ADVERTISEMENT

NCHSAA Gives Schools The Opportunity To Vote On Seven Classifications for Sports beginning with the 25-26 Season.

I think we all would agree that we want all students to get a good education. But without student motivation, discipline and accountability it can't happen.

So you're advocating for discrimination on the basis of disability?
Just look back and see is all I am saying. The rule pl94 was set up with good intentions but has been abused time and time again. Everyone has a 504, they have a lable OHI -other handicap . What the hell is that

Last edited:
Do you understand what is required for an IEP? Do you know the difference in a 504 and IEP? Do you know why a 504 may be beneficial to a student that may not qualify for IEP services?

Looks like Starting in June - NCHS Athlete can make $ of their name n likeness and such - Oh boy

Do you understand what is required for an IEP? Do you know the difference in a 504 and IEP? Do you know why a 504 may be beneficial to a student that may not qualify for IEP services?
Very true. Student may have sickle cell but no other problems. This may allow them to have access to water during an EOG because of their health condition. No reason for an IEP in that case. Another student may have a slight hearing issue. No need for an IEP but the 504 let's the teacher know that this student may need certain spot to sit so they can hear everything.

Has anybody ever thought about getting rid of the teachers that can’t seem to teach a kid how to get a passing grade
That's what teachers are forced to do--Teach kids how to get a passing grade and not teach kids subjects and content. We have created a generation of the dumbest 4.0 students I've ever encountered.

Reactions: KW23 and BK13T-$
Better teachers not union teachers

There isn't a teachers union. You offer a zero solution to a problem. Once again go look at job openings then look again in August. People aren't knocking down the door to teach because of the way they're treated now. But yeah lets fire a whole bunch and replace those while we try to replace the others that left because of the treatment of the profession.

If they are not good teachers what do we need them for
MBuild, please separate the fact that my title says moderator, I am strictly posting as a poster. Have you ever in your adult life spent anytime inside of a school. Especially an inner city school in any urban area? There is more parenting and discipline problems than you can even imagine. I know of kindergarten teachers being attacked, with no
support or discipline from administrators. There is drugs and gangs in every HS in the state, even in your schools. They may not be identified as a gang, but they are there. I used to witness bullying on a daily basis.

In a 20-21 school year NC average was 14.71 under qualified teacher per 100. So 15%, your question is why are they still employed. I believe there is over 5000 open positions in the state of NC. Wait till summer when more quit or retire. Anyway about year 16, NC teachers then realize they only have 9 more years till their next raise. That’s right year 15-24 no raises. That’s when a lot start looking for new job.

OBTW, if you are a teacher or a school employee, I do apologize.

We are going to need a lot more prisons when this generation of no discipline students raises a generation of no discipline kids
Now I agree with that statement, But by the time this generation of kids grow up the prison system will not be needed. They let half convicted criminals walk the streets now, all will be by then.

Well that's not saying much.

Who lets them walk the street?
Be honest now.

You know who sets the guidelines for sentences correct? And you know which party runs most counties in NC right?

You really need to educate yourself and stop listening to what you're told by clueless folks that just want you to be angry because you lack the ability to question the bs they're selling you.

• Wow
Reactions: BK13T-$
The GOP has had a strangehold on the state legislature since 2008 or 2010 with several sessions owning a super and veto proof majority. To blame both parties is simply not possible when one has controlled the legislature where those matters are decided.
Republicans took over the NC legislature after the 2010 elections, so they only started making policy in 2011. And the Dems only controlled all chambers of the legislature for 120 years before that. So, unless you think these problems somehow sprang up over the last decade or so I think there's plenty of blame to go around.

Reactions: BK13T-$
You know who sets the guidelines for sentences correct? And you know which party runs most counties in NC right?

You really need to educate yourself and stop listening to what you're told by clueless folks that just want you to be angry because you lack the ability to question the bs they're selling you.

So let me get this straight.
You are saying republicans not democrats are the one that are soft on crime.

I guess next you will tell me democrats are the ones tough on border control.

I sure don't lack the ability to question the bs are selling.

So let me get this straight.
You are saying republicans not democrats are the one that are soft on crime.

I guess next you will tell me democrats are the ones tough on border control.

I sure don't lack the ability to question the bs are selling.

I'm not saying anything about either party. I'm telling you to stop with the Fox News bs and learn how things work. Judges follow the guidelines they are given.

On a side note.

The NC voter ID law is final.
Bring ID to vote starting now.
Voter ID cannot be brought back up.
After five years the will of the people will be restored.

Redistricting is now allowed and the State courts will no longer hear lawsuit to election maps.

Felon voting is out now after democrats passed it a few years ago.

I've listen to the bathroom gang talk about republicans for weeks. I ask one question and you come out saying WE make everything about politics.
Back to football. Looks like we are at least going to go to more classifications
On a side note.

Redistricting is now allowed and the State courts will no longer hear lawsuit to election maps.

So is the state providing a voter ID Cards?????? If so what's the cost to the tax payers????? Can a college student use a college ID to vote??????, What constitutes as an ID for voting???? If not provided or explained what or why, then the minority is ruling for the majority. These practices are why we have voting map issue due to gerrymandering a real issue in NC . So this is not the will of the people. I say put the maps and voter ID to a referendum and let the state vote on these issues. That's how you get to the "will of the people"

Last edited:
On a side note.

Redistricting should not be done by elected officials by either party in charge.

Felons should be able to vote once they have served their time. No taxation without representation.

After they have finished all they owe, maybe.
Money, time, and any probation that was sentence to them. Then maybe if they go through the process.

The court said the state court will no longer hear suits challenging election maps because of claims of excessive partisanship.
Our constitution assigns the redistricting to the General assembly.

The SCOTUS ruled decades ago that felons voting rights could be taking away.

If they can take voting rights of felons, what stops them of taking voting rights of others? The constitution unfortunately is very vague on voting rights.

Reactions: Champ_24
The court said the state court will no longer hear suits challenging election maps because of claims of excessive partisanship.
Our constitution assigns the redistricting to the General assembly.

A constitutional amendment should be out on the ballot to change that but it won't because it's about power. The only reason voter ID, the right to hunt and fish, and whatever the other one was, were ever put on was to get people to the polls.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT