ADVERTISEMENT

NCHSAA Gives Schools The Opportunity To Vote On Seven Classifications for Sports beginning with the 25-26 Season.

Will not get enough votes to pass. The abstention = no needs to be changed or allow principals to designate someone knowledgeable (AD…) to vote in their stead.

Normally the people in charge don't return the votes from the schools so it won't pass anyway. Things will remain status quo.

Needs a strong AD to stay on top of principal’s, or it won’t happen
Thus the problem at many schools. Principals rarely care that much about athletics. At least in many places I've coached. Acadmics were #1, staying out of the news for something bad/lewd/ilegal was #2... Then everything else at school. I've been around some good, and some terrible spineless AD's over the years too. So you're completely accurate in that statement.

I think we will get at least 70% this time.

1a needs it bad.
800 playing 220 isn't fair.
That's almost 4x larger.
That's like 1,000 vs 4,000 percentage wise
I hope so too. 1A really needs to be split up into 1A and 1AA, and a new division for Charter schools! I know that second part won't happen but I really hope the 1st one does.

I'll say it again 1000.00 fine if your school does not send in a vote of yes or no.....simple...

They have stripped all the power of fines for schools for rules violations and not filling out paperwork in a timely matter, certainly no going to fine them for this.
But I don’t disagree with you.
There were issues with schools doing paperwork in a timely manner this school year as the potential fine going through the principal often sped up the submission.

Reactions: Sportsnut17
7 classifications is a must. There are only going to be more and more schools as unfettered growth of charter schools continue while turning your tax dollars into profit for policy makers 😁

Watering down?
You think teams should have to play teams 4x their enrollment?
It's always a fan from a big school that says that. Ok let's see your school vs 4x their enrollment. Not to mention half your playoff opponents getting to play by rules that create a big advantage.

I agree, NC has grown so much since we went to 4a that there is a huge difference in the amount of enrollment in schools. Especially in 1a and 4a, and even in the middle 2 classes to a certain extent. The new proposal helps to alleviate this problem. Also, helps bring NC online with other states as far as number of classes per population.

As far as 1a schools having to play opponents who have an unfair rules advantage, well, it wont help with that, and the General Assembly has made it pretty clear that they expect charter schools to be treated the same as traditional public schools.

I agree, NC has grown so much since we went to 4a that there is a huge difference in the amount of enrollment in schools. Especially in 1a and 4a, and even in the middle 2 classes to a certain extent. The new proposal helps to alleviate this problem. Also, helps bring NC online with other states as far as number of classes per population.

As far as 1a schools having to play opponents who have an unfair rules advantage, well, it wont help with that, and the General Assembly has made it pretty clear that they expect charter schools to be treated the same as traditional public schools.

The same? Heck they want special treatment for charters. Go read HB 219. If people cared about the school itself as much as they do the football team it would go along way to stopping this problem, but folks have gone to sleep in the fog of distractions put forth as states like NC work brick by brick to dismantle public schools in favor of the for profit discrimination factories.

The same? Heck they want special treatment for charters. Go read HB 219. If people cared about the school itself as much as they do the football team it would go along way to stopping this problem, but folks have gone to sleep in the fog of distractions put forth as states like NC work brick by brick to dismantle public schools in favor of the for profit discrimination factories.
Welcome to the General Assembly of North Carolina. It's pretty much since 2010 that NC has attacking public education. Now you do not have teachers, coaches, bus drivers, ect.

One of my republican friends says it's up to NCHSAA to make to rules for sports.

What's a good comeback I can use for that statement?

Show him the bill the NCGA passed last year to take some powers of the NCHSAA and pretty much allow them to let whoever they want run Athletics if they see fit in the future.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
I hope so too. 1A really needs to be split up into 1A and 1AA, and a new division for Charter schools! I know that second part won't happen but I really hope the 1st one does.
Classifications will be based solely on ADM. it will put the 1A schools with the Charters. This is all this vote is and will not be good for 1A in that regard.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
It would be great for 1a football and wrestling but not the other sports.

1a needs to be at least 75 teams and the other classes 57 or whatever it comes out to be.

SammyK or anyone else,

What do you think the travel situation will be like in 7A? I foresee long trips without split conferences?

Reactions: btango
PREACH! PREACH! PREACH! Charters, and Parochials participating with public schools is a sham. It further degrades public highschool education. Glad someone sees it as it is. Charter schools have benefits that public schools dont have,. The continual removal of high achieving students/families from public schools is going to leave a lifelong societal deficit.

PREACH! PREACH! PREACH! Charters, and Parochials participating with public schools is a sham. It further degrades public highschool education. Glad someone sees it as it is. Charter schools have benefits that public schools dont have,. The continual removal of high achieving students/families from public schools is going to leave a lifelong societal deficit.

People really have their head in the sand to what is happening right now with education. Too focused on the distractions they're fed. It's horrifying and we all will pay sooner rather than later.

Watering down?
You think teams should have to play teams 4x their enrollment?
It's always a fan from a big school that says that. Ok let's see your school vs 4x their enrollment. Not to mention half your playoff opponents getting to play by rules that create a big advantage.
I just think 7A is too much. I'd be fine with 5A or 6A no split divisions of course.

Once again!!!! Until the charter and “open enrollment” type of schools in the lower classes is addressed it is lipstick on a pig.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
At this point I think the only thing that will help 1A is to make it small (450)and remove any private schools. That would help Wrestling and football and other sports some.

At this point I think the only thing that will help 1A is to make it small (450)and remove any private schools. That would help Wrestling and football and other sports some.

Bishop and Christ the King are the only private school in 1A right now and they are just in because they are parochials.

Charters are public.

If the state would invest and fix the problems with public schools the charter issue could be fixed quickly. But they'd rather vilify public schools so they can push for profit charter schools. Follow the money. Look at the campaign contributions polticians that push charter schools get.

Here is my problem with Charter schools as far as athletics goes. In 1A or even 2A if I am say South Stokes a rural 1A school in Stokes county with very defined lines and I do have a small pool to draw from as far as athletics goes. Now lets say I am a Charter school in Greensboro that only has about 550 kids. But I have a much deeper pool to draw from to get my students. How in the hell does anyone see that as Ok? Charter schools are not the answer academically and they are causing and will continue to cause major problems for the foreseeable future. Guy look no need to get political on this sports board, but one party is blatantly attacking public education. They are using terms as groomers, pedos , extreme, influencers , indoctrination to vilify, public schools. It is also a $$$$ grab for profit entities to take tax dollars. Now back to the sports issue, are you happy if you are say in Belmont and a charter school takes 300 kids from your school, how are you feeling about that?????

Once again!!!! Until the charter and “open enrollment” type of schools in the lower classes is addressed it is lipstick on a pig.
Can you pay a tuition if you are a county kid and go to a city high school in NC.

Reactions: btango
Here is my problem with Charter schools as far as athletics goes. In 1A or even 2A if I am say South Stokes a rural 1A school in Stokes county with very defined lines and I do have a small pool to draw from as far as athletics goes. Now lets say I am a Charter school in Greensboro that only has about 550 kids. But I have a much deeper pool to draw from to get my students. How in the hell does anyone see that as Ok? Charter schools are not the answer academically and they are causing and will continue to cause major problems for the foreseeable future. Guy look no need to get political on this sports board, but one party is blatantly attacking public education. They are using terms as groomers, pedos , extreme, influencers , indoctrination to vilify, public schools. It is also a $$$$ grab for profit entities to take tax dollars. Now back to the sports issue, are you happy if you are say in Belmont and a charter school takes 300 kids from your school, how are you feeling about that?????

Glad someone gets it. I hope more people will wise up.

Reactions: AmosAlonzoStagg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT