ADVERTISEMENT

MVAC/NW/WPAC JV Scores Thread

Slasher Killer

Sep 23, 2010
Time for another tradition of my mine, the JV reporting thread.

If you go to a JV game tonight or any Thursday or know of a score feel free to report it. I'll do standings every week (even if it's hard to format,) so the kids can get their proper attention. Last year we had solid reports from the Northwest and WPAC but missed some in the MVAC which was disappointing. I hope we get every school covered this year and if I make an errors in reporting forgive me i just have max preps to help.

Games Tonight:

Surry Central at East Surry
Ashe County at North Surry
West Stokes at Rockingham County
South Stokes at East Wilkes
Mitchell at West Wilkes
Wilkes Central at North Iredell

Off (Due to Endowment: )

Mount Airy, Starmount, Elkin, Forbush, Alleghany, North Stokes, North Wilkes, Walkertown, WS Prep, Atkins

Last edited:
Yes your right NW. Ended up being a 41-20 North win.

The score is very deceptive it was 34-7 at halftime before we gave the youngin's time. Ashe played with a lot of heart and their JV QB was solid but they didn't have the depth #'s and size that we did. This was hands down our best JV opener I've seen in a long time for North. We played very hard and passionately. They are young but got good potential and I hope they keep at it.

Looking forward to the JV season.

West Stokes beat Rockingham County 36-24.

West was up 28-8 at the half before Rockingham came back and scored 16 points in the 4th.

Last edited:
According to Dudley's Twitter the JV game with them and Carver was cancelled they never gave a reason for it. Wonder what's up?

Week 2 finally brings a full slate of games for everyone on the JV side of things. Looking forward to seeing some scores reported tonight.

Tonight's Slate of Games:

West Stokes at Mount Airy
Starmount at East Surry
North Surry at Elkin
North Iredell at Forbush
North Wilkes at South Stokes
West Iredell at Wilkes Central
Watauga at Ashe County
Caroll County VA at Alleghany
Trinity at Bishop

Off:

Atkins, Carver, WS Prep, Walkertown, East Wilkes, Surry Central, North Stokes, West Wilkes

Week 2 finally brings a full slate of games for everyone on the JV side of things. Looking forward to seeing some scores reported tonight.

Tonight's Slate of Games:

West Stokes at Mount Airy
Starmount at East Surry
North Surry at Elkin
North Iredell at Forbush
North Wilkes at South Stokes
West Iredell at Wilkes Central
Watauga at Ashe County
Caroll County VA at Alleghany
Trinity at Bishop

Off:

Atkins, Carver, WS Prep, Walkertown, East Wilkes, Surry Central, North Stokes, West Wilkes
Walkertown could have had a game, not sure why they didn't play West Forsyth JV.

North Surry 40 Elkin 13

Not as solid as a game as last week but I was satisfied by the end. That's the most I recall us scoring on them on JV since I've been there at least, maybe of all the matchups on JV. Need to look it up

Elkin has a very athletic JV QB but not much weapons around him. Reminds me of Strickland but while he's not as tall he is as fast. If he can get any weapons around him they can do maybe something in the MVAC in a few years.

Looking forward to the rest of the season it will be very fun and wide open on JV in all three conferences from the way it looks.

West Iredell 28 Wilkes Central 26.

Central's supposed to have a solid freshman class this year and next so that must mean West's on an upswing. Good for them.

I saw the game completely different than that to be honest.

The difference in the game was in the trenches. Elkin didn't have anywhere to run the ball and no time to pass during the entire game.

North was much bigger and stronger, and more athletes overall as well which is to be expected.

The JV QB might be slightly above average athletically, on the long run there were at least 10 missed tackles, some kids had two tries at him. He gives you all he's got but he wouldn't be starting if not for a transfer out.

I think Elkin will win some games, maybe 4 or 5, provided they can block the defenses of conference foes.

Elkin's defense did pretty well against the run but in pass coverage receivers were wide open all night.

The North QB I think will be a really good one, nice poise and nice touch on the ball.

Reactions: Slasher Killer
Tonight's JV Games:

Mount Airy at Elkin
East Surry at North Surry
Surry Central at Wilkes Central
Forbush at North Wilkes
Bishop at Alleghany
West Stokes at North Iredell
South Stokes at North Stokes
Walkertown at RJR
Atkins at Glenn
Parkland at WS Prep?

Ashe, East Wilkes, West Wilkes are off

A full slate of action across the board this week as long as the weather holds up.

South Stokes and North Stokes postponed. Storms knocked out power at South.

East Surry over north surry 20-13 in a hard fought back and forth game. Outsized East Surry came from behind in the 4th quarter. On to West Stokes next week.

#GoBigRed
#WreckingCrew

Proud of my JV Hounds.

Had no clue what to expect tonight so I was surprised by how it all went. The boys played their hearts out we just ran out of time and breaks. For many of them it was their first big game experience so it was new to them but they got to get used to it. Hopefully this game will help build experience and expectations and not disappointments. Not thrilled we lost but I'd rather it'd be like this than loose by 30+.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the JV season these boys are fun to watch.

Anyways other info:

Wilkes/Surry Central was delayed until Monday at 6.
Atkins/Glen was delayed until September 23rd.

1st makeup game from last night:

Wilkes Central 44, Surry Central 6.

Still waiting on the North/South Stokes JV Score.

Tonight's Games:

North Surry at Mount Airy
East Surry at West Stokes
Elkin at Surry Central
Starmount at Forbush
North Stokes at East Wilkes
West Wilkes at Atkins
South Stokes at Alleghany
Parkland at Walkertown

Off is Wilkes Central, Ashe, WS Prep, and Bishop

Endowment and varsity only games galore this week. I'm still in need of the North/South Stokes JV score from Monday to keep my JV conference standings up to date. I'll have my first update about those this weekend. Wanted to get a few weeks in before I show 'em off.

JVs --North Surry -30- Mount Airy- 8 @ the Half
JVs --North Stokes - 0 - East Wilkes - 20 & thinking this is @ the Half

JVs --North Surry -30- Mount Airy- 8 @ the Half
JVs --North Stokes - 0 - East Wilkes - 20 & thinking this is @ the Half
East Surry -14- West Stokes -12 @ the Half

East Surry -20- West Stokes -18--4th Qtr
JVs --North Stokes - 6 - East Wilkes - 34 -- Final
JVs --North Surry -30- Mount Airy- 14--4th Qtr

JVs --South Stokes -20- Alleghany -0 --- Final
JVs --East Surry -20- West Stokes -18-- Final
JVs --North Surry -30- Mount Airy- 20-- Final

Last edited:
JVs-- W. Wilkes -20- Atkins 0 --- Final
JVs --South Stokes -20- Alleghany -0 --- Final
JVs --East Surry -20- West Stokes -18-- Final
JVs --North Surry -30- Mount Airy- 20-- Final

Reactions: Slasher Killer
Don't know if this is a final but Starmount was leading Forbush 31-12.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT