ADVERTISEMENT

Five teams that couldn't score on Freedom

While you are pretending 91.... assuming 91 is your class year... lets pretend Crest beat us one of
your years of high school. Pretend time is over 91, it didn't really happen! It will take away some
of the pain if you keep pretending my friend.

Fine! Do the history for us. What do your records show in the crest vs freedom rivalry. IF freedom is indeed ahead, do you honestly think they would be ahead if we face each other this year? If so, then why?

East Rowan bro. That's all I need. What's your excuse for our multiple championships. I want to know! Burns players? We've won without them. Shelby players? We've won without them. Chase players? We've won without them. So what is it?

Reactions: Earnhardt Forever
It's sad to be scared! One time I was, but then I saw Crest on the schedule!
!

Remember last year when Patsfball had that huge man-crush on the DC and claimed the only reason they won was because of the defense? And then when they lost to a 5-6 team by a 50-49 score, it was the HC/OC's fault for not having the team ready and for not scoring enough points (I guess an 8th touchdown would be a reasonable request by the best defense ever).

Also remember last year when the only 2 teams Freedom beat all year that had winning records got routed 52-14 and 47-0 in the first round of the playoffs? And then how the teams that routed them were both manhandled by double digits in the 2nd round of the playoffs?

I'll bet Crest is thanking their lucky stars they weren't foolish enough to schedule Freedom!

East Rowan bro. That's all I need. What's your excuse for our multiple championships. I want to know! Burns players? We've won without them. Shelby players? We've won without them. Chase players? We've won without them. So what is it?

Patsfball has mysteriously ignored the fact that Freedom hasn't even been to the state championship game while Crest has won 5 state championships.

Why any Freedom fan would think they could trash talk an elite program such as Crest is beyond my comprehension. That would be like Garinger picking on Indy for not winning any state championships for the last 8 seasons.

Remember last year when Patsfball had that huge man-crush on the DC and claimed the only reason they won was because of the defense? And then when they lost to a 5-6 team by a 50-49 score, it was the HC/OC's fault for not having the team ready and for not scoring enough points (I guess an 8th touchdown would be a reasonable request by the best defense ever).

Also remember last year when the only 2 teams Freedom beat all year that had winning records got routed 52-14 and 47-0 in the first round of the playoffs? And then how the teams that routed them were both manhandled by double digits in the 2nd round of the playoffs?

I'll bet Crest is thanking their lucky stars they weren't foolish enough to schedule Freedom!
Jumbo, Good to hear you're still alive. You have been so crammed up Coach Allen over the
past 5 years we thought you had suffocated.

Lol at that time Crest and Freedom met in the playoffs. Pats were already in trouble with the regular season being over and all.

Crest and Freedom also played in the 1977 and 1978 seasons with Freedom beating Crest both times.

For a team that supposedly has "beat Crest like a drum", Freedom doesn't even have a winning record in the series!

Let's recap once again:

Crest has 5 state football championships, Freedom has none.

Crest has been to 9 state championship games. Freedom hasn't sniffed the state championship game.

If you are going to talk trash, it's best to be able to back up your lip instead of cherry picking a four games in the series.

I think I counted 11-6 Crest over Freedom in the series since 1980...suck it.
You're right 91, as of late Freedom has lost a few to the the Chargers. Notice I said Chargers, and not Crest.
See, back in the day when Crest and Freedom would meet it would be a nice battle between Boiling
Springs (Crest) and Morganton (Freedom). History books say Freedom owned Crest for years...
I must admit, Freedom is the cause of, first county wide,then statewide recruiting at Crest. So what was lost
was the good ol days when Freedom played Crest..... now it would be Freedom vs NC High - aka Crest.
Anytime Crest is up to playing Freedom again, the drum will still be beating! You keep recruiting and we will stick to hometown football.

Crest and Freedom also played in the 1977 and 1978 seasons with Freedom beating Crest both times.

For a team that supposedly has "beat Crest like a drum", Freedom doesn't even have a winning record in the series!

Let's recap once again:

Crest has 5 state football championships, Freedom has none.

Crest has been to 9 state championship games. Freedom hasn't sniffed the state championship game.

If you are going to talk trash, it's best to be able to back up your lip instead of cherry picking a four games in the series.
Forget your state championships for one second Nascar and think Crest vs Freedom.
Call it cherry pickin if you like but 3 out 4 is pretty convincing. Come on up to
to the stadium by the river and we will remind you what the drum sounds like!
By the way, when Rulz quits crying, tell him I said to shut Up.

Forget your state championships for one second Nascar and think Crest vs Freedom.
Call it cherry pickin if you like but 3 out 4 is pretty convincing. Come on up to
to the stadium by the river and we will remind you what the drum sounds like!
By the way, when Rulz quits crying, tell him I said to shut Up.

It's simple math: 5 championships are more than 0 championships.

11 wins is more than 8 wins.

Crest has 5 state championships while Freedom hasn't even sniffed the championship game. Crest leads the series 11 to 8.

BTW, telling someone to shut up is about the rudest thing a person can do. I guess they don't teach manners over at Freedom High School.

3 out of 4 convincing? Hardly. How about 5 out of 5? Since you want to cherry pick, I'll do the same thing. Crest defeated Freedom in 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, and 1997 with an accumulative score of 129 to 39.

Only twice has Freedom ever defeated Crest by more than 7 points. Crest, on the other hand, has made the Patriots scream for their mommies on multiple occasions.

Come back and chat with us when Freedom wins a state championship....

It's simple math: 5 championships are more than 0 championships.

11 wins is more than 8 wins.

Crest has 5 state championships while Freedom hasn't even sniffed the championship game. Crest leads the series 11 to 8.

BTW, telling someone to shut up is about the rudest thing a person can do. I guess they don't teach manners over at Freedom High School.

3 out of 4 convincing? Hardly. How about 5 out of 5? Since you want to cherry pick, I'll do the same thing. Crest defeated Freedom in 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, and 1997 with an accumulative score of 129 to 39.

Only twice has Freedom ever defeated Crest by more than 7 points. Crest, on the other hand, has made the Patriots scream for their mommies on multiple occasions.

Come back and chat with us when Freedom wins a state championship....
My response to this is a couple post up. The NC Chargers have defeated Freedom
several times, but Crest only a couple. Relax racecar, Crest is known as the best
recruiting high school in NC. They are all alone at the top with this one.

Last edited:
BTW does Crest have 2 trophie cases to house all that bling?
One for Crest and one for the new, multiple school team
known as NC Chargers?

Jumbo, Good to hear you're still alive. You have been so crammed up Coach Allen over the
past 5 years we thought you had suffocated.
5 years? I'd never heard of the guy until the yahoos from Waynesville started trashing him before he even arrived at the school. I just thought he was treated unfairly (I'd never seen a petition to fire a coach within 2 days of his hiring before), and I thought you were being unfair to him at Freedom. I have still never met the guy. However, I'm taking your advice and not defending Allen anymore: it's HIS fault as OC/HC that the DC had NO CLUE how to stop a 5-6 team from scoring 50 on Freedom in the 1st round last year. See, I'm agreeing with you that he's not going to win you a state title (just like every other coach you've ever had and most likely will ever have).

Since our discussions last year, I realized you should probably just be left alone to continue to mouth the utter nonsense that spews forth. Like your stuff about that awesome (((snicker))) Freedom Patriot (((giggle))) DEFENSE that was better than Crest's (((BWAHAHAHAHA))) last year. I mean, I can't make you look more ridiculous than you do on your own.

By the way, congrats on those wins over Crest that you cited from the early 90s. You do realize that seniors on those teams are in their 40s now, yet that is all you have to hang your hat on?

My response to this is a couple post up. The NC Chargers have defeated Freedom
several times, but Crest only a couple. Relax racecar, Crest is known as the best
recruiting high school in NC. They are all alone at the top with this one.

Let me repeat: Crest has 5 state championships, Freedom has none. Every time you post your crap, I'll remind you of this fact (Hint: stop lying!).

Your spin about Crest is laughable....and very untrue.

If I was you, I'd try and concentrate on beating the teams in your wimpy conference. The Patriots showed their real colors last year when they "spit the bit" against East Rowan. Of course, most of us that understand the game of football had an inkling that the Patriots were nothing but warm dish water.

known as NC Chargers?

Tell the truth. Crest has 5 state championship trophies, Freedom has ZERO.

Five for Crest, ZERO for the Patriots.

This is a simple truth, and you simply can't spin your program out of its irrelevance.

known as NC Chargers?
Pats your QB, that played for Hickory last year, is a great player.

LMAO...that pretty much slapped Pat's back to earth.

I really don't think he's a Freedom fan. If he is, the Patriot police should arrest him, place him in the cell, and throw away the key. I think he's an East Burke fan (or some other irrelevant Burke County fan) that's impersonating a Freedom fan.

Nice try Lawn dog. Funny how you never mentioned his ability after our 7on7.
Matter of fact you said he looked kinda sluggish or something starting out.
Nevertheless we'll take the compliment!

I honestly do not know who this guy is. He talks about all his knowledge of Freedom Football, He may know football or may not. I dont know. I dont personally think a coach is going openly say they will beat any team by 3 tds. I hope his reflection does not make us TRUE Freedom supporter look bad. I do think Freedom will have a good season this year and I will also say it is not our fault we have to play the other two schools in the county or how the conference is. As for transfers it happens all over the state.

Nice try Lawn dog. Funny how you never mentioned his ability after our 7on7.
Matter of fact you said he looked kinda sluggish or something starting out.
Nevertheless we'll take the compliment!
I think you missed the point friend. The dude played @ Hickory last year. Maybe It's the NC Patriots.

Last edited:
If you build it they will come. Happened at Indy, happens at Charlotte Catholic, it happens everywhere. If you suck they will leave. If your good they will come one way or the other plain and simple.

I honestly do not know who this guy is. He talks about all his knowledge of Freedom Football, He may know football or may not. I dont know. I dont personally think a coach is going openly say they will beat any team by 3 tds. I hope his reflection does not make us TRUE Freedom supporter look bad. I do think Freedom will have a good season this year and I will also say it is not our fault we have to play the other two schools in the county or how the conference is. As for transfers it happens all over the state.
Heelfan28655 time for you to put up. If you are a true Patriot speak up for the program.
You have been a member on Rivals for 10 years and never posted till this week.
Your post have been about me and pretty much nothing else. This causes me to question
your real loyalty to Freedom. I promise you I grew up in Morganton, graduated at Freedom,
and love the program. Aside from cutting up with the other posters - several are good friends -
I post only facts about Freedom athletics. If I say it about Freedom and you find it's not true
I will be the first to admit it. You have 28655 as part of your member name. We all know
28655 takes in all of Morganton - Patton included, and even the outskirts of Drexel (Draughn).
28655 says you could be from 1 of 3 schools. Which is it my friend?

5 years? I'd never heard of the guy until the yahoos from Waynesville started trashing him before he even arrived at the school. I just thought he was treated unfairly (I'd never seen a petition to fire a coach within 2 days of his hiring before), and I thought you were being unfair to him at Freedom. I have still never met the guy. However, I'm taking your advice and not defending Allen anymore: it's HIS fault as OC/HC that the DC had NO CLUE how to stop a 5-6 team from scoring 50 on Freedom in the 1st round last year. See, I'm agreeing with you that he's not going to win you a state title (just like every other coach you've ever had and most likely will ever have).

Since our discussions last year, I realized you should probably just be left alone to continue to mouth the utter nonsense that spews forth. Like your stuff about that awesome (((snicker))) Freedom Patriot (((giggle))) DEFENSE that was better than Crest's (((BWAHAHAHAHA))) last year. I mean, I can't make you look more ridiculous than you do on your own.

By the way, congrats on those wins over Crest that you cited from the early 90s. You do realize that seniors on those teams are in their 40s now, yet that is all you have to hang your hat on?
Coach Allen says Hi Jumbo!:p

LMAO...that pretty much slapped Pat's back to earth.

I really don't think he's a Freedom fan. If he is, the Patriot police should arrest him, place him in the cell, and throw away the key. I think he's an East Burke fan (or some other irrelevant Burke County fan) that's impersonating a Freedom fan.
Earnhardt, you need to change your user name to Waltrip - motormouth. You're
probably one of the new, modern race fans who say do away with the flag and make
room for diversity. You are a clown my friend.... a clown.

I can assure you that I am a Freedom Grad. Class of 1999. Like I have said I went to school with one of the best running backs to come through Freedom. If you want me to ask something about the program, I have one from you right here, who is Freedoms all time leading rusher as of right now.

Earnhardt, you need to change your user name to Waltrip - motormouth. You're
probably one of the new, modern race fans who say do away with the flag and make
room for diversity. You are a clown my friend.... a clown.

Sorry troll, you are simply trying to bait and switch the topic of discussion which is Freedom's irrelevance in comparison to Crest.

As a recap: Crest has 5 state championships. Freedom has yet to sniff the state championship game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT