ADVERTISEMENT

Final Grimsley 30 Mt Tabor 7

CPC4LIFE

Jul 31, 2010
This is another big game in Winston Salem that should be good(maybe). Grimsley is #1 and they have all the D-1 Talent on paper. Just amazing what they got... but they do have a small O-line. I picked Mt tabor in an upset earlier on another thread but after reading about so many D-1 players..Change of heart
Grimsley should win this one over a very good Tabor team who normally gets a good start(Ask Richmond Sr. last year 48-7). Tabor was 9-3 last year with two losses to East Forsyth... Low Scoring affair, as offenses try to figure it out.

Grimsley 21 Tabor 14

Last edited:
This is another big game in Winston Salem that should be good(maybe). Grimsley is #1 and they have all the D-1 Talent on paper. Just amazing what they got... but they do have a small O-line. I picked Mt tabor in an upset earlier on another thread but after reading about so many D-1 players.
Grimsley should win this one over a very good Tabor team who normally gets a good start(Ask Richmond Sr. last year 48-7). Tabor was 9-3 last year with two losses to East Forsyth... Low Scoring affair, as offenses try to figure it out.

Grimsley 21 Tabor 14
Exactly how I see it as well. Unless Grimsley’s young quarterback makes a costly mistake or something. Grimsley just has so many weapons eventually someone will break free and score in a defensive game.

Exactly how I see it as well. Unless Grimsley’s young quarterback makes a costly mistake or something. Grimsley just has so many weapons eventually someone will break free and score in a defensive game.
Grimsley is trying to gel with all that talent... Better catch them now, they are too well coached. Reagan has them in a couple weeks on 9/1/23; Same for them.. get them early.

Grimsley better not sleep on Mount Tabor! We scrimmage them last Friday. And they secondary nothing to sneeze at. We know Grimsley has 2 D-1 receivers, but so does Dudley. So Mount Tabor got some good work in with some talent. We had some battles with Mount Tabor and they have some good coaches over there...SALUTE

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
Grimsley better not sleep on Mount Tabor! We scrimmage them last Friday. And they secondary nothing to sneeze at. We know Grimsley has 2 D-1 receivers, but so does Dudley. So Mount Tabor got some good work in with some talent. We had some battles with Mount Tabor and they have some good coaches over there...SALUTE
Tabor has the height and athleticism to play with the skill players both Grimsley and Dudley have. Snook Peterkin 6’2 and JaDon Blair 6’4 both top national recruits. It will be interesting to see how they match up.I don’t know if Tabor will have much success against that front from Grimsley because of Bryce and the EF transfer but it will be a good game. I wish I could catch this game.

I know both teams pretty well. I think Mt Tabor defensive front is a bit underrated and will give Grimsley's OL some fits. I think Grimsley's DL will also give Tabor some fits as well. It will be about which team can break off a couple of more big plays and keep mistakes on offense to a minimum. I agree this will most likely be a low scoring game, but it could also turn into a 28-21 type of game.

I know both teams pretty well. I think Mt Tabor defensive front is a bit underrated and will give Grimsley's OL some fits. I think Grimsley's DL will also give Tabor some fits as well. It will be about which team can break off a couple of more big plays and keep mistakes on offense to a minimum. I agree this will most likely be a low scoring game, but it could also turn into a 28-21 type of game.
Tabors linebackers are very solid and underrated! Grimsley is starting a new center and OL not that great (right now at least). If Tabor can put some points up they can pull it off because I believe the defense will do its part.

It’s going take some time for that offense to gel. I like their D so Defense wins championships.

I’ll take Grimsley by 10 as I think Mt tabor will keep it close

https://highschool.si.com/north-car...partans-and-previews-week-1-opponent-grimsley
The duo of WR JaDon Blair (3 Star 247 Sports) and Shamarius "Snook" Peterkin (4 Star 247 Sports) Both Class of 2025 from Mt. Tabor are freakish, super fast at 6' 4 & 6' 3 they have it all... both are put together... They play both ways sometimes! They may steal they show Friday night over Grimsley's Elite WR duo. It's almost like this Tabor team is built for Grimsley.

247 Sports has JaDon Blair at 3 stars but this cat might be adding a star or two to that this year starting Friday Night. He's that good and he's very confident.

Great Article above link !

https://highschool.si.com/north-car...partans-and-previews-week-1-opponent-grimsley
The duo of WR JaDon Blair (3 Star 247 Sports) and Shamarius "Snook" Peterkin (4 Star 247 Sports) Both Class of 2025 from Mt. Tabor are freakish, super fast at 6' 4 & 6' 3 they have it all... both are put together... They play both ways sometimes! They may steal they show Friday night over Grimsley's Elite WR duo. It's almost like this Tabor team is built for Grimsley.

247 Sports has JaDon Blair at 3 stars but this cat might be adding a star or two to that this year starting Friday Night. He's that good and he's very confident.

Great Article above link !
Jadon Blair is actually already a 4 star and the number 2 ranked safety nationally, 26 overall nationally according to On3. I prefer their rankings because they’re normally more accurate and updated more often.

Grimsley 7 Mt Tabor 7.… Halftime! These two are evenly matched. Mt Tabor is really nice

Reactions: New3ra
This game was much closer than the score, Grimsley just wore down Tabor with RB Summers in the 4th Q. And those two WRs both made outstanding TD catches late in the game. Grimsley defense was awesome except for that 64yd TD by Snook Peterkin. They might run the table.

This game was much closer than the score, Grimsley just wore down Tabor with RB Summers in the 4th Q. And those two WRs both made outstanding TD catches late in the game. Grimsley defense was awesome except for that 64yd TD by Snook Peterkin. They might run the table.
I had a feeling Tabor not being able to score enough points would be the reason for the loss.

What game did you watch?..lol 30-7 Blowout

Thank you CPC4 Life. I was at the game. A blowout is when a game is never competitive. Tabor played with a loaded team. That second half kickoff went wrong. I don't think they meant to kick it to #1, who is clearly the best player on team. Tabor will be fine. Their team is still 70% underclassmen. Hats off to Grimsley. They are good. But it is just week 1.

Thank you CPC4 Life. I was at the game. A blowout is when a game is never competitive. Tabor played with a loaded team. That second half kickoff went wrong. I don't think they meant to kick it to #1, who is clearly the best player on team. Tabor will be fine. Their team is still 70% underclassmen. Hats off to Grimsley. They are good. But it is just week 1.
I tried telling someone #1 who was #8 last year is the best offensive player Grimsley has.

I tried telling someone #1 who was #8 last year is the best offensive player Grimsley has.
I played in the ACC back in the day. I have friends who have Super Bowl rings, mentors who have been NFL scouts for 33 years. I watched Nick Maddox play for A.L. Brown in the late 90s who was of the best high school players I have ever seen. #1 is a legitimate player. He will play a lot at NC State next year. He is big and fast. Tabor will be fine. They will get better up front. Tabor defense is pretty good. They just got worn down.

Most people don't understand
Getting stats are based upon offers. The more offers, the more stats. 75% of what gets a kid scholarship offers is what they are born with. Colleges, especially big time colleges, have check marks. They feel that if a kid is 6 foot 5 and can run at defensive end, they feel like they can turn those raw materials into a player. That does not always pan out. That is why the transfer portal is so busy these days. The great equalizer is the NFL. The NFL only cares about production. Every year we see a kid get drafted from a smaller school or a school no one has heard of, because the NFL sends scouts to every college that plays football, regardless of the level. A lot of kids get missed in the star system because they don't have the measurable. That simple. Watch for UNC this year. One of their best lineman is a kid that is about 6 foot 1 but around 245. He is a transfer from East Tennessee State.

Sorry. I meant getting stars. Good luck to all teams this year. Guys, we are grown men, these are kids. Let's wish the best for all teams. We want to raise great husbands and fathers and football is a great opportunity to do that. Congratulations to Grimsley and all the teams that won tonight. For the teams that loss, keep grinding. Good night

Mount Tabors offense is horrible. One long pass and a good catch in tight coverage is basically it. In the second half they didn't make it past mid field mabey not even the 40 yard line. Tabors box defense is stout until they get tired. They will be tired alot because of the lack of Offense.

The most important stat is the score. But the other stats are nearly identical. Very short fields to score for Grimsley in the second half. No team not even Grimsley will constantly drive the ball 80 yards on Mount Tabor this season. Offense will come together. Grimsley's defensive line is like a division 1 college front right now. There is not a team in the state that can match up with that front. Grimsley is the clear favorite to win a state title this year. There very well could be a rematch of the game in late November.

I'm not sure Grimsley's D line is that great but definitely good. If the Sophomore QB Faison can get comfortable this season could be great with 2 of the top receivers in NC. He had a few flashes of greatness last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT