state power.. They AINT!!
Don't know about state power but we are a conference power.

Don't forget WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT