ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Airy vs Draughn Western 1A Finals

TD-FridayNight

Oct 28, 2015
Mayberry - RFD,NC
Who wins and by how much. ?
And will it be as clean a game as tonight ?
Very few penalties and no conflicts.
No one got mad and no pushing or shoving that I heard about.
Great clean game !
Should be a good Finals @ Mount Airy. Go Bears šŸ» šŸˆ !
This thread started at 11:30 pm 11/25/22

Last edited:
Which Mt Airy - Draughn game thread are we supposed to comment on?
friends-joey-tribbiani.gif

This thread started at 11:30
I don't know what BUss's problem is. I never attack him for supporting the BEARS but he has me several times last year than tonight. It doesn't bother me if he supports the BEARs as we both should stick together supporting them. I am old enough to be his daddy and was going to BEAR games before he was born. It has never bothered me for his support. We are pulling for the same team BUZZ, wakeup........

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Mountaineer
What's wild to me I've seen a lot of folks on here get into it with buzz so they got really turned off Mt Airy. So how bad must they not like Draughn now that they're pulling for Mt Airy?
I think he has a split personality. I thought he was being really nice this year and had changed. He is still a BEAR fan and I can't hold his ways against him. Any of us could leave this world any time now. If he wants all the attention then he can have it. I just want to support my BEARS as I have before he was born. I was supporting them in the 1968 & 2008 State Championships. Also the 1969 & 2009 runnerups.

Okay even before the playoffs I really thought Mt Airy would win the West as long as they didn't self imploded like last year with what I understand most of the same team. But after last night really not sure how this game will go.
I still think Draughn is vulnerable against the run between the tackles Andrews showed that in their last TD and I think the game might have been closer if not for the int on Andrews first drive in the second half but instead of it becoming a 20-20 or 21-20 game it became 28-14 and it took Andrews out of their game plan probably eating the clock and keeping Draughn's offense off the field.
But what surprised me while I thought Draughn without doubt had a good offense I didn't think they'd be able to move the ball on Andrews like they did against Mitchell who's D just wasn't playing very well but maybe it's more their offense than teams D.
So while I haven't seen Mt Airy just looking at their schedule I think they'll be able to score on Draughn but the question will be can their D stop Draughn's offense?
This game might come down to who gets the turnover and who plays mistake free football and has discipline if I was the Draughn coach I'd really harp on these stupid unsportsmanlike crap no show boating and keep your mouth shut you score a TD had the ball to the ref and celebrate with your team and the Mt Airy coach no melt down like last year and don't respond to Draughn if they still can't keep their mouths shut.

Sorry didn't mean to actually talk about the game lol.

Last edited:
The BEARS may hay 2 more weeks of playoffs. Buzz is always jealous if someone is noticed beside him. Last week someone else started a thread that said as his and not a word did he say, this week I started one first and he went ballistic. I think he has a split personality and I don't want any part of his antics. Fans should stick together. What's funny is a Bear fan attacking a Bear fan because he started a thread that BUZZ may have wanted to start. It's not worth getting wildman about ! WE ARE BEAR FANS AREN'T WE Buzz ?

The BEARS may hay 2 more weeks of playoffs. Buzz is always jealous if someone is noticed beside him. Last week someone else started a thread that said as his and not a word did he say, this week I started one first and he went ballistic. I think he has a split personality and I don't want any part of his antics. Fans should stick together. What's funny is a Bear fan attacking a Bear fan because he started a thread that BUZZ may have wanted to start. It's not worth getting wildman about ! WE ARE BEAR FANS AREN'T WE Buzz ?
Thought you moved on for the love of all that is holy!

Last edited:
Are y'all English teachers dang. Seen bunch of crap y'all spelled wrong. Typing on my phone not the best. But y'all plz keep being petty.

Are y'all English teachers dang. Seen bunch of crap y'all spelled wrong. Typing on my phone not the best. But y'all plz keep being petty.
Petty ? I started my thread and yours was started after a smart remark on mine. You then started yours at a little after 12:00 am and acted like someone stole your teddy bear and started bashing me. I did not start this and will not take your petty ramblings. Yes petty ! !

Jack, you just barely beat me to it. I just got home after spending a night in Asheboro. I can tell you this, the sun came up in Eastern Randolph, and life goes on for those great players, coaches and fans. It is time to take a deep breath shut the bickering up and talk about this tough opponent call Jimmy C. Draughn. It was a great night. We have enjoyed the victory, but I believe this thread is about the big game next week.

Very good seeing you too. The MA fans showed up. We were all loud and supporting the team. This Eastern Randolph team is very good, punched us pretty hard, put us down 10-0, and took the lead again at 17-14. They were well prepared and tough. The Bears haven't been handled like that in a while. However, the Bears had another gear and got after it after the fumble near md field and finished with a flare! Now, that game was fun, but let's have some more fun this year. Beating a good Draughn team is another challenge.

Purple1995, and others from Mitchell.
Is Draughn that good and has Mount Airy got an even chance with them?
MA is the team Mitchell faced last year but really focused and disciplined and a better team this year. Y'all played them twice this year and you should know their weaknesses.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT