ADVERTISEMENT

MAC confernece picks...

I'll be there. It'll be packed. I work with a lot of people from Hendersonville they games been postponed and will attend tonight

I'll be there. It'll be packed. I work with a lot of people from Hendersonville they games been postponed and will attend tonight
No doubt there will be a big crowd tonight BUT I think if it's raining about 6:30 it could deter some people who were on the fence

For any Asheville fan attending the game tonight, I imagine it would be hard to gauge how good the Reynolds defense will be seeing how Erwin throws 95 percent of the time and we run 95 percent of the time.

Not this year. It is closer to 70% pass, 30% run for Erwin. I would say if this weather holds up it will be a lot less on the passing side.

If you can't make it out there tonight be sure you tune in to rocketssportsnetwork.com
Pre-game coverage starts at 7:15. Kickoff at 7:30. Go get 'em fellas!

Thanks for the link Rocket Pride. I'm old and fat and don't like sitting in the rain so I'll probably listen to the game at your link. Good luck to both teams!.....and tell Coach Laws not to give it away in the last 2 minutes like usual. lol ;)

Thanks for the link Rocket Pride. I'm old and fat and don't like sitting in the rain so I'll probably listen to the game at your link. Good luck to both teams!.....and tell Coach Laws not to give it away in the last 2 minutes like usual. lol ;)

Wuss....:D

I am a moron. I just realized I spelled conference wrong in the title of this thread! I am surprised none of you fools on here called me on that one. It's that damn Erwin education shining through...Haha

Reynolds 21 Erwin 6 at half. The Warriors are so flat on offense. Rico Dowdle is amazing. I have never seen a team more dependent on one guy. You can't stop him

Can't believe they've had 3 turnovers....or is it 4 now? Man, Erwin needs to turn it up. Listening to it on the radio it sounds a lot closer than it is.

Reynolds 21 Erwin 6 at half. The Warriors are so flat on offense. Rico Dowdle is amazing. I have never seen a team more dependent on one guy. You can't stop him
Give acr credit Half of that is Reynolds D. Acr dominating this game even with what 4 TOs?

Erwin woke up finally. Damien is playing very uncharacteristic tonight. He threw terrible interceptions that he never does. Both teams have a bunch of turnovers.

Well mickey the ref just showed up and called two touchdowns for Erwin back that would have made it a 2 point game. I was waiting on that. Guess he waited till the 4th qtr to show up

Gotta love Mickey:) when will he relenquish his whistle? Not soon enough I know.

Nice win considering we had 19 penalties for 182 yards and 5 turnovers.....glad that one is over!

Gotta love Mickey:) when will he relenquish his whistle? Not soon enough I know.

The guy never fails to amaze me. With that said congrats to Reynolds on the win. You guys have a good team and Rico is unreal. I'm really glad he is a senior. If he stays healthy Reynolds could go far this year.

Erwin had 8 penalties for 87 yards based on the radio stats. It was ugly for both teams, just glad that is over. Hope we don't meet again....

Not sure what to think after that one. Both teams' defenses held up better than I thought they would. Was surprised to see Dowdle still getting carries that late.

He played 3 and half quarters vs us in a 49-7 game. Heck all the starters did.

Owen you were the 3rd game EVER for Rico at QB at the high school level, he was trying to gain experience, it's not always about embarrassing the other team sometimes it's about making your team and player better for the future.

I don't think Reynolds was trying to run it up or anything like that at the end, I was just talking about his safety when the game is in hand.

He got tackled by Owen. Don't kid yourself. Anyway, it doesn't have to take a hit to get hurt anyway.

He got tackled by Owen. Don't kid yourself. Anyway, it doesn't have to take a hit to get hurt anyway.
He had a total of 7 carries against Owen, and scored 3 TDs, so yeah Owen did tackle him 4 times. Also just a heads up he played one series in the 3rd and was pulled. He didn't play 3 and a half quarters.

He did play 3 and half quarters. But who cares. He didn't get hurt but play with fire enough and you get burned.

Imo flags was right and about even, the one TD called back from Erwin well you can't throw the ball 3 yards beyond the LOS. But other than that acr D was lights out. #95 is a straight out baller.

Reactions: GG4BAMA
The guy never fails to amaze me. With that said congrats to Reynolds on the win. You guys have a good team and Rico is unreal. I'm really glad he is a senior. If he stays healthy Reynolds could go far this year.

Mickey didn't make the call on either penalty bringing the td's back. white hat called both holding and illegal pass. i don't think mickey threw a single flag against erwin but about 5 against acr

Reactions: GG4BAMA
Most flags tonight appeared to be legit. There was a pass interference called early on against ACR that probably shouldn't have been thrown, but there was a lot of holding and blocks in the back going on, which will happen when a guy like Rico is back there running around. I know when Garrett played it seemed to happen to us a lot too. Reynolds needs to cut back on all the jawing during and after plays. You never know from one week to the next what crew you will get, but they were quick to throw the flag on it tonight. There was a lot of boneheaded plays that kept Erwin in the game both penalty wise and the kickoff where Reynolds just watched us get the ball. The defense really misses the 3 guys on college rosters this year, but if we get back #42 i think it will help. If we take care of business the next 4 weeks and build some confidence, we may have a chance against Asheville.

Anyway, I'll take the win and tell Erwin to keep your heads up. You guys will be fine. Good luck the rest of the way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT