ADVERTISEMENT

Guilford College 7on7 from 6/27/15

Does Hord also play cornerback? I remember seeing some footage of his play against Page where had a couple of interceptions, I think. He's not a big guy, but I think he makes up for it with his instincts and athleticism.

Does Hord also play cornerback? I remember seeing some footage of his play against Page where had a couple of interceptions, I think. He's not a big guy, but I think he makes up for it with his instincts and athleticism.

Hord plays WR, FS & CB

Western Alamance still spanked that tail to take the championship! It was a great catch though!

Hardly a spanking but it was only a 7v7:

Northern scored first on a pick/INT(#23) to go up 2-0….NG then got a TD pass from QB Myles Timmons and with the two-point conversion Northern led early 10-0….NG then got a defensive stop to lead fellow Mid-State 3-A Conference foe Western Alamance 11-0….NG up 11-0 in the game and then Western Alamance goes to work…WA touchdown and then the two-point conversion along the way and WA has cut the lead to 11-9 and then the WA Warriors get a defensive stop to make it 11-10 Northern Guilford…WA then marches down the field and scores on another TD pass to make it 16-11 WA and the two-point conversion failed an it is now 16-11 WB…WA gets an interception and now leads 18-11 and it is getting late and in the process WA gets the ball back one more time and the Northern defense holds to make the score 18-12 and NG has the ball back for one more shot and Iimmons goes deep to Tucker Hord who makes a great catch and hauls in the ball at the two-yard line as time runs out and the game over….

A win is a win and that's why you compete. Obvious from the 7on7 though you stop CJ you beat Northern. Not saying that is an easy thing to do though. Western has some incredible weapons including the big RB who also catches the ball out of the backfield (and only a junior) a lot as well as the sophomore kid playing receiver this year that was the JV QB last year. He caught both the td for Western as well as a conversion. He is going to be a name to watch the next 3 years. Probably move him back to QB next year.

Reactions: wahswarriordad
A win is a win and that's why you compete. Obvious from the 7on7 though you stop CJ you beat Northern. Not saying that is an easy thing to do though. Western has some incredible weapons including the big RB who also catches the ball out of the backfield (and only a junior) a lot as well as the sophomore kid playing receiver this year that was the JV QB last year. He caught both the td for Western as well as a conversion. He is going to be a name to watch the next 3 years. Probably move him back to QB next year.

Does Western Alamance return a lot of players from last year's team? I know that Eastern Alamance won't be as solid, so Western might dethrone Eastern for the championship title. This conference is fun to watch, especially when you have NG, WA, and EA at the top, Williams and Eastern Guilford, Morehead on the cusp of turning the program around, and some new excitement coming from McMichael, Rockingham County, and NE Guilford.

You said we got spanked. That didn't happen. 7v7 is not where you're going to see CJ thrive. We shall see how far he will go this season though. Looking forward to seeing if we can prove everybody wrong once more!

Yes they return a lot of starters but still have some holes to fill. They return the entire starting backfield. They lost their #1 receiver but they replace him with JV QB from last year and he is a beast of an athlete. 3 of the starting 5 lineman are back but have to find 2 more. Plenty to choose from but will probably be young guys. Defensively they are athletic as it gets. Even along the front line. Plenty of athletic depth as well. Obviously Northern will be tough as always but I think a little more one dimensional than in years past. Eastern Alamance I think will be down a bit but they still have their QB and he is a player. They will be big up front but again I think a little one-dimensional as well though. They will be down a lot at the RB position as they most likely will have to rely on a JV kid and they were just average at that position on JV last year. Eastern Guilford will have an athletic team but they lack depth and not sure they will be that tough up front this year. Ought to be a very competitive season but I am not sure even Northern can match Western's athleticism this year.

I thought Johnny Roscoe and staff did their best job last year in leading Northern Guilford to the state championship. I thought that there was a big drop off from Northern Guilford's starting players and the second stringers, and I think that caught up with them against Eastern Alamance. As far as this year, I don't know what to expect from Northern Guilford.

The only concern that I have with Western Alamance which isn't a big concern is with their defensive depth. It seemed to me that some of the more athletic teams such as Eastern Alamance wore them down late in the game. Of course that happens more frequently whenever a defense plays an athletic offensive team so it's not a big pressing concern. I'm sure you have some JV's that will shore up that defense and with an extra year of experience for the returning players Western should be the team to beat.

A long ride in the season to determine this conference out. Athletic depth should not be a problem for western this year, the biggest concern I have is size up front. That will be the biggest hurdle to jump as we do not have a lot of size.

Unfortunately, you can never count out ole' Roscoe cause he can always find a way to get around the rules to get what he needs. Like I always said the best private school coach there is coaching in the public school league. Love to see what kind of job he could do if he actually coached the kids that came through his pathetic JV teams!

A long ride in the season to determine this conference out. Athletic depth should not be a problem for western this year, the biggest concern I have is size up front. That will be the biggest hurdle to jump as we do not have a lot of size.

Unfortunately, you can never count out ole' Roscoe cause he can always find a way to get around the rules to get what he needs. Like I always said the best private school coach there is coaching in the public school league. Love to see what kind of job he could do if he actually coached the kids that came through his pathetic JV teams!

I've heard numerous rumors about Northern Guilford recruiting, some from reliable sources, some that weren't as reliable. Most of the rumors include all sports, but I have nothing to verify that recruiting is going on. Over the years have there been many transfers/relocation to Northern Guilford?

There is no doubt that it goes on. Just look at their JV teams then what the varsity puts on the field 2 years later. It's pretty much a joke. Their JV team last year was, well let's just be nice and say they maybe would have been competitive in a middle school league. You will never see them be that non-competitive at the varsity level. The one thing I guess I can give them credit for is they are good at getting players there. I don't know if they are doing it legally or not but everyone knows it goes on and it's really just a big joke in our area and conference now. I think the kids maybe moving legally in the district but I doubt they are just coming in for the education. I'll leave it at that!

Reactions: Earnhardt Forever
There is no doubt that it goes on. Just look at their JV teams then what the varsity puts on the field 2 years later. It's pretty much a joke. Their JV team last year was, well let's just be nice and say they maybe would have been competitive in a middle school league. You will never see them be that non-competitive at the varsity level. The one thing I guess I can give them credit for is they are good at getting players there. I don't know if they are doing it legally or not but everyone knows it goes on and it's really just a big joke in our area and conference now. I think the kids maybe moving legally in the district but I doubt they are just coming in for the education. I'll leave it at that!

That's a shame too, but what you have stated is pretty much what I've also heard. Your comments about last year's JV team validates what I've also been told.

I won't discredit the program itself because some of the players will be reading this board and will think I'm calling them cheats. Far from it. Coach Roscoe and some of his staff have done a tremendous job at Northern, and I do believe they do develop their talent as well as anyone. However, I do question who or whom is getting them this nice pool of talent.

That's a shame too, but what you have stated is pretty much what I've also heard. Your comments about last year's JV team validates what I've also been told.

I won't discredit the program itself because some of the players will be reading this board and will think I'm calling them cheats. Far from it. Coach Roscoe and some of his staff have done a tremendous job at Northern, and I do believe they do develop their talent as well as anyone. However, I do question who or whom is getting them this nice pool of talent.

How could Roscoe not do a tremendous job? He's had Keenan Allen (NFL Rookie of the Year), Maurice Harris (Cal), Rocco Scarfone (ECU), Daniel Downing (UNC), TJ Logan (UNC), Chris Ripberger (UNC...I think) Mook Reynolds (VA Tech), Cam Harris (Don't know where he ended up) Tre Marsh (Elon...I think) CJ Freeman (USC). That's just the Big Time Players I remember. They have had several kids go to smaller FCS schools and D-2/D-3 schools also. Most Coaches would dream of having 1 maybe 2 guys like that in an entire career. Roscoe has had those kids in 5 Years!!! With that kind of talent in 3A Football he should never lose a game.

You are right about the talent. My comment was more about what happened when the injuries piled up.

I didn't think Northern Guilford was particularly deep last year, and when they had a rash of injuries, they went down against Eastern Alamance. Roscoe did a good job in not letting panic set in.

It's amazing the talent that this program has gotten over the years. I'm not sure where all of this talent is coming from, but they do have a lot of it. I'm interested in seeing what happens to this year's team that has lost a lot of that talent. Northern Guilford has a knack of having athletes show up and play at the school.

"There is no doubt that it goes on. Just look at their JV teams then what the varsity puts on the field 2 years later. It's pretty much a joke. Their JV team last year was, well let's just be nice and say they maybe would have been competitive in a middle school league. You will never see them be that non-competitive at the varsity level. The one thing I guess I can give them credit for is they are good at getting players there. I don't know if they are doing it legally or not but everyone knows it goes on and it's really just a big joke in our area and conference now. I think the kids maybe moving legally in the district but I doubt they are just coming in for the education. I'll leave it at that!"

You could not be more wrong. NG has never paid much attention to its JV teams. If you look back you will see lots of losses at the JV level. I remember a year when NW scored 53 points on them! NG focuses on the varsity ....the JV is an after thought. I know of times when the JV first got together to run plays and defense the wednesday before a thursday night game. Talk to some of the parents over there about that and they will confirm. NW for instance focuses heavy on the JV and boast about them not losing a game for 3 or 4 years...but it did'nt carry over to the Varsity. As far as I'm concerned Roscoe likes for the opponent to see the JV in a negative light as they may take the Varsity light....and so far whatever it is....works.

"There is no doubt that it goes on. Just look at their JV teams then what the varsity puts on the field 2 years later. It's pretty much a joke. Their JV team last year was, well let's just be nice and say they maybe would have been competitive in a middle school league. You will never see them be that non-competitive at the varsity level. The one thing I guess I can give them credit for is they are good at getting players there. I don't know if they are doing it legally or not but everyone knows it goes on and it's really just a big joke in our area and conference now. I think the kids maybe moving legally in the district but I doubt they are just coming in for the education. I'll leave it at that!"

You could not be more wrong. NG has never paid much attention to its JV teams. If you look back you will see lots of losses at the JV level. I remember a year when NW scored 53 points on them! NG focuses on the varsity ....the JV is an after thought. I know of times when the JV first got together to run plays and defense the wednesday before a thursday night game. Talk to some of the parents over there about that and they will confirm. NW for instance focuses heavy on the JV and boast about them not losing a game for 3 or 4 years...but it did'nt carry over to the Varsity. As far as I'm concerned Roscoe likes for the opponent to see the JV in a negative light as they may take the Varsity light....and so far whatever it is....works.
Wrong! NW Focuses so much on their JV because they don't have Superstar D-1 Players moving in so they have to take the time and develop each player. If they don't they won't stand a chance when they get to the Varsity level. Plus if you ever came around a NW practice you would hear their coaches telling the JV kids that those JV wins are great but mean nothing if you lose on Friday so I don't really know of anyone boasting about JV Football over there. Also at NW practice the Varsity coaches coach the 4th string JV WR just as hard as the 1st string Varsity WR. When you say it didn't carry over to the Varsity.....NW finished in the top 5 of the 4AA 2 years ago and was knocked out by Mallard Creek. I think they are doing a great job over there at getting it to carry over to Friday night they just don't have the 10 D-1 players in 5 season like Roscoe has had. People in Guilford County forget just how bad NW was for so long. Before Coach Woodruff and his staff got there they were going 1-10 just like Smith now they are in the running every year for a Conference title. Yes, they haven't won State Championships like Northern but there is some quality Football being coached and played at NW Guilford

Last edited:
That is the most ridiculous argument I have ever heard about Northern's JV team. Maybe they don't put much focus on them, I'm not there every day so I can't dispute that. But the reason he doesn't is because Roscoe knows he does not have to depend on many of those guys to play on Friday nights so why waste time coaching them up. If they have talent he just moves them up to varsity so they can get coached. He knows he can get kids to transfer in to fill the holes he needs. Come on, just look at his rosters since he has been there and how many of his better players actually transferred in. I know Northern people like to think they are clean and do things the right way but come on, how stupid do they think the rest of us are. Say what you want but your track record speaks for itself.

"You could not be more wrong. NG has never paid much attention to its JV teams. If you look back you will see lots of losses at the JV level. I remember a year when NW scored 53 points on them! NG focuses on the varsity ....the JV is an after thought. I know of times when the JV first got together to run plays and defense the wednesday before a thursday night game. Talk to some of the parents over there about that and they will confirm. NW for instance focuses heavy on the JV and boast about them not losing a game for 3 or 4 years...but it did'nt carry over to the Varsity. As far as I'm concerned Roscoe likes for the opponent to see the JV in a negative light as they may take the Varsity light....and so far whatever it is....works.

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Last edited:
That is the most ridiculous argument I have ever heard about Northern's JV team. Maybe they don't put much focus on them, I'm not there every day so I can't dispute that. But the reason he doesn't is because Roscoe knows he does not have to depend on many of those guys to play on Friday nights so why waste time coaching them up. If they have talent he just moves them up to varsity so they can get coached. He knows he can get kids to transfer in to fill the holes he needs. Come on, just look at his rosters since he has been there and how many of his better players actually transferred in. I know Northern people like to think they are clean and do things the right way but come on, how stupid do they think the rest of us are. Say what you want but your track record speaks for itself.
You speak of transferring as if it is illegal. It is not. Northern is the most scrutinized school in this area. Those who transfer do it by the book. These parents make sacrifices to move their child into the northern district. Nothing illegal about that. Remember this when the illegal students were found none of them were football players. So stop trying to say because we win in football something illegal must be going on.

if you think those were my words then the dumbest thing is the fact that you can't tell when someone quotes someone words on this forum. Those were not my words. Look back.

What a prissy comment...there's no mention of where you quoting your source, so good job you Polly Pissy Pants, you have just plagiarized someone else. I do know that the first paragraph, which I agree with, wasn't from you. My comment was regarding the second paragraph...which was mostly likely from you, and was pretty dumb.

Once again troll, that's about the dumbest thing I've ever read. Don't you have some recruiting for Northern Guilford to do?

Last edited:
You speak of transferring as if it is illegal. It is not. Northern is the most scrutinized school in this area. Those who transfer do it by the book. These parents make sacrifices to move their child into the northern district. Nothing illegal about that. Remember this when the illegal students were found none of them were football players. So stop trying to say because we win in football something illegal must be going on.

Typical reply from a smug NG member that pretends that no recruiting occurs.

Correct! Transferring is not illegal....What is illegal is when it's the assistant coaches and private trainers who are non faculty that are contacting kids and selling what the faculty coaches are saying. "If player X was at Northern player X would be a starting DB". So yes that is sort of against the rules. When they opened Northern Guilford pulled kids from NW Guilford and NE Guilford in the history of those 2 schools they never had the type of talent that has been at Northern the last 5 years. That talent is being pulled in from all points of the Triad area. The real kids that live in that area are the ones with the exception of a few that are getting blown out on those JV teams that Mr Roscoe doesn't feel the need to coach.

Last edited:
You are correct Warhead1. There's been a black cloud over Northern Guilford ever since the formation of that school. Just look at the JV squad...they are lucky to not get blown out each game, but for some reason they are winners by the time they are on Varsity?

Reeks of recruiting, doesn't it?

What a prissy comment...there's no mention of where you quoting your source, so good job you Polly Pissy Pants, you have just plagiarized someone else. I do know that the first paragraph, which I agree with, wasn't from you. My comment was regarding the second paragraph...which was mostly likely from you, and was pretty dumb.

Once again troll, that's about the dumbest thing I've ever read. Don't you have some recruiting for Northern Guilford to do?

Usually the dumbest people are the ones calling other people dumb! Apparently you make your point by name calling instead of using some form of logic and reasoning. what you know about NG might fit on the head of an ant. if any of you had any hard evidence of NG recruiting I'm sure you would have pulled a southeast by now. So shut up and win at 7 on 7 cause you cant win when the clock is running and it really counts.

Usually the dumbest people are the ones calling other people dumb! Apparently you make your point by name calling instead of using some form of logic and reasoning. what you know about NG might fit on the head of an ant. if any of you had any hard evidence of NG recruiting I'm sure you would have pulled a southeast by now. So shut up and win at 7 on 7 cause you cant win when the clock is running and it really counts.

What rhetorical nonsense. Typical for a smug prima donna Northern Guilford fan. The arrogance that come from your fat, greasy fingers symbolizes the entire Northern Guilford program.

BTW, Western Alamance defeated the Northern Guilford princesses at 7 on 7. LMAO

Yeah, WA is the 7 on 7 champions......excellent basketball on grass players.....turn the clock on and watch them .......well you know .....right! Hah LM multiple state championship ...and smug....AO!

Yeah, WA is the 7 on 7 champions......excellent basketball on grass players.....turn the clock on and watch them .......well you know .....right! Hah LM multiple state championship ...and smug....AO!

Just going to make it that much sweeter when we do whip that tail. Just like last year when our JV's could have scored a 100 on your pathetic JV team if we wanted. Oh wait! That doesn't matter cause the Northern's JV's are not coached because none of those guys will ever see the field on Friday night. Keep getting your legal transfers because it will be so much sweeter to beat you with other people's players. Northern fans live in their own little world thinking they are a football factory when everybody else in the state know they bring their players in. Doesn't take an idiot to figure that out and to say they don't reach out to players to persuade them to come to Northern is very dumb as well. Face it. It happens. You guys have tried to build a tradition of being a football powerhouse and you have succeeded based on wins. However, you still are a joke to the rest of the state. No one respects you but laughs at the fact that you guys work so hard to get players to move in. Heck, you said it yourself that they don't even coach the JV kids to get better lol! What kind of program trying to build success does that!

Reactions: Chargers#1
WAFootballer, NG JV doesn't matter because they are horrible and because they only recruit for the varsity.

His entire argument is pathetic. NG doesn't care about JV because they don't recruit JV players. If they didn't recruit, they would think about installing pride and character with that squad. The 2014 team was great, but they had no class whatsoever in the state finals. Northern Guilford should have been embarrassed, but good sportsmanship means nothing to them.

Last edited:
Like I said before...Northern does spank everyone they play and they should! My Lord they have 1-3 BIG TIME D-1 athletes every year in 3AA Football. Back to the recruited/Move in/transfers....It originally started with the lovable Coach O and the Bernie Madoff wannabe Coach K (Former Northern Basketball coach). When the stuff hit the fan Roscoe was somehow able to keep from losing his job by putting it all on Coach O and a few others. Didn't the Principal and AD lose their jobs too? You can say what you want but I've heard from former assistants that worked with Roscoe everyday is that he controlled every aspect of the Varsity program since he arrived. How does everyone in a place of power lose their job for illegal players yet you have the Stadium named after you? You can't tell me you have that many recruited/move in/transfers and the Head Coach doesn't know where they live or where they came from. Everyone knows that and its old news now but here is a list of just a few of the move in players I remember.

Keenan Allen - Lived near Eastern Guilford transferred to Grimsley with Maynard and went with Coach O to Northern
Maurice Harris - Lived in NE Guilford District and played for NE for a year or two and still was able to transfer and play at Northern while living in NE District
Cam Harris - Same as his brother. Missed the start of his Jr year because the county somewhat cracked down on him for about 6 weeks. Still played Sr year while living out of District
Mook Reynolds - started at Dudley and transferred to Northern
Tre Marsh - Transferred from Dudley was busted and had to sit out his entire Jr year. Was able to play Sr year while living in Dudley's district
Rocco Scarfone - Lived in Western Guilford district played at Northern

Lets not forget about the kids who were busted when a few schools turned them in and had to sit out their entire senior High School seasons
Gabe King
Chris McCain
James Scales

first respect from around the state. ...lots of that on the field....on boards like this who cares they are just people's opinions, that and a $1 will get you a cup of coffee. ..second NG has not tried to build a tradition of winning, that has been accomplished. .....next. ..you say we have 1 to 3 D1 athletes each year, how many are on the field at a time? where do you think the others come from. ...the JV! and they do a mighty fine job too wouldn't you say? you know about our transfers because we win with them but other schools get transfers as well but if you don't win no one cares what you do. If you look at dudley they get kids every year that enroll in the academy so they can play there and that too is legal. Warhead is the only one of you that actually seems to know anything about the NG program, the rest are just guys tired of losing to us each year and need to find a reason beyond what happens on the field of play... the time is coming when you will get your opportunity to gloat over your win over NG but for now buckle up tight cause it's going to be a bumpy road ahead!

first respect from around the state. ...lots of that on the field....on boards like this who cares they are just people's opinions, that and a $1 will get you a cup of coffee. ..second NG has not tried to build a tradition of winning, that has been accomplished. .....next. ..you say we have 1 to 3 D1 athletes each year, how many are on the field at a time? where do you think the others come from. ...the JV! and they do a mighty fine job too wouldn't you say? you know about our transfers because we win with them but other schools get transfers as well but if you don't win no one cares what you do. If you look at dudley they get kids every year that enroll in the academy so they can play there and that too is legal. Warhead is the only one of you that actually seems to know anything about the NG program, the rest are just guys tired of losing to us each year and need to find a reason beyond what happens on the field of play... the time is coming when you will get your opportunity to gloat over your win over NG but for now buckle up tight cause it's going to be a bumpy road ahead!

Typical Northern Guilford fan answer. You guys live in your own little world over there trying to justify all the crap you guys pull off. You think people respect your team? Yes people respect the kids on the field playing the game no doubt. Your kids have been proven winners for years now. What people don't respect and find a joke are your administrators and especially your football coaches. They are the adults and supposed leaders of these young men and look at the example they set. Obviously, you guys are ok with it so fine, who am I to question the ethics that you want your young people to learn. Bend the rules to come out on top. Fine with me like I said. I would rather my son learn the value of hard work to achieve a goal. To each his own I guess. I'd rather win with class than be viewed as a joke and cheater. Btw, if you are counting on your JV's to contribute the next couple of years you are in for a couple long season's. Will see what ole' Roscoe puts on the field the next couple years. I'll be shocked if more than a third of them were JV contributor's. If they are good luck winning more than 2 games! lol

WAFootballer, NG JV doesn't matter because they are horrible and because they only recruit for the varsity.

His entire argument is pathetic. NG doesn't care about JV because they don't recruit JV players. If they didn't recruit, they would think about installing pride and character with that squad. The 2014 team was great, but they had no class whatsoever in the state finals. Northern Fuilford should have been embarrassed, but good sportsmanship means nothing to them.[/

Earnhardt Forever that is 100% truth. He even says it himself that they don't even work with the JV's and I have also heard that from some of the parents over there. If you aren't recruiting for your big time players on varsity don't most schools coach up the JV kids so they become ready for varsity. Furthermore, where do these kids come from that just 'show up' on varsity. Their track record speaks for itself. It's public school not private school!

Typical Northern Guilford fan answer. You guys live in your own little world over there trying to justify all the crap you guys pull off. You think people respect your team? Yes people respect the kids on the field playing the game no doubt. Your kids have been proven winners for years now. What people don't respect and find a joke are your administrators and especially your football coaches. They are the adults and supposed leaders of these young men and look at the example they set. Obviously, you guys are ok with it so fine, who am I to question the ethics that you want your young people to learn. Bend the rules to come out on top. Fine with me like I said. I would rather my son learn the value of hard work to achieve a goal. To each his own I guess. I'd rather win with class than be viewed as a joke and cheater. Btw, if you are counting on your JV's to contribute the next couple of years you are in for a couple long season's. Will see what ole' Roscoe puts on the field the next couple years. I'll be shocked if more than a third of them were JV contributor's. If they are good luck winning more than 2 games! lol

Ogramballer couldn't manage an outside crap house, so I'll go ahead and translate it for those with I.Q.'s in the double digits....

Northern Guilford illegally recruits.

Earnhardt does manage an outside crap house and I don't mean a place where people might go to gamble!

Earnhardt does manage an outside crap house and I don't mean a place where people might go to gamble!

The only crap that I manage is the stuff that you have spewed out. Your argument that NG doesn't care about winning JV games is laughable. They don't care about winning JV games because they know that they can get developed talent from surrounding schools to join the varsity team when they are ready.

Once again, NG recruits.

OK what do you call it when a team gets together for 30 minutes a practice and then goes out on Thursdays to play a game? What are the odds for success? Other programs will have entire practices where the JV is working together mom thru we'd to become a team. say what you want but it is what it is. as coach says I don't know anyone that gets fired for losing on Thursdays! and he is right! We at NG know this recruiting thing will never go away until people who can't beat us start beating us. So until then feel good blaming your loses on recruiting and not coaching and execution on the field of play. And by the way this year's seniors are the same ones that WA lost to in
double OT when they were freshman. ...and that group got the same treatment as the JV group last year did.... ..

Last edited:
OK what do you call it when a team gets together for 30 minutes a practice and then goes out on Thursdays to play a game? What are the odds for success? Other programs will have entire practices where the JV is working together mom thru we'd to become a team. say what you want but it is what it is. as coach says I don't know anyone that gets fired for losing on Thursdays! and he is right! We at NG know this recruiting thing will never go away until people who can't beat us start beating us. So until then feel good blaming your loses on recruiting and not coaching and execution on the field of play. And by the way this year's seniors are the same ones that WA lost to in
double OT when they were freshman. ...and that group got the same treatment as the JV group last year did.... ..

You have pretty much proven to me that NG recruits because they don't have to develop talent from within but instead can lure developed talent from other schools to play on their varsity squad. Your statements only enforce the fact that recruiting goes on at NG.

JV squads are used at most schools to develop not only talent, but competitive instincts so when the athletes are juniors and seniors, they will be more than prepared for the rigors of varsity competition. At a school like NG whereby they don't have to develop in-house talent because they can lure other talent from outside schools to the program, the JV program doesn't mean anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT