ADVERTISEMENT

Langston Hughes vs Butler 9/2

Hales hit them with his Buck Sweep series and ran variations off it just like the old days. Butler ultimately was more physical up front particularly in the first half. Great win.

Butler really controlled this game. In many ways it could have been a more comfortable margin. The defense played a great game intercepting Air four times. They got gassed in the second half but they found a way.

Offensively Lawrence played a measured game and didn’t take too many risks. When he doesn’t turn the ball over multiple times I like Butler’s chances against anybody. I felt Butler tried to not lose the game rather than putting them away.

Mallard Creek in a close loss and Butler today really showed NC can play great football too.

Has 2023 turned into a twilight zone year.
Mallard Creek plays Buford close. Butler beats Langston Hughes. West Charlotte beats Independence, Crest beats Gaffney. Dutch Fork is 0-3. What’s else will we see before the season ends.

Mallard Creek plays Buford close. Butler beats Langston Hughes. West Charlotte beats Independence, Crest beats Gaffney. Dutch Fork is 0-3. What’s else will we see before the season ends.
I love the tough non conference schedules, made for some great games.

I know Butler players and fans has to be proud of this win. This was huge.
Butler really haven’t tested themselves out of state. Besides some scrimmages this is Butler’s third team they played from another state. Oceanside (SC) and St Johns (DC) which they were 1-1 against. It’s nice to see them do what Mallard Creek and Chambers have been doing. The 2009 Butler team was a top five nationally ranked team in many polls. I would’ve loved to see them compete with other nationally ranked teams.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
It appears like that but aint so IMHO. MC is really good. Really really good. When they beat state champ Gaffney last year it wasnt a surprise. Butler is very good. West Charlotte is very very good and also beat Indy 2 years ago at Indy by double figures. Also beat Monroe by double figures. If WC was still 4A theyd be top 10 in the state. Crest is very very very good. Returned a bunch of starters. WC and Crest are the top 2 3A schools in the WEST IMHO.

Biggest surprise is DF 0-3. But when u look at their schedule and factor in injuries 0-3 is very reasonable.

Year over year NC football is great and better than folks give it credit for. Great coaching and excellent talent in NC and its only getting better. The Charlotte, Cleveland County, and triad Area are probably in the 10 best football areas in the SE easily. Charlotte football at the top is scary good this year.

I love the tough non conference schedules, made for some great games.
This is what Grimsley is missing. They have a lightweight schedule (some of that is due to the conference they're in), then get home games in playoffs. East Forsyth and Grimsley both have the same method. That's how they end up with playoff home games all the way through and the teams thay play tough schedules have to travel to them. But, it is what it is.

When Page was up nine or ten years ago they scheduled Butler for a few years. Butler used to have Tabor as well. Hopefully Grimsley will schedule some tougher teams in the future.

Reactions: mrhonda
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT