ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell at Robbinsville

Lol , prep dang nearly beat robbinsville at home , east surry would cruise over them this year , your making yourself look dumb .
Cause East Surry is world beaters right? Keep rolling with your 2 good seasons. They’ll never catch The-Ville in championships.

Cause East Surry is world beaters right? Keep rolling with your 2 good seasons. They’ll never catch The-Ville in championships.
Nobody said they were world beaters or would catch the ville, but just except the fact that for the past couple years, East Surry has been the better team. Quit spinning the Prep game to fit your narrative. Everything they do, Easy Surry does at a much higher level and has a really good defense on top of that.

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
Nobody said they were world beaters or would catch the ville, but just except the fact that for the past couple years, East Surry has been the better team. Quit spinning the Prep game to fit your narrative. Everything they do, Easy Surry does at a much higher level and has a really good defense on top of that.
I’m not spinning any game. You don’t know how East Surry would do against Robbinsville. We don’t know how good Robbinsville would do against East Surry. The game won’t be played. Just gonna throw this out there. There are a lot of teams like East Surry that would be humbled by a SMC team.

Robbinsville > least Surry
At Robbinsville you always win, travel 4 hrs to East Surry and play their refs trust me we were there last year East had best qb I ever saw in hs football your QB is a great back but Boaz could throw 60 yds on the money not to mention he was 6 foot 9 240 that team was unreal I honestly cant believe we kept it close

At Robbinsville you always win, travel 4 hrs to East Surry and play their refs trust me we were there last year East had best qb I ever saw in hs football your QB is a great back but Boaz could throw 60 yds on the money not to mention he was 6 foot 9 240 that team was unreal I honestly cant believe we kept it close
I would honestly take any refs in the state other than the SMC refs we have been delt this year..its like trying to play football with a bunch of kids as the refs..worst I have ever seen

Last edited:
Least Surry couldn't take the licks..they would be done in less than a qrt
Assuming that East Surry isn’t a physical team would be your first and last mistake. Now I know all of y’all that are at a elevation above Morganton think your physicality is at another level and all us “flat landers” just don’t understand. No we do understand, we understand that you guys have a great tradition and live for Friday night lights in your small towns. We also understand that you are delusional when it comes to thinking your brand of ball is a brand that a team out of the mountains can’t match. I have respect for any and all for what you have done in the past but it is absolutely amusing to me the close mindedness of thinking the upper echelon of teams No matter where they are from can’t match your physicality. Good luck to the knights and the Bulldogs and I hope one of you bring it back to the West.

Reactions: Tony1038
Yeah when we got up by 14, thought it was over. I feel like East should have kept throwing instead of running the ball to extend the lead further. Y'all were resilient and fought back, hats off. Boaz's deep ball was lethal, then with that speed on the other end of it. Mitchell couldn't stop it, just controlled it almost perfectly. I would never have run it lol

I would honestly take any refs in the state other than the SMC refs we gave been delt this year..its like trying to play football with a bunch of kids as the refs..worst I have ever seen
Officiating across the board has been bad this season. Sometimes they just get incredibly flag happy for the heck of it, then turn around and forget they even have one to throw. I just don't understand what they're doing sometimes.

So this tony guy is downplaying Robbinsville because we only beat wsp by 2.

Funny I havent heard him mention the 7 point win by East Surry over Mt airy.

maxpreps state rank
Mt airy 157th
WSP 166th

So this tony guy is downplaying Robbinsville because we only beat wsp by 2.

Funny I havent heard him mention the 7 point win by East Surry over Mt airy.

maxpreps state rank
Mt airy 157th
WSP 166th
Mt Airy also beat Prep easily but I didn't mention that either. You need to get off high school rankings, they ultimately don't mean anything. You see teams all the time that are completely over or under ranked. I'm not trying to downplay Robbinsville, but some of you need a little perspective now and again. Just because you have a good team doesn't always necessarily mean you have the best team, even for SMC teams.

Mt Airy also beat Prep easily but I didn't mention that either. You need to get off high school rankings, they ultimately don't mean anything. You see teams all the time that are completely over or under ranked. I'm not trying to downplay Robbinsville, but some of you need a little perspective now and again. Just because you have a good team doesn't always necessarily mean you have the best team, even for SMC teams.
Take a bit of your own advice. 90% of East Surry thinks they have the best football program in the state and could beat anyone. I will say that last year they had a great team. This year. A step down. Still good but not great. Like I previously stated, we will never know. You can’t line up and play this game. Teams like East Surry stand a huge chance of being brought back down to earth if they play a team like Robbinsville or Murphy. You can’t take 1 game and make a comparison. It don’t work like that. On paper, Mitchell scared me to death. But I knew when we line up and played the game, it would be a different story.

I'm not in that 90%. We're good but not unbeatable. Last I checked they don't give points for coaching ability, injuries or class rankings. At the end of the night you just have to be 1 point better than the other cats on the other sideline. I've said before I wished we could play tougher teams. That's the only way you can get better.
Be thankful your boys are still playing just like I am. Al Bundy's alma mater Polk High ain't gonna be a cake walk. I was there the last time we played Polk County, we were the #1 seed and they were the #16. Beat us 16-14 if I'm not mistaken. They called a time out with a fraction of a second left and the kicker nailed a 40+ yrd field goal to win it.
I apologize for some of the other East Surry posters for their braggadocious posts. I try not to write checks my boys will have to cash on the field. They are kids and I feel that they represent our community very well. Some of us adults could take a lesson from them.

Go Big Red
#27Forever

Take a bit of your own advice. 90% of East Surry thinks they have the best football program in the state and could beat anyone. I will say that last year they had a great team. This year. A step down. Still good but not great. Like I previously stated, we will never know. You can’t line up and play this game. Teams like East Surry stand a huge chance of being brought back down to earth if they play a team like Robbinsville or Murphy. You can’t take 1 game and make a comparison. It don’t work like that. On paper, Mitchell scared me to death. But I knew when we line up and played the game, it would be a different story.
Nobody ever said that they have the best program in the state. You're honestly just making stuff up to push a narrative. You and other SMC posters are just as guilty as you accuse others of being.

Nobody ever said that they have the best program in the state. You're honestly just making stuff up to push a narrative. You and other SMC posters are just as guilty as you accuse others of being.
Dude. Many of the posters on here have the big head from East Surry. Don’t even act like they don’t. It’s not pushing a narrative when it’s true. Put your big boy britches on and tell them to schedule a game with a top SMC team. You are using 1 game to try and compare two teams.

he's right about ranking just look no further than Thomas Jefferson always way over ranked

Dude. Many of the posters on here have the big head from East Surry. Don’t even act like they don’t. It’s not pushing a narrative when it’s true. Put your big boy britches on and tell them to schedule a game with a top SMC team. You are using 1 game to try and compare two teams.
I think we did put our big boy britches on and went well above a top SMC team and scheduled Reidsville the last 2 years and also North Davidson this year. Might want to take your advice on that one and schedule a game out of your comfort zone

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$ and KW23
We are very isolated but we recently have played Country Day, Christ School, 3a Erwin, Rabun County GA, and I heard Asheville next year.

Reactions: Mhsneer
I think we did put our big boy britches on and went well above a top SMC team and scheduled Reidsville the last 2 years and also North Davidson this year. Might want to take your advice on that one and schedule a game out of your comfort zone
You’ve got an excuse for everything don’t you? Robbinsville would beat East Surry’ eyes shut.

You’ve got an excuse for everything don’t you? Robbinsville would beat East Surry’ eyes shut.
No excuses just facts. But if makes you feel better, keep believing that. Robbinsville lucky they're in 1A this year where they can play another team with no pulse on the East side of the bracket.

No excuses just facts. But if makes you feel better, keep believing that. Robbinsville lucky they're in 1A this year where they can play another team with no pulse on the East side of the bracket.
We have no choice but to be in 1A you DA

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT