ADVERTISEMENT

Hough at Grimsley - 4th Round

He didn't kick every kickoff into the endzone. I watched 4 returns at a minimum. On 4th down Grimsley throws a pass for a touchdown into the corner. My point is being satisfied with 3 points will get your team into trouble in the playoffs. I'm just sick of all the Charlotte centric people here. Outside of Weddington Charlotte is done in the playoffs. DONE! Win or Die no extra points for looking inpressive.
Not Charlotte centric 😂. Look at the thread title -- Hough at Grimsley. Grimsley has a good team. That's why they're still in the playoffs. They won 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not Charlotte centric 😂. Look at the thread title -- Hough at Grimsley. Grimsley has a good team. That's why they're still in the playoffs. They won 🤷🏻‍♂️
I love competitive high school football and I don't talk trash before games. But after the game the crow will be served steaming hot to those who are deserving. People talking the most trash probably never played football.

According to what I've read, sponsors support various programs in NC. If so, who are they? Has any program ever lost their sponsor?

He didn't kick every kickoff into the endzone. I watched 4 returns at a minimum. On 4th down Grimsley throws a pass for a touchdown into the corner. My point is being satisfied with 3 points will get your team into trouble in the playoffs. I'm just sick of all the Charlotte centric people here. Outside of Weddington Charlotte is done in the playoffs. DONE! Win or Die no extra points for looking inpressive.
I don't recall anyone saying anything about being satisfied with 3 points. You didn't really make a point, seems like you're upset with people you believe are from Charlotte. A great kicking game is Universal, has nothing to do with Charlotte guys, although you're assuming everyone who feels that way, must be from Charlotte. That's not factual. Kicker had 6 kickoffs with 3 TB's

I love competitive high school football and I don't talk trash before games. But after the game the crow will be served steaming hot to those who are deserving. People talking the most trash probably never played football.
I have no idea what you're getting at here.

You like serving up steaming hot crow after the game to people who deserve it, and people talking the most trash probably never played football. That's a different approach.

Is there a large contingency of Hough fans on here talking trash 😂? If anything, there might be a little bit of mutual respect between Chambers and Mallard Creek. They're right down the road from each other. You got the overlap with Wiggins. One of the better players for Chambers this year was actually at Creek as a freshman. Still a rivalry though. Overall, there's too much sensitivity when it comes to some posters and anything Charlotte imo. 4A was more wide open this year. No slight at all towards Grimsley if not everyone picked them to win it all.

Last edited:
Personally, I didn't know what to expect in this one. Hough was a bit more battle tested, but everyone knows they're capable of laying an egg. Grimsley's offense looked electric, but their defense was a question mark. Gun to my head, l probably would've picked Hough. But I damn sure wouldn't have talked trash 😂. And I would've been wrong. Close, hard-fought game. Grimsley earned it. Hopefully we get a couple more good games like this one.

Is there a large contingency of Hough fans on here talking trash 😂? If anything, there might be a little bit of a mutual respect between Chambers and Mallard Creek. You got the overlap with Wiggins. One of the better players for Chambers this year was actually at Creek as a freshman. But overall there's too much sensitivity when it comes to anything Charlotte imo. 4A was more wide open this year. No slight at all towards Grimsley if not everyone picked them to win it all.
I have a lot of respect for Chambers and MC. One of those iron sharpens iron kinda things. I think Chambers social media is a little cringe at times, but love competing against them.

This is an internet message board after all. No jobs at stake with missed predictions. It would be kinda boring if the different fan bases just wished each other the best of luck.

I have a lot of respect for Chambers and MC. One of those iron sharpens iron kinda things. I think Chambers social media is a little cringe at times, but love competing against them.

This is an internet message board after all. No jobs at stake with missed predictions. It would be kinda boring if the different fan bases just wished each other the best of luck.
Exactly! Part of what makes it fun!

Reactions: nepsy7
What exactly is your problem??

• Haha
Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Grimsley also muffed a punt leading to a score. One of the missed field goals was long even for wonder kicker. Depending on FG's is a deeply flawed game plan in the playoffs.
I hear ya, but kicker is solid, 5 star if I'm not mistaken. Kid knows how to put the ball between the uprights, he's definitely going doing that for someone on Saturdays on TV. It was a bad hold, you could tell by the trajectory of the ball. Man get your points however you can. I'm surprised Grimsley's lack of kicking game (FG and punting) didn't get them in trouble more all season.

Kicker will be back next year too. Punter is gone. They'll lose a lot of production on offense. Line should be better, of course it should've been better this year. Best LB is a junior. Secondary has the potential to be really good.
with a 4 star Frosh DB!!! Um yeah

I hear ya, but kicker is solid, 5 star if I'm not mistaken. Kid knows how to put the ball between the uprights, he's definitely going doing that for someone on Saturdays on TV. It was a bad hold, you could tell by the trajectory of the ball. Man get your points however you can. I'm surprised Grimsley's lack of kicking game (FG and punting) didn't get them in trouble more all season.
Along with their defense.

He actually just committed to Clemson.

I agree, sit down Charlotte

Reactions: GSO-Triple5
I'm attempting to understand why Weddington High School is claimed and mentioned in the Charlotte word itself. Weddington high school is also 45mins away from Charlotte. Nowhere close...

Weddington High School is located in Matthews, North Carolina, which is in Union County. Charlotte belongs in Mecklenburg County, which Union County is located outside of. Weddington High School is located four miles outside the boundaries of Mecklenburg County. This school would be regarded as a Mecklenburg County school, which it is not, since it is not in the Charlotte metropolitan area.

Would it be accurate to state that Mallard Creek is the only Weddington-area team left?

I'm attempting to understand why Weddington High School is claimed and mentioned in the Charlotte word itself. Weddington high school is also 45mins away from Charlotte. Nowhere close...

Weddington High School is located in Matthews, North Carolina, which is in Union County. Charlotte belongs in Mecklenburg County, which Union County is located outside of. Weddington High School is located four miles outside the boundaries of Mecklenburg County. This school would be regarded as a Mecklenburg County school, which it is not, since it is not in the Charlotte metropolitan area.

Would it be accurate to state that Mallard Creek is the only Weddington-area team left?
It's closer than Mooresville and Lake Norman which used to be included in Charlotte Conferences, and it's about the same distance as Hough from Uptown Charlotte. Although people throw in Weddington as a Charlotte schools, or suburbs. I've personally never looked at it as a Charlotte school. I guess it depends on who you're talking to. Looking forward to the game. Hopefully it's a good one.

Reactions: dw4444

What would you consider Hough? Its in Meck County but further away from Charlotte than Weddington HS.

Weddington is not 45 mins from Charlotte.

Reactions: nepsy7

Weddington is in Union County. Union County is included in the Charlotte-Concord-Gastonia, NC-SC Metropolitan Statistical Area. That's why Weddington, along with Porter Ridge is considered part of the Charlotte area.

What would you consider Hough? Its in Meck County but further away from Charlotte than Weddington HS.

Weddington is not 45 mins from Charlotte.
23mi = 45mins
I'm going to start claiming Disney World so people can believe that I live in the Miami, FL area
Weddington is in Union County. Union County is included in the Charlotte-Concord-Gastonia, NC-SC Metropolitan Statistical Area. That's why Weddington, along with Porter Ridge is considered part of the Charlotte area.
Just claim North Carolina and tell Christopher Columbus of the current changes.

Weddington, NC is a Charlotte Suburb and the High school is considered a "Charlotte area" school. Hough as well. Also Weddington High School is 3.9 miles to the closest Charlotte City Limit line on Providence Rd/NC-16, which is an 8 minute drive..... Not sure where you are getting 45 minutes from..........

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Rutledge

Weddington is 20 minutes from Ballantyne in traffic right now. It's in the Charlotte metro.

Weddington, NC is a Charlotte Suburb and the High school is considered a "Charlotte area" school. Hough as well. Also Weddington High School is 3.9 miles to the closest Charlotte City Limit line on Providence Rd/NC-16, which is an 8 minute drive..... Not sure where you are getting 45 minutes from..........
23mi = 45mins
Not sure what you consider Charlotte. Are you using a Range Finder, Lensatic compass, or a measuring tape?

I believe he's talking about downtown Charlotte. It's about 18 miles away, which is about a 45-minute drive depending on traffic.

You are Geographically correct. That is the Mecklenburg border line which is roughly four miles away from Weddington High School. That IS NOT the heart of Charlotte
Just look at Google Maps, it doesnt take rocket science....
You are correct. If Weddington High School was installing a WELL or a Septic Tank on school property, I believe they would report to Union County Inspections Department not Mecklenburg or Charlotte.

Chambers and MC is out of the playoffs and now we go out chasing private property lol

Come to Miami and watch Miami Central

Charlotte.jpg

The whole argument is that Weddington is "far away" from Charlotte. When its technically NOT.
I live off
You are Geographically correct. That is the Mecklenburg border line which is roughly four miles away from Weddington High School. That IS NOT the heart of Charlotte

You are correct. If Weddington High School was installing a WELL or a Septic Tank on school property, I believe they would report to Union County Inspections Department not Mecklenburg or Charlotte.

Chambers and MC is out of the playoffs and now we go out chasing private property lol

Come to Miami and watch Miami Central

Charlotte.jpg
Huh? He's from Greensboro and a G-Page guy. He don't care about what happens with Chambers, MC or Weddington. 😂

I live off

Huh? He's from Greensboro and a G-Page guy. He don't care about what happens with Chambers, MC or Weddington. 😂
He was just excited that Charlotte had no representative in the western final. Then some of us burst his bubble by informing him Weddington is in the Charlotte area. He's now so sad and in tears of disappointment.

• Haha
Reactions: PagePirates44
Whats really in play here? If Grimley wins, is it a clean sweep of Charlotte this year, or if they lose, its 2 years in a row of getting beat by Union County teams?

Whats really in play here? If Grimley wins, is it a clean sweep of Charlotte this year, or if they lose, its 2 years in a row of getting beat by Union County teams?
I think what's really in play here is the winner of this game represents the west in Chapel Hill. Though some on here love to make it a Charlotte against the world kind of thing, causing them to dance jigs if a Charlotte city team isn't represented. That's what I see.

I think what's really in play here is the winner of this game represents the west in Chapel Hill. Though some on here love to make it a Charlotte against the world kind of thing, causing them to dance jigs if a Charlotte city team isn't represented. That's what I see.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Rutledge
The whole argument is that Weddington is "far away" from Charlotte. When its technically NOT.
I don't think anyone said Weddington is " far away, " just the fact its not in Mecklenburg County, therefore not being a Charlotte school. Reidsville is in the Greensboro area and located in an adjoining county, so do you consider them a Greensboro school ?

He was just excited that Charlotte had no representative in the western final. Then some of us burst his bubble by informing him Weddington is in the Charlotte area. He's now so sad and in tears of disappointment.
It's like they're coming out the woodworks, na-na na-na boo-boo Charlotte teams are out! It's like nobody knew, and they had to remind everyone. What next? People from Charlotte start jumping off bridges over High School football teams taking L's 😂 Win or lose, NC has delivered some great football games thus far. That's all that matters.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone said Weddington is " far away, " just the fact its not in Mecklenburg County, therefore not being a Charlotte school. Reidsville is in the Greensboro area and located in an adjoining county, so do you consider them a Greensboro school ?
Weddington is close to Charlotte and is a Charlotte Suburb. Reidsville isn't nearly as close to Greensboro and is its own Town that is not a Greensboro Suburb. Weddington is part of the Charlotte Metro area, Reidsville is not part of the Greensboro/Piedmont Triad Metro area. You're comparing apples to oranges now.

Reactions: btango
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT