ADVERTISEMENT

(Wk.3) Grimsley @ Reagan

CPC4LIFE

Jul 31, 2010
Nothing to really see here as Grimsley should dispose of Reagan rather quickly. This hurts as a CPC fan of all teams, this one will be hard to watch.
Grimsley didn't punt last week, they might not punt this week vs Reagan's defense. Grimsleys RB Summers is really good and he opens up that passing attack. Just too many weapons even though I'm a big fan of the young Reagan QB & RB. Mismatch: Not going to pick a score...This Game has potential for a running clock in the 3rd/4th Q.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Nothing to see here. In fact, nothing to see with Grimsley until playoff time. They have a relatively lightweight schedule.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
This all comes down to the Reagan front 7 vs the Grimsley OL. I’ve seen both… I do think Reagan can get some pressure in the backfield. But I don’t think it will be consistent. Grimsley, I imagine, will do the same thing we did… the same thing MR did… pass minimally… use the mobile QB and use the RBs.

Other side of the ball… Reagan ain’t scoring on the Grimsley 1’s.

I’m gonna go 41-7 here

Reagan hung surprisingly tough with Grimsley the last two years.

That means nothing Friday. It should be a blow out by G.

I'll be at the game and I may post a few times until I get bored.

I don't follow prospects much. Who are the major college targets for G?

I know that the sophomore QB for R has been offered a baseball scholarship by State (and he's accepted for what a sophomore accepting is worth) and that the Statefootball team has recently offered as well.

Grimsley outside receivers have signed with NCSU and UNC. Junior DE, Davis, has multiple SEC offers. Soph QB had D1 offers in 8th grade. RB #22 is special player. Solid O-Line. I think Grimsley will put at least 45 points a game for the rest of the regular season.

R receives KO. Gains about 15 yds before punting.

G TD on long run.

G crowd to s surprisingly small for a team that has been so successful recently. crowd is still filtering in

But hell, EF usually only fills half the home side and they are good.

G responds with a long drive that ends in a TD. 2pt conversion good

R had G in a 3rd and 14 but gave up a 22 run.

Teams trade possessions. R eventually score a TD but miss XP.

15 to 9 with 2 left in the half.

G scores again. 35 to 9.

3 left in the 3rd.

G has played an efficient, controlled game. Nothing flashy and not emotional at all.

R was inconsistent on O. The rush was killing any chance of getting in a rhythm.

The D was not up to the job. Poor tackling and frequently incapable of making stops on 3rd down even when the yardage was favorable.

Reactions: Ukcatz92
42-16 85 yard run TD Reagan. Grimsley D is so hit or miss
Maybe. I don't follow them enough. I am curious though. At that point, did G have the backups in? If so, then it was R first string vs G 2nd string. R does rarely subs when blowing someone out or getting blown out.

Maybe. I don't follow them enough. I am curious though. At that point, did G have the backups in? If so, then it was R first string vs G 2nd string. R does rarely subs when blowing someone out or getting blown out.
The last TD by Reagan, the 82 yard run by#2 was when many reserves were in the game during the 4th quarter in 42-9 game. The Whirlie staff has numbers and are trying to develop quality depth. The 6 round 4A playoffs are brutal and physically taxing. Grimsley’s 2022 march to West championship led thru Hough, Catholic, Independence and Weddington - all tough and emotionally draining games. Injuries are going to occur and quality depth is a must in 4A.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT