ADVERTISEMENT

North Gaston Vacant

Can't blame him. He landed his dream scenario in Richmond Hill, Georgia. Family is there, thriving area, brand new school year after next (will be largest in Georgia, close to 4k kids), pay raise, and doesn't have to be the lead man.

• Wow
Reactions: beamer24 and egfan
My first job in North Carolina was at North Gaston back in 1998 under the one and only Mike Briggs. Tough place to win good luck to the next guy who gets the job

My first job in North Carolina was at North Gaston back in 1998 under the one and only Mike Briggs. Tough place to win good luck to the next guy who gets the job
Rothwell has provided a good foundation for someone. (5) wins last year after being winless the year before, first playoff appearance in 10 years and (3) conference wins last year were the most in 17 years.

According to another site North Gastons overall record is 173-380. The best years they have had were
1971 8-2
1972 8-1
1998 7-4
1999 7-4
2000 7-4
2006 10-4
2007 12-3
2013 6-6

At one time the coaching staff was
Mike Briggs
Bruce Clark
Brian Andrews
Kieth Fox
Jerry Jordan
Matt Rikard
Martin Samek
All who have been or are Head coaches

Last edited:
Assuming you are referring to AJ’s boy. He was beast when in Pop Warner in Stanley. And he’s had the motivation and leadership from AJ to continue to develop.
He has been killing it as a rb at his high school. Missed a trip with his family to go see him this past year but his numbers were really good.

I agree. I saw the staff on Facebook. Got some Cleveland County legends on that staff. It'll be interesting watching how it pans out.
Lance Camp was one of my favorite high school players to come through the county. He lit us up but you had to admire his game. He use to throw a beautiful deep ball. This past season’s Crest qb was almost a clone of Lance Camp. Glad to see him on staff.

Lance Camp was one of my favorite high school players to come through the county. He lit us up but you had to admire his game. He use to throw a beautiful deep ball. This past season’s Crest qb was almost a clone of Lance Camp. Glad to see him on staff.
Lance Camp's senior year team (maybe junior, I can't remember) should have won a state championship. They lost to NW Cabarrus ( I think) at home after being up by 20. Several boneheaded plays happened that game. We intercepted a ball in the endzone and tried to run it out. Fumbled on the 1, next play they scored. We muffed a punt inside the 10 yard line in the 4th quarter. They scored on that too. We were the better team, but didn't play smart enough.

Reactions: shutdownD24
Any chance of listing it here? I am not a Facebook guy, but am interested in the local teams and coaching staffs.
Luico Holland Co-offensive coor/qb
Trey Harbison Co-offensive coor/rb
Lance Camp wr/head jv
Eli Howard jv/assistant wr
Todd Norman o-line
Jabari Brewer linebackers
Jameal Moore dbs
Demitreas Antley jv/assistant lb
Tony Powell d-line
Mark Paun strength and conditioning

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts