ADVERTISEMENT

North Surry v Lincolnton

It's me, R. Trickle, that they're talking about and thanks for making us a Lincolnton @ North Surry thread. Usually, we post on the CVAC thread. There'll be some comments about this game on there, too. Also, It's good to hear from Grey-Green and Gold and egfan.
Honestly, don't think we've ever played North Surry in football. I'm thinking they're the basketball team that usually ends our season when we play them.

Actually, for being only an hour and a half away I've never been to Mt. Airy. I have been up I-77 going north. I'm hoping to get to come this game. It's been sometime since I was any more than an hour away from here, and I'm going to try and get there early so I can look around. A bad habit of mine as far back as I can remember is reading maps, and for what reason, I don't know. I've looked at Surry County many times and have seen the communities, Dobson, (Which I'm thinking is the county seat), Toast and Lowgap, which looks like it might be going up the mountain. I always had North Surry pictured as probably being tucked away up near the state line but after finding it on Google I learned it's in the Mt. Airy vicinity.

Well, enough about that. I know you're looking for information about. our team. Grey-Green and Gold is right, we have won some lately but one of the teams we beat is winless, another, East Burke, has won only one game but has had an incredible number of injuries which would have made a considerable difference. We defeated Newton-Conover by a point and they're a decent team but I think they have problems in the trenches. We also defeated Bandys which isn't a bad team.

A week ago from this past Friday we lost to Maiden in overtime, and they're a good team whom I believe could make some noise in the playoffs, but have a tough first round opponent in East Gaston, then last night we beat West Lincoln. It was only their (WL) second loss, and they are a good team, too. West and Maiden were really physical and I know our guys have to be sore.

The teams that beat us in-conference were Maiden as I mentioned and Bunker Hill (out of Claremont). BH is in my opinion a really good team that might could go deep into the playoffs.. Three of our five losses were to non-conference teams, East Lincoln, South point (out of Belmont) and North Lincoln. These games were not blowout losses, two were by a couple of scores and North Lincoln was by a point.

As for our guys, we have some speed and can pass but will run if we can. Sometimes I feel like we could impress you then other time you might think we are beating ourselves. Our quarterback usually takes the snap from the gun. He sometimes keeps it or will hand it off to a back who might be trying to sweep it around the corner. We have some size but not overly big on the line. Our offensive line try's hard as does our defense. Against Maiden we couldn't stop the run, but against West Lincoln we did pretty good. We average around a hundred yards passing, but not last night, I don't think it was close but did have some success against a tough West defense. Sometimes we are pretty fair at defending the pass but will pick up an interference call from time to time.

We have other Lincolnton posters besides me. They'll be by later in the week and some of the other CVAC posters along with some other posters from this area might stop by. You'll probably like them, they're good guys. There'll be other things about us that may or may not interest you. I'll add some more if I can think of something else. This is just a bit of an overview. We're a 5-5 team but not anyone to take lightly as are the Grey Hounds. Hope this helps. Thanks again for the thread.

@Lincolnton I'm here now 🤣🤣.. ok an honest assessment of lincolnton. They are a long winded group of people 🤣. Their quarterback is very Michael vick'ish. He will move around in the pocket trying to get your defense spread out and if it does he's very likely to zigzag through it for a touchdown or a big run. Is passing ability is okay but he tends to make mistakes or occasional interception. Now the receivers have speed and tend to find themselves open down field. I have a ring back that tends to run with power. Now here's something I will give them credit on.. if they get you where they need short yardage they line up in the straight t formation and they are very good at picking up three or four yards when they need it in that formation. Number 55 leads their defense but their defense can be Jekyll and Hyde in their play.

Good assessment AMD. I’m glad you said “a fan” and not “fans”. That guy has a son on the team and he is a passionate guy, but that was embarrassing and doesn’t represent all of us. As far as the Jekyll and Hyde thing, sometimes our kids look fired up, like at WL on Friday, and sometimes they don’t look too eager to play at all. The Wolves have a lot of talent, they just need to get motivated and play together.

Good assessment AMD. I’m glad you said “a fan” and not “fans”. That guy has a son on the team and he is a passionate guy, but that was embarrassing and doesn’t represent all of us. As far as the Jekyll and Hyde thing, sometimes our kids look fired up, like at WL on Friday, and sometimes they don’t look too eager to play at all. The Wolves have a lot of talent, they just need to get motivated and play together.
I actually found the situation amusing let's just say the guy shouldn't be throwing rocks or comments when he lives in a glass house 🤣🤣

@Lincolnton I'm here now 🤣🤣.. ok an honest assessment of lincolnton. They are a long winded group of people 🤣. Their quarterback is very Michael vick'ish. He will move around in the pocket trying to get your defense spread out and if it does he's very likely to zigzag through it for a touchdown or a big run. Is passing ability is okay but he tends to make mistakes or occasional interception. Now the receivers have speed and tend to find themselves open down field. I have a ring back that tends to run with power. Now here's something I will give them credit on.. if they get you where they need short yardage they line up in the straight t formation and they are very good at picking up three or four yards when they need it in that formation. Number 55 leads their defense but their defense can be Jekyll and Hyde in their play.
AMD, I appreciate the assessment, I really do, and I think the North Surry readers would appreciate it, too. As a loyal Lincolnton sort, I don' want to come off as a braggart about our positives, and I don't want the Lincolnton readers to think I'm being critical if I would mention our minuses so a more fair review could done by someone who is neutral.

Now, would you please stop about the man-just get past the man-as a forever Lincolnton resident I apologize for the man-give me a D@## break with the man.

Keep on, and I'm going to dig into the archives and show you some stuff that will suggest Maiden has "The Man", as well.

Oh yeah and if you beat them they have a fan that will stay over after the game hollering that y'all cheated and heckling your coach 🤣🤣
Well AMD, really ? You're from Maiden. It is absolutely impossible to have grown up there without being yelled at or insulted. It's like living in Lincolnton, well maybe not; Because of old age, the kind of car I have and my driving, I'll get yelled at and insulted this very day, maybe more than once. You're an insulter, yourself, probably one of the reason I like you. Let's have a pity party for AMD. Well stop.

Well AMD, really ? You're from Maiden. It is absolutely impossible to have grown up there without being yelled at or insulted. It's like living in Lincolnton, well maybe not; Because of old age, the kind of car I have and my driving, I'll get yelled at and insulted this very day, maybe more than once. You're an insulter, yourself, probably one of the reason I like you. Let's have a pity party for AMD. Well stop.
Lol I've said worse to our own former coach 🤣. They sent people to find me that night 🤣🤣

Lol I've said worse to our own former coach 🤣. They sent people to find me that night 🤣🤣
Just want to go up there and watch the game in peace, but I got this awfully bad feeling that before Friday night, the North Surry people will be wanting to put a beat down on me, because of something YOU said. I DON'T want to end up in the hospital, there. Frankly, I rather be in jail than in a hospital.

Just want to go up there and watch the game in peace, but I got this awfully bad feeling that before Friday night, the North Surry people will be wanting to put a beat down on me, because of something YOU said. I DON'T want to end up in the hospital, there. Frankly, I rather be in jail than in a hospital.
Be careful what you ask for, my friend. I suspect there are a few who would welcome you as a cell mate due to some long ago transgression. On their part, not yours.

North Surry is a tough group with some talent and really came together in the second half of the season. Surry County is very proud of them as well as East Surry. Both came a long way this year. North Surry might go a little farther in the playoffs but they are not yet a threat to go deep, I do not think.
Next weekend North, East and Mt Airy host playoff games, so tailgating might be your best eating option. Seating at North is good but Parking at North can be interesting sometimes so come a little early.

Directions are easy. Come up I-77, take exist 100, turn right and North is on your left about 5 or 6 miles toward Mt Airy.

It's me, R. Trickle, that they're talking about and thanks for making us a Lincolnton @ North Surry thread. Usually, we post on the CVAC thread. There'll be some comments about this game on there, too. Also, It's good to hear from Grey-Green and Gold and egfan.
Honestly, don't think we've ever played North Surry in football. I'm thinking they're the basketball team that usually ends our season when we play them.

Actually, for being only an hour and a half away I've never been to Mt. Airy. I have been up I-77 going north. I'm hoping to get to come this game. It's been sometime since I was any more than an hour away from here, and I'm going to try and get there early so I can look around. A bad habit of mine as far back as I can remember is reading maps, and for what reason, I don't know. I've looked at Surry County many times and have seen the communities, Dobson, (Which I'm thinking is the county seat), Toast and Lowgap, which looks like it might be going up the mountain. I always had North Surry pictured as probably being tucked away up near the state line but after finding it on Google I learned it's in the Mt. Airy vicinity.

Well, enough about that. I know you're looking for information about. our team. Grey-Green and Gold is right, we have won some lately but one of the teams we beat is winless, another, East Burke, has won only one game but has had an incredible number of injuries which would have made a considerable difference. We defeated Newton-Conover by a point and they're a decent team but I think they have problems in the trenches. We also defeated Bandys which isn't a bad team.

A week ago from this past Friday we lost to Maiden in overtime, and they're a good team whom I believe could make some noise in the playoffs, but have a tough first round opponent in East Gaston, then last night we beat West Lincoln. It was only their (WL) second loss, and they are a good team, too. West and Maiden were really physical and I know our guys have to be sore.

The teams that beat us in-conference were Maiden as I mentioned and Bunker Hill (out of Claremont). BH is in my opinion a really good team that might could go deep into the playoffs.. Three of our five losses were to non-conference teams, East Lincoln, South point (out of Belmont) and North Lincoln. These games were not blowout losses, two were by a couple of scores and North Lincoln was by a point.

As for our guys, we have some speed and can pass but will run if we can. Sometimes I feel like we could impress you then other time you might think we are beating ourselves. Our quarterback usually takes the snap from the gun. He sometimes keeps it or will hand it off to a back who might be trying to sweep it around the corner. We have some size but not overly big on the line. Our offensive line try's hard as does our defense. Against Maiden we couldn't stop the run, but against West Lincoln we did pretty good. We average around a hundred yards passing, but not last night, I don't think it was close but did have some success against a tough West defense. Sometimes we are pretty fair at defending the pass but will pick up an interference call from time to time.

We have other Lincolnton posters besides me. They'll be by later in the week and some of the other CVAC posters along with some other posters from this area might stop by. You'll probably like them, they're good guys. There'll be other things about us that may or may not interest you. I'll add some more if I can think of something else. This is just a bit of an overview. We're a 5-5 team but not anyone to take lightly as are the Grey Hounds. Hope this helps. Thanks again for the thread.
Now can we get a detailed North Surry breakdown from the their posters like the ones that you and AMD provided?

Now can we get a detailed North Surry breakdown from the their posters like the ones that you and AMD provided?
Let me take a stab at this North Surrey probably has a good size line with a power back that they try to beat down the other defense with and wear them out a quarterback who probably throws around 10 passes the game nothing risky high percentage passes. Sound defense that doesn't make a lot of mistakes. Probably decent quickness but no top end speed. Overall fundamentally sound football

Young Wolves playing hungry the last few weeks. Composure by kids and coaches both will be huge in scoring the upset this week at North Surry. This LHS roster is fast and athletic across the board. Very dangerous team when they put their head down and go to work. Excited to travel this week. May take up the recommendation for Odell's!

Trickle, thank you for starting a thread specifically for our matchup with the Hounds. To my knowledge this is the first time the Wolves have ever played the Hounds, it is always exciting to play a new opponent.

As for our Wolves, we are coming into Toast after an emotional victory over a county rival we have not defeated in a couple of years, in which I believe to be the most complete game our Wolves have played all season. We have played a fairly difficult schedule to date, hoping that it pays off for my Wolves.

After reviewing the Hounds schedule (with what little knowledge I have), you can expect a Mount Airy type of comparison from the Wolves athletically. We go as our Quarterback goes, but we do have the ability to utilize a variety of athletes in creative ways. Defensively we are on the smaller side, but you can expect speed, speed, and more speed.

In terms of places to dine, are there any suggestions? This will (hopefully) be my first trip to Mayberry. I am hoping that work does not interfere with my plans to travel. Anyways, it is always exciting when playing a new team. Go Wolves!

Trickle, thank you for starting a thread specifically for our matchup with the Hounds. To my knowledge this is the first time the Wolves have ever played the Hounds, it is always exciting to play a new opponent.

As for our Wolves, we are coming into Toast after an emotional victory over a county rival we have not defeated in a couple of years, in which I believe to be the most complete game our Wolves have played all season. We have played a fairly difficult schedule to date, hoping that it pays off for my Wolves.

After reviewing the Hounds schedule (with what little knowledge I have), you can expect a Mount Airy type of comparison from the Wolves athletically. We go as our Quarterback goes, but we do have the ability to utilize a variety of athletes in creative ways. Defensively we are on the smaller side, but you can expect speed, speed, and more speed.

In terms of places to dine, are there any suggestions? This will (hopefully) be my first trip to Mayberry. I am hoping that work does not interfere with my plans to travel. Anyways, it is always exciting when playing a new team. Go Wolves!
North Surry plays in the weakest 2A conference in NC. I predict the Hounds lose by at least 20.

Hopefully there’s a good reason, surely there is…but why did they wait until school started to kickoff construction? Make too much sense to do it during summer when campus is basically empty?
Putting in a new breezeway connecting the buildings. Don't know why it is being done now.

Reactions: Lincolnton
The last time I heard a prediction like that from Lincolnton was 2017 when our basketball team came down there in the 3rd round and won by 30 in a complete blowout.
Cool. Now can a NSHS poster tells us about your tough and talented football team? I am not taking your team for granted, but Lincolnton posters and followers have posted about our team. We did get a little bit from REWhitley which is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The last time I heard a prediction like that from Lincolnton was 2017 when our basketball team came down there in the 3rd round and won by 30 in a complete blowout.
Greydog, not that I'd forgot it but I wish you wouldn't have refreshed it. Was working and listened to it on the radio. Very frustrating game. Hope that doesn't happen Friday night.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Cool. Now can a NSHS poster tells us about your tough and talented football team? I am not taking your team for granted, but Lincolnton posters and followers have posted about our team. We did get a little bit from REWhitley which is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
LHSfaninVA, here are some highlights. I saw them on HSFN, and what you see here is a good bit of what to expect. Honestly, in the game against East Surry, they looked pretty good. Their QB McKnight IMO looked really good. You can tell he is smart and can lead.
He doesn't mind running or throwing deep to #1 Simmons, and I'm sure there are other receivers.

They have a workhorse back in #9, he too is Simmons. Here are some clips and highlights. The first one is South Stokes who didn't look to be able to play with them.
The second are highlights of the running back I mentioned who looks to be strong and fast. They have a good bit of speed and appear to be disciplined.

If we have an overall advantage we look a little faster, maybe, and they don't have many seniors, but we won a state title with juniors, once... If they have an advantage it might be on the line which is worrisome, and they don't make many mistakes.

* You might want to maximize these videos while watching. * FaninVA, on the second video click on J. Simmons highlights.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Love
Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT