ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy at Eastern Randolph

Guys, I'm not going to lie. I'm still in complete shock over what transpired last night.

ER played a very appropriately named team cause it was definitely "Murphy's Law". Anything that could've gone wrong for the Cats did go wrong. It's as if a Murphy fan found an ER voodoo doll midway through the second quarter and started stabbing it relentlessly.

I think the Bulldogs heeded my advice because they played one hell of a game on the defensive end. Juan Allen and Kellen Rumfelt were spectacular last night. So was the Bulldog O-line. That sweep around the right side killed the Cats all night. Rumfelt did a number on the ER secondary. Murphy just flat out exploited all of ER's weaknesses.

ER just did not respond well. I don't know if they came in thinking this would be easy or what. The Cats waited until the second half to come out with any intensity. Midway through the third, they started getting really frustrated and losing their cool a bit.

Dang man......ER picked the last game of the season to play their worst game. Oh well, all in all still a great season. Conference champs, undefeated regular season, and # 1 overall seed. Not too bad. I just wish it wouldn't have ended in such nightmarish fashion.
I can't say I would have predicted what happened last night, but it sure was nice to see. There really wasn't any facet of the game that the Bulldogs didn't perform at their season best in. The offensive line was very impressive and 34/28/and 5 ran hard with great vision. Just superior effort.

The defense of the Bulldogs was biggest surprise for me. That ER offensive line was intimidating in stature. I think center was around 6' 7", 325. That being said, the Dogs were quick off the snap and in the backfield with regularity. The pressure on the QB forced three interceptions and the ground game was held in check for most part (that being said, #2 is a stud player).

Thankful for win and a chance to watch another game. ER fans were classy to us. That's appreciated. The Randleman and Providence? fans sitting on our side obviouslyiy hate ER. Nice having extra cheers for us though

I can't say I would have predicted what happened last night, but it sure was nice to see. There really wasn't any facet of the game that the Bulldogs didn't perform at their season best in. The offensive line was very impressive and 34/28/and 5 ran hard with great vision. Just superior effort.

The defense of the Bulldogs was biggest surprise for me. That ER offensive line was intimidating in stature. I think center was around 6' 7", 325. That being said, the Dogs were quick off the snap and in the backfield with regularity. The pressure on the QB forced three interceptions and the ground game was held in check for most part (that being said, #2 is a stud player).

Thankful for win and a chance to watch another game. ER fans were classy to us. That's appreciated. The Randleman and Providence? fans sitting on our side obviouslyiy hate ER. Nice having extra cheers for us though
Your son had a big part in that defensive effort last night, once he was regularly inserted into the lineup the defense has gotten incrementally better every week. Apart from two blown coverages in the early going, that was as good of a team defensive performance as you could hope for against an opponent with that kind of firepower offensively.

Last edited:
Your son had a big part in that defensive effort last night, once he was regularly inserted into the lineup the defense has gotten incrementally better every week. Apart from two blown coverages in the early going, that was as good of a team defensive performance as you could hope for against an opponent with that kind of firepower offensively.
Thank you.

Thanks and hats off to ER on a great season. It was just one of those nights, Murphy played its best game of the year.

I'm with you on #5 he is a ball player, he's good enough to play at some level beyond high school and I hope he'll get the chance. He's a senior but a really young one, just turned 17 in September, would've loved to had him another year lol.
Mt. Heritage can find a way to take him😀

• Haha
Reactions: Mhsneer and mbdfan
I remember a few years back heritage busting er in the mouth in similar fashion. Flatlanders don’t like to get hit in the mouth. It’s no secret what’s coming from us mountain boys. We will just line up and run it right down your throat.
What is considered a flatlander?

Basically everyone in the Piedmont is like charmin when the going gets tough I think is what we're trying to say delicately.

Reactions: thekidd12
I gave my definition on the other thread. Tarboro doesn’t play soft. The eastern and western parts of this state are very similar in socio-economic background.
And yet the majority of people who are fourth or fifth generation in Piedmont are exactly the same in background as rest of the state. Agriculture, and textiles in the 20th century, are what were the main forces behind families from Murphy to Manteo. Apparently a few people, not all, think that east of 85 and west of Raleigh is made up entirely of pampered technology driven Z gens.
The thousands of tobacco, cattle and chicken farmers that inhabit the area be damned. I included tobacco because my family, including me, raised it for four generations of family, until 2014 when companies cut everyone either out or barely in doing away with that “family “ farm. My brother ended up putting up what is now four layer houses as a result. I went cow route. All this done on hilly rocky land our father bought and paid for in 60s and 70s.
Got long winded but like I said in another post if you are judging the Piedmont on what is on 85 or 64 you need to take a right or left turn off and you might be surprised by what you find.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT