26. Garinger — 2289
27. Rolesville — 2288
28. Pinecrest — 2280
29. Reagan — 2264
30. Jordan — 2220
31. Northwest Guilford — 2215
32. Ballantyne Ridge — 2200

Last edited:
So Richmond, Butler, Independence, Weddington, New Bern, Grimsley, East Forsyth, and other strong programs would be out of the "Big 32"; and pushovers like Garinger, East Mecklenburg and many others that win 2 or 3 games in a good season would be in?

Sounds like State Championship football trophies would become worth the pot metal and plastic they are made of, and golf and tennis trophies may become more valuable. (That's not meant to say anything bad about individual sports, just that the BEST teams may not win in football, and other team sports.)

Last edited:
So Richmond, Butler, Independence, Weddington, New Bern, Grimsley, East Forsyth, and other strong programs would be out of the "Big 32"; and pushovers like Garinger, East Mecklenburg and many others that win 2 or 3 games in a good season would be in?

Sounds like State Championship football trophies would become worth the pot metal and plastic they are made of, and golf and tennis trophies may become more valuable. (That's not meant to say anything bad about individual sports, just that the BEST teams may not win in football, and other team sports.)
The thing I am wondering about with the "Big 32" is whether all 32 teams would make the playoffs regardless of record. Or, would only perhaps 16 or 24 get in? The NCHSAA does not always think things through ... Never even saw the ideas of a "Big 32" or "Little 32" coming. I see the potential here for a huge train wreck!!!

The thing I am wondering about with the "Big 32" is whether all 32 teams would make the playoffs regardless of record. Or, would only perhaps 16 or 24 get in? The NCHSAA does not always think things through ... Never even saw the ideas of a "Big 32" or "Little 32" coming. I see the potential here for a huge train wreck!!!
I

Is it really FAIR for 1800 to be paired with 3600...Whatever system they come up with SOMEONE WILL NOT BE HAPPY....Just get it done and lets move on.....Personally I like the Large 32 and Small 32 .....Play Private and Charter if U want , but NOT in the Playoffs.....

What about big and small 48 and other classes have around 56-57 schools?
I'm not sure about this, but that sounds a lot like the 4A and 4AA (and other classes) they did away with a few years ago. But it really sounds like a reasonable idea.

The decision to eliminate A and AA classes they made a few years ago sounds like it was an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Last edited:
They need to look at 1A being non football playing schools. That is currently 45-50 schools and will grow more each year as charters continue to be added.

2A-8A would have about 54 schools in each class. I would look at 2A and 8A having less schools to push 3A - 7A up but not sure the number.

I am not a fan of eight classes. I think it was ridiculous to jump from four to eight. I base this not on football but all sports.

Should have separated out football and all other sports for two alignments. Allow the football coaches more input as that sport has the most participation, the most coaches, draws the largest crowds, and scheduling is more difficult due to one game a week. If the NCHSAA wanted to get outside of the box that was the best option to push. I would have recommended six classifications with no subdividing.

The other sports could have been looked at but once again the first thing to do is determine how schools with a limted geographical district will be treated especially in the smaller classes. This would include schools that we consider to be "regular" public schools that allow students from outside the geographical district to play sports.

I'm with you - should have been 6 classes. If they wanted 8 they should have just stuck with 4 classes and subdivided the playoffs. Much easier to make conferences that way.

How about doing the "Little 32" in 1A and then possibly you could do football-only conferences for 1A/2A for those that play 11-man football? Have 2A-8A be about 58 schools each. You would have about 40 or so 11-man schools in 1A/2A.

Reactions: loveithere
8A is too many classes.....
Just give us the 4A back and subdivide the football play offs again.
Or 6 classes max....

Why such a drastic change so quickly? Go to 6A first and see how it works for 10 years.... and when more schools pop up in the future and an expansion is needed then move to 7 or 8. NCHSAA loves making people suffer.

Reactions: New3ra
8A is too many classes.....
Just give us the 4A back and subdivide the football play offs again.
Or 6 classes max....

Why such a drastic change so quickly? Go to 6A first and see how it works for 10 years.... and when more schools pop up in the future and an expansion is needed then move to 7 or 8. NCHSAA loves making people suffer.
Because this state cant get out of its own way. 6A seems like a good amount and keep 7A and 8A in the wings until you need it.

I haven't kept up much on this as I just assume it will become a FUBAR... Is the East West division gone? It seems like conferences will be all messed up and there will a lot more split conferences which is horrible the way they have been designed in the past as far as playoff seeding.

The fact that there will be a gazillion split conferences is a joke. Go to 6A and you might have 2 split conferences in the entire state. I have said it before and I will say it again give me a 6 pack and a hoagie from sheets and I could do a better job than this

The fact that there will be a gazillion split conferences is a joke. Go to 6A and you might have 2 split conferences in the entire state. I have said it before and I will say it again give me a 6 pack and a hoagie from sheets and I could do a better job than this
There's a brand new Sheetz just a mile from my house down here in Carthage. Come on down, I'll feed you, and we'll knock out this thing in 30 minutes!!! 😂🤣

• Haha
Reactions: AmosAlonzoStagg
There's a brand new Sheetz just a mile from my house down here in Carthage. Come on down, I'll feed you, and we'll knock out this thing in 30 minutes!!! 😂🤣
Dang you can get those 2 for $1 hotdogs at Sheetz and both of you eat for $2.

• Haha
Reactions: RD28327
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT