ADVERTISEMENT

Draughn @ Thomasville- Let the smack talk begin!

Tville or Draughn

• Thomasville

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • Draughn

Votes: 35 57.4%

• Total voters
If you can read You'll see I never said that you mentioned any of them site.
So you’re the teacher in this scenario? Whew got it…
And there you go again insinuating I can’t read. I responded to “jumping the gun on ER” remark, which when put in context with the other countless posts from people up your way predicting ER loss against all teams they play. While that is a huge generalization on my part to group all “mountain” posters into such a specialized anti ER sect it is not without merit.
How was that sentence? Not bad for a guy who can’t read huh?

Yep Tarboro should just go ahead and forfeit we stand no chance against the mighty West. At least that's what I'm seeing on here
I don't know about on here but most people I talk to about high school football like at Mitchell games do believe overall in 1A that the West is stronger than the East as a whole but that again is just opinion and without multiple games between East and West outside of the championship can't be proved but in the same breath these same people will say that all the East needs is Tarboro and that the West just plays for second place.
But that's why you play the game and time will only tell if that holds true this year.

I don't know about on here but most people I talk to about high school football like at Mitchell games do believe overall in 1A that the West is stronger than the East as a whole but that again is just opinion and without multiple games between East and West outside of the championship can't be proved but in the same breath these same people will say that all the East needs is Tarboro and that the West just plays for second place.
But that's why you play the game and time will only tell if that holds true this year.
That’s a valid opinion and I’m sure there
some truth to it - but I can also make an argument that if it wasn’t for split divisions the last time the 1A west would have won a state championship would’ve been in 2012 when Swain won 1AA and 2019 East Surry.

In my opinion the only years Tarboro didn’t play somebody better in the 1A East playoffs than a west team in the state championship was 2017 Mount Airy and 2019 East Surry.

That’s a valid opinion and I’m sure there
some truth to it - but I can also make an argument that if it wasn’t for split divisions the last time the 1A west would have won a state championship would’ve been in 2012 when Swain won 1AA and 2019 East Surry.

In my opinion the only years Tarboro didn’t play somebody better in the 1A East playoffs than a west team in the state championship was 2017 Mount Airy and 2019 East Surry.
Good point. It changes from different realignments and how the playoffs there was a time where it was which SMC team was going to win it this year. I'm mainly speaking to today's.
But I would also add during the split the East also had some teams that's moved to 2A mainly Wallace Rose. There are some who will take exception to this but I believe the year Mitchell lost to Wallace Rose in the AA that even Mitchell would have beaten the A winner.

Last edited:
We're actually supposed to get some snow flurries next Sunday morning as of right now.
Sitting in the mid 60's Friday in Valdese watching the game wasn't much cooler up in Bakerville then this morning defrosting snow off the car to go to church.
Actually been one of the warmest football seasons I've seen.
Roan Mtn 5,000 ft was 18° with snow below a Facebook link of the Mitchell county sheriff's department where they took a photo....

Last edited:
Bulldogs defense has averaged 8.6 points a game this year and I know Draughn is nowhere as athletic as Sailsbury overall. The two Bulldog RB's are well over 1000 yards each and the QB is hard to stop on open field. Thomasville will bring pressure on the edge like Draughn has not seen this year and make the 6'7 stick run with the ball and he will be bottled up and tackled.
Y’all learned nothing from last year

I guess I didn’t. Might be because it’s not last year. Refresh my memory though, what was the Thomasville @ Mitchell score, I’m sure it’s known on here. Was it a 4 td loss as so many predict it will be against Draughn?

Mitchell doesn't have a back like Thomasville. He's not a fatty 235lbs. The one thing Thomasville did that could be the undoing is not much offense in the 1st half outside of their first drive against Swain. They can't afford to start flat and figure it out in the 2nd half.
Evidently you never saw Girrusso he is 5 11 probably 220 and a load we should have kept running him the name game killed Mitchell this year

Bulldogs defense has averaged 8.6 points a game this year and I know Draughn is nowhere as athletic as Sailsbury overall. The two Bulldog RB's are well over 1000 yards each and the QB is hard to stop on open field. Thomasville will bring pressure on the edge like Draughn has not seen this year and make the 6'7 stick run with the ball and he will be bottled up and tackled.
You gotta put up big points to beat Draughn high scoring team

I guess I didn’t. Might be because it’s not last year. Refresh my memory though, what was the Thomasville @ Mitchell score, I’m sure it’s known on here. Was it a 4 td loss as so many predict it will be against Draughn?
By the way no disrespect to your kids, staff or fans by the 28 point loss for you I am predicting Draughn reminds me of the Boaz Surry team in a sense not that good but reminds me of them, I honestly dont think Thomasville can score enough to beat them, I hope I am wrong but this All county team as BK calls em is loaded lol

I saw on another site that Draughn QB will be at Shelby next year. I have no clue if it's true.

So if you hear something that could possibly be true you can't ask? I can I know until I ask. It sure seems like something that could happen look as recent transfers.

That's why I asked but I act like no body should ask. Confirming is how you stop fake news.

So now someone post a “fake News” meme on here with Trump on it

“you are fake neussss” lol

I have a feeling Draughn will get a heavy dose of that FB and he will wear you down. The boy knows how to run the ball hard and bringing him down will take more than one guy. On the defensive side, I expect Thomasville will have their hands full and I'll be interested to see what they do to contain that RB. I wasn't impressed with any of the secondary for Thomasville. Swain converted two fake punts passing where it was 100% obvious we weren't punting and Thomasville even lined up like they knew it was coming, but didn't cover the receivers.

Draughn had the athletes to win, but Thomasville could drag this out with ground game come away with the win. The easiest way to make sure a team doesn't score is to make sure they don't get the ball. I've seen less talented teams beat All-Star teams before simply by being out-coached.
On the punt THS was playing the deep throwback pass they had shown on film. Didn't really matter if they dumped it into space on the fake. The Dogs could run them down.

I see that Draughn opponents have a combined 29 wins this year compared to 92 losses. Have they even been challenged? I can see the overconfidence now, keep looking ahead to Andrews -
Mitchell lost to 3 teams this year with a combined 2 losses. Watauga by 7. And people forget Watauga beat maiden and their only losses were to burns and a guilford team in playoffs. To Andrew’s in a relatively competitive game. Andrew’s is still undefeated. Draughn boat raced us twice. The whc in 2020 put a team in the 2a state championship game. In 2021 a team in the 1a state championship.

Serious question about the Draughn QB. Kid is very good so who is looking at him for college ball? With his height and athletic ability surely he has offers or looks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT