ADVERTISEMENT

Mooresville vs Grimsley (Scrimmage) Aug 9th

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
Looking forward to this scrimmage at Coach Joe Popp Stadium at 6pm as We face Grimsley in Pre-season action. I am looking forward on how the Blue Devil do vs a D1 WR from grimsley if he plays.

This will be a good measuring stick for the Blue Devils as Grimsley was 15-1 Last yr - Mooresville was 10-2 . The D will be nasty this yr but ALL EYES will be on the Blue Devil Offense in the Scrimmage to see how they are progressing

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Mooresville held their own and done well vs Grimsley - Grimsley has a few things to work on esp on the offensive side but D looks good

Same goes for Mooresville. Great work for both teams!

Mooresville held their own and done well vs Grimsley - Grimsley has a few things to work on esp on the offensive side but D looks good

Same goes for Mooresville. Great work for both teams!
I wasn't impressed with Grimsley at all outside of the run game. I know coaches have to be very basic during a scrimmage but they didn't show anything worthwhile. The oline was small. The QB had no zip on the ball. Very undisciplined and cocky. Scored on the backups. Mooresville on the other hand I was very impressed with. If they stay healthy they'll be ok. #15 is the best QB IMO.

Take what we learned from the scrimmage with a real grain of salt… it’s the first live situations vs another team… nobody is in their final form.

That being said… by my count of score was tracked it was 28-28. If you factor in probable defensive scores… I think Grimsley edged us 42-35.

Offensively, Grimsley looks the part. Big arm QB, big WRs outside. Strong RB. I thought our DBs really did a largely good job on those WR. Don’t think they had a down field catch until later. The OL didn’t look particularly good… or big. That was a little surprising. But some of that could be our defense should be very good this year too.

As for us… we have a lot of work to do on offense. As expected. A lot of new pieces on that side. Throwing the ball…. Neither QB did anything to really separate themselves. Running the ball… 15 was an animal… probably close to 70 and 2 scores on the ground. Don’t think you saw any of our RBs looks that good. But Grimsley DL is very good… and looked the part so that’s no surprise. I thought our WRs were really quite good. And that’s a phrase we don’t get to say often here lol. Especially #5. They made some tough catches on some less than ideal throws.

Was a little surprised at how early Mooresville started rotating the starters out, especially on defense. But I guess when you return 10 starters… you kinda already know what ya got. A lot of 2’s and 3’s got very meaningful reps last night. Great to see

All in all… good first outing. Both teams learned a lot and can dial things in.

Now we go see Hough on Friday

Also… shout out to the fans that came out. For a two team, not full field scrimmage… that place was packed. Probably about 80% full on the home side… and a CMS sized road crowd on the away 😂

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
A few years ago Mooresville looked very good against Myers Park Drake Maye at QB. And week 2 of the season Mooresville got blown out by West Forsyth 49-7. Scrimmages don't always tell you everyrhing.

Mt Tabor in 8 days is going to be closer than everybody thinks. Mt Tabor is massive on the O-line and D-line. with speed...

Reactions: nwguilford007
Mt Tabor in 8 days is going to be closer than everybody thinks. Mt Tabor is massive on the O-line and D-line. with speed...
I may have to go to that game. I think Tabor can pull it off as long as the offense can put some points up.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
Grimsley is loaded on the Dline and the WR position. The Run game is going to be their strength and their ability to stop the run. If a team can stop the run and not give up a big play in the pass game they will have a shot. Grimsley is average at LB and at DB. Their Oline is good not great. I think they are a top 10 team not so sure they are #1. What will help them is there is nobody close to them in the metro. If they can get through their non conference schedule they will have the #1 seed again and wont see anyone until rd 3 or 4 and like you know just like last year they have an easier path to the State Championship.

If DBs can chuck receivers all the way down the field, then the Grimsley pass attack can be stopped.

If DBs can chuck receivers all the way down the field, then the Grimsley pass attack can be stopped.
Saw it in the last game they played when they had 17 yards passing with 3-4 minutes left in the game. Gotta be physical with those WR's and mess up their timing off the snap.

Reactions: New3ra
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT