ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell vs Mtn Heritage

I’m proud of my Cougars. Young team and they did put up a good fight. On the flip side this may be the game that wakes up or pulls Mitchell together and they make a run from here on out. I still say my sons senior year they don’t make the state championship if they didn’t lose to Mitchell. That was the game that woke them up and got them focused. They had cruised along until then.

I’m proud of my Cougars. Young team and they did put up a good fight. On the flip side this may be the game that wakes up or pulls Mitchell together and they make a run from here on out. I still say my sons senior year they don’t make the state championship if they didn’t lose to Mitchell. That was the game that woke them up and got them focused. They had cruised along until then.
I disagree with you, mit has major problems with their defense. Honestly heritage is way down thIs year, they gave mit all they wanted. Mitchell was lot better last year their front 7 were lot more athletic. Don't really care if mit Homer's get mad it's the truth.

I disagree with you, mit has major problems with their defense. Honestly heritage is way down thIs year, they gave mit all they wanted. Mitchell was lot better last year their front 7 were lot more athletic. Don't really care if mit Homer's get mad it's the truth.
No reason for this Homer to get mad. Can’t really disagree with the front 7 statement. It has been a long time since pretty much every team with a heartbeat was able to run on Mitchell like they have this year. Granted take Tarboro out of that they pound everyone on the ground. I did see a lot of different lineman playing earlier or even starting last night. Maybe Travise is trying to get their attention.

Don’t misunderstood what I am saying, I am proud of the young men who wear purple but man the D-line is getting pushed around. And has been mentioned here several times before, I (just my opinion) think Mitchell is missing that
headhunter linebacker That they normally have had the past several years. (Will use 95’s son as a perfect example).

Go Mountaineer

Hey Sam where do you wanna meet so I can get you those gloves for your son?

Old Mountaineer you really need to stop being so gullible. Freedom is on the West end of Burka county and Draughn is on the east end. 1 player would be a stretch but 7? You folks in the high country come up with some tells. Draughn was and is better than Mitchell. It happens. No reason to make excuses. Of course after this season I fully expect Mitchell to fall off the face of the earth like we have. Maybe we can fight over the cellar. Both Heritage and Draughn will be way better than all of us

He is looking really good for a young fella! It’s been fun. Reminds me of yesteryear

Reactions: Sammci
Old Mountaineer you really need to stop being so gullible. Freedom is on the West end of Burka county and Draughn is on the east end. 1 player would be a stretch but 7? You folks in the high country come up with some tells. Draughn was and is better than Mitchell. It happens. No reason to make excuses. Of course after this season I fully expect Mitchell to fall off the face of the earth like we have. Maybe we can fight over the cellar. Both Heritage and Draughn will be way better than all of us
Might be true for couple of years but Mitchell has another great group coming in about 3-5 years. We will be on top

Reactions: Purple1995
Like I said whether they did or not it wasn't a cut down and the man told hasn't been wrong yet with his info he is the one backed up some of info you were saying about Mitchell. Yes Draughn is a good team and I know they were young last year and I know Mitchell isn't the team they were last year but the Draughn I saw last year and this year is like night and day so it made since something else besides a year of growing happened but maybe that's all it is. Has nothing to with being gullible or excuses my comment is more about the big improvement of Draughn then how Mitchell is doing this year because even this years Mitchell team would have killed last year's Draughn team and if it's not true then fine I don't care I was just passing the information and seeing if anyone else heard the same thing and could verify it.

Reactions: Bill28714
Like I said whether they did or not it wasn't a cut down and the man told hasn't been wrong yet with his info he is the one backed up some of info you were saying about Mitchell. Yes Draughn is a good team and I know they were young last year and I know Mitchell isn't the team they were last year but the Draughn I saw last year and this year is like night and day so it made since something else besides a year of growing happened but maybe that's all it is. Has nothing to with being gullible or excuses my comment is more about the big improvement of Draughn then how Mitchell is doing this year because even this years Mitchell team would have killed last year's Draughn team and if it's not true then fine I don't care I was just passing the information and seeing if anyone else heard the same thing and could verify it.
It’s less than 30 minutes between Draughn and Freedom so it’s not a stretch at all. Pretty sure your source is correct.

7 players? That’s silly. Maybe 1-2 tops. Then Freedoms roster just blew up after losing 7? That would mean they increased roughly 20 players. It’s probably a wise tale

7 players? That’s silly. Maybe 1-2 tops. Then Freedoms roster just blew up after losing 7? That would mean they increased roughly 20 players. It’s probably a wise tale
I normally stay out of these things but…

Glad to learn you are the only one with inside sources. I will come to you only for any sports related info from I77 west. Thanks for you knowledge.

Cause regardless of what anyone else says you have the only correct answers.

Go Mountaineers

That’s just silly to think that 7 players transferred from 1 school to another 25 minutes away passing 2 other schools in between. Why didn’t 7 players go with the rb from Avery to Mitchell to jump on the hype train. I will say ole LR has been a good source of info

I normally stay out of these things but…

Glad to learn you are the only one with inside sources. I will come to you only for any sports related info from I77 west. Thanks for you knowledge.

Cause regardless of what anyone else says you have the only correct answers.

Go Mountaineers
Great advice! Glad I am not the only one who sees this. Not worth the energy for my fat fingers to respond.

Great advice! Glad I am not the only one who sees this. Not worth the energy for my fat fingers to respond.
Owen used to be a darn good team and would best Mitchell and MH about every year. Since Ford left they are 0-8 against both teams. Imagine this is why he focuses on Mitchell and trying to tear them down. Had Owen played Mitchell’s schedule good chance they would be 1-7 at best. Watauga and Andrews and Vaughn are very good teams.

Learned something tonight I didn't know about Draughn. I just figured that they got older and better though a big leap from last year but found out tonight that one thing that really helped was 7 transfers from Freedom.

Not entirely true Old Mountaineer...Only one kid left FHS last year and went to Draughn....The Lineman, Becerra. I've been to almost every Freedom home game for the last 10 years. The last couple I've been paying attention to this Draughn team a little more and catching them when Freedom is away. Coach Powell is a Burke County guy and love to see success from former products.

Others who have left FHS have been there for multiple years. Last year Draughn was heavy Juniors and Sophomores with several season ending injuries early from what I recall.

Last edited:
That’s just silly to think that 7 players transferred from 1 school to another 25 minutes away passing 2 other schools in between. Why didn’t 7 players go with the rb from Avery to Mitchell to jump on the hype train. I will say ole LR has been a good source of info
Transfers happen often in Burke County...Freedom Basketball excelled for many years (including state championships) with transfers from other schools in county. But btw...there is only one school between Freedom and Draughn (Patton).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT