ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball HS Baseball State Playoff Championship games

Just seen that Tuscola shocked West Henderson 7-2 in tonight’s game. Or was it a shock. How good is Tuscola. I personally didn’t see this one coming.
They split in the regular season with both teams winning the games when their ace was on the mound. Tonight Tuscola came out fired up and rowdy and got West off balance out of the gates and they never recovered. Absolutely mashed Manuel the first inning and he improved but never looked his best.
This win isn’t a shock. I’d say the two teams are pretty evenly matched. Tuscola is very sophomore and junior heavy. Those grades carry the team. If they come out with the confidence/swagger they did tonight, they will not go away quietly.

Great 3rd round game environment and crowd at West tonight.

Not really shocked seen west several times this year . Offense just didn’t have what they had last year . I taught they might make it one more round but just wasn’t meant to be.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I havent seen anything on Lake Norman Charter vs Oak Grove. I take it that the game got postponed as well. Edit… Just seen on twitter that this game got moved up to a 8pm start. If weather corporated that is.

Last edited:
East Rowan will play winner of Lake Charter vs Oak Grove game. I’m planning on Friday of going to see East Rowan play. Hopefully no rain for this Friday evening.

I havent seen anything on Lake Norman Charter vs Oak Grove. I take it that the game got postponed as well. Edit… Just seen on twitter that this game got moved up to a 8pm start. If weather corporated that is.
Where is the game?

Cherryville beats Draughn 8-2
Draughn opened up a 2-0 lead in the first and it stayed that way until the 4th when C-ville tied it. Then the Ironmen got three in each of the next two innings. The kid pitching for Cherryville got better as the night went on and was efficiently throwing strikes. Game was played at L-R’s baseball stadium, which is a nice facility.

That Reagan-NW Guilford game, softball field is above soccer field. If foul ball is hit, it can bounce down the hill and onto the soccer field. The soccer spectators would have their back to the softball field. Most sit at top of hill to watch game close to the softball field. Someone could get hit very easily. I've seen it happen 4 yrs ago. Soccer player on the sideline got hit in the back from foul ball that bounced down the hill.

That Reagan-NW Guilford game, softball field is above soccer field. If foul ball is hit, it can bounce down the hill and onto the soccer field. The soccer spectators would have their back to the softball field. Most sit at top of hill to watch game close to the softball field. Someone could get hit very easily. I've seen it happen 4 yrs ago. Soccer player on the sideline got hit in the back from foul ball that bounced down the hill.
the actual playing field is WAY down the hill...if spectators choose to sit on hill they are doing at there own risk....that is why there are bleachers to sit in a safe distance away

Reactions: notanyonesfan
West Forsyth 5
Reagan 0

Jack. Vest (ETSU Signee) pitched
2 hits
1 Walk
11 K’s

Game played at Wake Forest. Largest crowd I have seen at a HS other than a state championship. No HS in Forsyth county could have handle it.
West plays TC Roberson tomorrow night.

West Forsyth 5
Reagan 0

Jack. Vest (ETSU Signee) pitched
2 hits
1 Walk
11 K’s

Game played at Wake Forest. Largest crowd I have seen at a HS other than a state championship. No HS in Forsyth county could have handle it.
West plays TC Roberson tomorrow night.
How the heck does Reagan lose with all those studs?? I know ain’t bad by no means but still

Doesn’t foard have a mid 90’s arm?
That I’m not sure. I haven’t been keeping up with them. But apparently they must be good to make it this far. Their Solfball team did real good as well. But they got knocked out by Kings Mountain in the 4th rd.

Last edited:
Reactions: nwguilford007
The Tuscola at North Davidson game will be at 5pm this afternoon. Tune into listen online WPTL 101.7 FM or 920 AM or you can listen in on the Tuscola Sports App as well. Branson Reece and Kenny Mull on the call for the Tuscola Sports Network.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
At this point interesting to see that Alexander Central and East Rowan has both their baseball and solfball teams still in it. Foard had both Baseball and solfball teams make it to the 4th rd. but was eliminated. Then Kings Mountain baseball team made it to the 3rd rd. But their solfball team is still in. Best of luck to the ones still in it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT