ADVERTISEMENT

Guilford College 7on7 from 6/27/15

You have pretty much proven to me that NG recruits because they don't have to develop talent from within but instead can lure developed talent from other schools to play on their varsity squad. Your statements only enforce the fact that recruiting goes on at NG.

JV squads are used at most schools to develop not only talent, but competitive instincts so when the athletes are juniors and seniors, they will be more than prepared for the rigors of varsity competition. At a school like NG whereby they don't have to develop in-house talent because they can lure other talent from outside schools to the program, the JV program doesn't mean anything.

Earnhardt, does Orgramballer not realize that his arguments actually support what we are saying lol! Obviously not!! It's laughable that anybody outside of Northern Guilford really thinks they develop any kind of talent from that JV program. Maybe they had some talent in years past, not sure, but I can promise if they rely on any of the talent from last years JV team they will go straight from the top to the bottom. I bet you your life that won't happen and you will see a whole new group a kids out there the next two years! It's laughable to have this argument anyway cause it is pretty much a well known fact throughout the state what Northern Guilford is all about!!

As far as we at WA are concerned, keep bringing on your private school team. We'll keep going head to head and it will be that much more satisfying when we take you down. It may or may not be this year but hold on to your hats for the next couple years to come. Better start recruiting hard or Roscoe is going to have to retire again!!

Reactions: Earnhardt Forever
Northern does not recruit. Kids want to play for a winner and when don't work where they are they leave. Northern is like the Oakland Raiders of old when Madden was the coach. He could take players that other coaches could'nt handle or did'nt like and give them a place where they could showcase their talent. Everyone that I know of that transfered in do so because they could'nt get along with the coaches or did like them or their system. Say what you want, you going to say it anyway or at least until you can beat us then it won't matter to you. Again, we have 1 to 2 high profile athletes a year but don't you have to play with the other 9? Guess where they come from...the JV. Don't yall worry none you day is coming but you gonna have to wait awhile longer.
'

Earnhardt, does Orgramballer not realize that his arguments actually support what we are saying lol! Obviously not!! It's laughable that anybody outside of Northern Guilford really thinks they develop any kind of talent from that JV program. Maybe they had some talent in years past, not sure, but I can promise if they rely on any of the talent from last years JV team they will go straight from the top to the bottom. I bet you your life that won't happen and you will see a whole new group a kids out there the next two years! It's laughable to have this argument anyway cause it is pretty much a well known fact throughout the state what Northern Guilford is all about!!

As far as we at WA are concerned, keep bringing on your private school team. We'll keep going head to head and it will be that much more satisfying when we take you down. It may or may not be this year but hold on to your hats for the next couple years to come. Better start recruiting hard or Roscoe is going to have to retire again!!

Yep, you are right. Orgramballer doesn't get it.

What can you tell me about WA's depth? Last year WA's depth was a concern, especially on defense. You should be getting some additional help from last year's JV.

I've always admired Western Alamance since the legendary Hal Capps was their coach. That program plays within the rules while another team in their conference recruits from other schools.

Northern does not recruit. Kids want to play for a winner and when don't work where they are they leave. Northern is like the Oakland Raiders of old when Madden was the coach. He could take players that other coaches could'nt handle or did'nt like and give them a place where they could showcase their talent. Everyone that I know of that transfered in do so because they could'nt get along with the coaches or did like them or their system. Say what you want, you going to say it anyway or at least until you can beat us then it won't matter to you. Again, we have 1 to 2 high profile athletes a year but don't you have to play with the other 9? Guess where they come from...the JV. Don't yall worry none you day is coming but you gonna have to wait awhile longer.
'
Being in the NWG/NEG/Northern area and watching HS Football for the last 30 plus years I know a lot about Northern NE and NW. I've had friends coach on both Northern and NW teams and this is what they say. They say that as of late "Recruiting" especially in Guilford County is tougher than what it was back in 2008-2010. When Northern opened I actually heard several former players say that Northern coaches actually came to their house asked them to leave NE and got them into Northern. Now, the only one left from those teams is Roscoe. You are right Northern gets the recruiting/move in/Transfers like most teams in the area do....from the kids talking their friends into getting them to move. There is still a few assistant coaches on Northern who talk to players on other teams and yes it does happen at other schools but Northern seems to get the biggest named players to transfer.

Earnhardt, our depth should be much better this year. We did lack some depth last year, but we did not loose many of our skill athletes either though. We did loose some size up front and that is my biggest concern to replace. However, athletically we are very deep and have a couple kids moving up from the JV that are going to be players this year, not in the future. Like I mentioned before the sophomore that played QB on JV last year is a stud athlete. He should contribute big time this year on varsity as a receiver/ rb as well as a safety on defense. One of the more athletic teams we have had in several years. If we can just hold our own up front and avoid the injury bug.

I also appreciate the kind words about our program. Capps is a fine man and set the tone years ago at Western and built the program into a winner. Most of the coaches still there either coached with Capps while he was there or played for him including our head coach who coached with Capps for years. One thing they try to install in our young men is character and integrity. One thing that gets lost in a lot of programs, Especially the one located in Northern Guilford County!

It should never bother anyone to lose to a program such as Western Alamance. Snuffer is just like Hal Capps for the fact that he believes in playing within the rules and building character among his men. He doesn't take shortcuts. His program doesn't swipe players away from neighboring teams, either.

The great thing about playing within the rules is that you don't have to defend yourself against accusations.

warhead wrote......."You are right Northern gets the recruiting/move in/Transfers like most teams in the area do....from the kids talking their friends into getting them to move. There is still a few assistant coaches on Northern who talk to players on other teams and yes it does happen at other schools but Northern seems to get the biggest named players to transfer."

the last part of that is a fair statement from warhead about transfers into northern district but you need to get off this kick of NG coaches teaching kids to be unfair or cheating or promoting poor character. the players see people moving in for whatever reasons they have not because a coach asked them to. they know nothing of that and no one that has moved in has ever implied it. you can't talk about the character of our kids negatively. if you want to about roscoe go ahead but I see nothing about their on the field play that shows negative character as some may have implied. good kids from good families that have had the good fortune of being part of a successful program. Also only Mook Reynolds transfered in and became a star. he was not one before he got there. in fact if he had stayed at dudley he would not have gotten any playing time his sophomore year. ...his own words. .... the rest were at northern from the time it opened over at northeast. this does not include those that tried to transfer but we're not allowed.

Last edited:
warhead wrote......."You are right Northern gets the recruiting/move in/Transfers like most teams in the area do....from the kids talking their friends into getting them to move. There is still a few assistant coaches on Northern who talk to players on other teams and yes it does happen at other schools but Northern seems to get the biggest named players to transfer."

the last part of that is a fair statement from warhead about transfers into northern district but you need to get off this kick of NG coaches teaching kids to be unfair or cheating or promoting poor character. the players see people moving in for whatever reasons they have not because a coach asked them to. they know nothing of that and no one that has moved in has ever implied it. you can't talk about the character of our kids negatively. if you want to about roscoe go ahead but I see nothing about their on the field play that shows negative character as some may have implied. good kids from good families that have had the good fortune of being part of a successful program. Also only Mook Reynolds transfered in and became a star. he was not one before he got there. in fact if he had stayed at dudley he would not have gotten any playing time his sophomore year. ...his own words. .... the rest were at northern from the time it opened over at northeast. this does not include those that tried to transfer but we're not allowed.

Typical arrogant Northern Guilford attitude: "Yeah, we cheat, but don't call us out because we can hide behind the kids for our actions". You have essentially condoned cheating while not accepting any form of responsibility. What a horrible message to send to our kids.

Time and time again, kids enter the NG program from outside. Once NG stops recruiting, you won't hear a thing from the rest of us. Until then, you'll just have to deal with it.

I will say this, Northern coaches do get a lot out of their kids. They get the ball in the hands of their studs and their role players play way better than they actually are.

those role players are already pretty good is just that our stars just make them shine brighter!

those role players are already pretty good is just that our stars just make them shine brighter!
Yes, your 'role players' are pretty good lol!! We can just look at your awesome JV teams to figure that out lol!! What a joke of a program! And to say your kids are full of character is a joke as well. Do you even go to the games on Friday nights? How many 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalties do you guys average on Friday nights? Quite a few from the games I have seen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT