ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 8

Don't get the connection ur making 😂
I woke up one night/morning around 2 AM and turned on the TV. They were talking about anxiety, people worrying about things and such. This talking head from some college in Europe was speaking about the ways people dealt with worry and uneasiness. She said too may times people would just keep their fears to themselves which was a term coined by Sigmund Freud called suppression, and as I took it, it's not a healthy thing to do. The way to handle it, according to her, was by talking it out,

Then she said, too often people are reluctant to discuss worrisome things for fear of appearing fragile or maybe burdening someone with their problems, and that in an effort to ease their anxiety they would re-author the narrative (using something connected to what caused their anxiety) to be able to discuss it, thus finding some relief in that. This, according to her, is very temporary, and no substitute for opening up, expressing what causes concern and having a frank discussion.

Everybody on here takes football seriously, but in my opinion after reading many of your posts, I don't think anyone takes it more serious than you, and is more burdened after a loss. So, being that Bandys is a passing team and seeing some of these posters picking Bandys, I just wondered if it might cause you some, well, anxiety, and you were maybe re-authoring the narrative instead of "suppressing", which the woman said was some better but still not as helpful as openness. I mean, you were talking about Ashe County and Newton-Conover. Even if you didn't raise the issue, you did, well, chime in. Just thought I could help out.🤠

Last edited:
I woke up one night/morning around 2 AM and turned on the TV. They were talking about anxiety, people worrying about things and such. This talking head from some college in Europe was speaking about the ways people dealt with worry and uneasiness. She said too may times people would just keep their fears to themselves which was a term coined by Sigmund Freud called suppression, and as I took it, it's not a healthy thing to do. The way to handle it, according to her, was by talking it out,

Then she said, too often people are reluctant to discuss worrisome things for fear of appearing fragile or maybe burdening someone with their problems, and that in an effort to ease their anxiety they would re-author the narrative (using something connected to what caused their anxiety) to be able to discuss it, thus finding some relief in that. This, according to her, is very temporary, and no substitute for opening up, expressing what causes concern and having a frank discussion.

Everybody on here takes football seriously, but in my opinion after reading many of your posts, I don't think anyone takes it more serious than you, and is more burdened after a loss. So, being that Bandys is a passing team and seeing some of these posters picking Bandys, I just wondered if it might cause you some, well, anxiety, and you were maybe re-authoring the narrative instead of "suppressing", which the woman said was some better but still not as helpful as openness. I mean, you were talking about Ashe County and Newton-Conover. Even if you didn't raise the issue, you did, well, chime in. Just thought I could help out.🤠
And every man has to carry his burdens

And every man has to carry his burdens
A big thumbs up to you, my friend. I've seen that before, it's in the Bible. Not sure where, but it's there.
BY the way, Every time I hear or see something about psychology, Sigmund Freud comes up. He must have been very famous. Sometimes I wonder if famous people don't have times that they just want to get away.

Wonder if that ever happened to him. If so, all he would have had to do would be drop the d on the end of his first name and make it his last name; Then make his last name his first and change it to something that sounds like it, namely Floyd of Lloyd, move to eastern Lincoln or Catawba County and he'd fit right in with all the sigmons, sigmans, sigmuns, that live there. Welcome to our new relative, Pete's son, Floyd Sigmun. They're all from there.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
@Lincolnton good thing u typed that because if u spoke it. I'd be worried we would have to put u on oxygen 😂😂
Oh, hey ! at the Bandys Game, last Friday, I lost my voice and couldn't catch my breath. Didn't say anything about it around here, but I think I had an out-of-body experience. People say when that happens, sometimes, they have an encounter with great people like sages, pundits and Guru's from the ancient world. My encounter was with this man named named Bud, who was a mechanic in Gastonia, back in the 1950's. He had a really nasty attitude and kept saying "I ain't got time".

Woke up, couldn’t sleep, what was trapped in my mind was how we gonna get a gate sale for this BH beat down we bout to see in Icard. Not much comments on this game either.

I figured they was setting up for a good half time show. This time I believe we have Fud Peppers and Rudy Lamafama gonna sing “Meth smoking woman in love with a Copper stealing man” ole Rudy depending on a good gage sale cause booster club rasing money to help replace his false teeth he lost when he sneezed and tney come flying out and hit the ground and 3 front teeth got broke

My additional rant and rave of EB

Word is we got a great Soph class, and a heck of a freshman that will be a 1st team All Conf player if he bulks up, trains and keeps his head on right. Seen way too many potentials at EB fall of cause of laziness, women, and life in general.

With our JVs it’s my understanding that they’ve had close losses like the varsity some of which shouldn’t have happened and we’re easy fixes. We get those fixed and boys hitting the weights we may just have something next year and year after BUT…you can’t replace Fraley and KJ. 2 boys that are track legends and can play some skill set football when healthy. Dellinger, is another one. I’ve heard his name way more this year than last. I say all that to say this, next years team won’t be as special as what this years coulda been if the injuries weren’t there but the same intensity will be or should be on the field next season. What I’m afraid is the other teams will have the same. And my goodness I hope we don’t lose any youngins to Draughn. Kinda wondering why Patton been so bad…hmmm LOL And someone DID say Draughn will reload. Nonsense, who is gonna replace that QB and 2 or 3 big linemen? The jvs have been kicked around and look like Highland Tech out there so what’s he talking bout lol

Burke folks is this well said or is there more to it?
Daughn losses all their offence and the Jv team looks weak their middle school has got better that will help!!

Reactions: Burkeforreal
My additional rant and rave of EB

Word is we got a great Soph class, and a heck of a freshman that will be a 1st team All Conf player if he bulks up, trains and keeps his head on right. Seen way too many potentials at EB fall of cause of laziness, women, and life in general.

With our JVs it’s my understanding that they’ve had close losses like the varsity some of which shouldn’t have happened and we’re easy fixes. We get those fixed and boys hitting the weights we may just have something next year and year after BUT…you can’t replace Fraley and KJ. 2 boys that are track legends and can play some skill set football when healthy. Dellinger, is another one. I’ve heard his name way more this year than last. I say all that to say this, next years team won’t be as special as what this years coulda been if the injuries weren’t there but the same intensity will be or should be on the field next season. What I’m afraid is the other teams will have the same. And my goodness I hope we don’t lose any youngins to Draughn. Kinda wondering why Patton been so bad…hmmm LOL And someone DID say Draughn will reload. Nonsense, who is gonna replace that QB and 2 or 3 big linemen? The jvs have been kicked around and look like Highland Tech out there so what’s he talking bout lol

Burke folks is this well said or is there more to it?
I think the Vue kid will be the QB for next two years he had an arm just has to get a little tougher!! We will be fine!!

Daughn losses all their offence and the Jv team looks weak their middle school has got better that will help!!
I don’t figure Draughn will be a thing next year. Might be in 3 years. One of my cousins kids is a 7th grader on the Heritage team. Dude is getting big and is already looking at me eye to eye. Not that I’m tall I’m only 5’8 lol. They say they doing pretty good but that’s nothing to gage on. Hertiage has had big time seasons bout a decade or so ago and beat Freedoms 2 middle schools only to get thrashed when the same kids met toe to toe 2 and 3 years later as high schoolers.

I looked at MaxPreps on Draughns JVs. They get beat by 35 pts or more a game. Immediate future don’t look promising. For EB it ought to if you say this soph class is a hit, just has to fix a few things that should be easy

Vue has a better arm and is taller. Rees was running the ball in Middle from the QB spot.
Didn’t Rees set the Burke co record for 8th grade 100 meter dash in track?

We HAD a nasty backfield that was already on paper the same or better than rest of conference. Dellinger is getting it done and is the last of the 4 headed Dragon of a backfield but he can’t do it all, he gets tired and defenses key in on em. Why wouldn’t they smh.

Fraley is back, will he be a slot receiver/DB in this game? If they can develop a pass play just for him and BH defense gets out of place they might get a TD or 2 from it. Or sling it and he get underneath it. He’s got the legs to make it happen

Last edited:
Didn’t Rees set the Burke co record for 8th grade 100 meter dash in track?

We HAD a nasty backfield that was already on paper the same or better than rest of conference. Dellinger is getting it done and is the last of the 4 headed Dragon of a backfield but he can’t do it all, he gets tired and defenses key in on em. Why wouldn’t they smh.

Fraley is back, will he be a slot receiver/DB in this game? If they can develop a pass play just for him and BH defense gets out of place they might get a TD or 2 from it. Or sling it and he get underneath it. He’s got the legs to make it happen
yes think so to the Rees question. not sure on the Fraley question!!

Last edited:
Excuse me for interjecting but I just had to share the “word on the street I heard”

@maidencreek, unlike the vast majority of maiden fans, eats hot sauce on his toenail clippings when the rest use ranch dressing

According to Lincolnton that is

Carry on !!!
@Lincolnton is this true or is @Shelby Lion trying to stir our blue pots?

@Lincolnton is this true or is @Shelby Lion trying to stir our blue pots?
LOL, my friend, I'd never contradict the Great Shelby Lion, after all, he is king of the pride. On top of that, I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of The Amazing Creek, who is one of NC Preps most beloved posters...Trying to recall how MC seasons snacks with a crispy texture. It does seem like he uses hot sauce on those chicken liver he always orders, and I did hear that at a company Christmas soiree (Him being a senior executive and all) that one of the hors d'oeuvres was goat cheese and salami stuffed dates on a Carr's Table Water Cracker, and he came out of his coat pocket with a bottle of Cholula to season them up... Now, the way I see it, the toenails would have nearly the exact same texture, smell and flavor as the above mentioned appetizer, so there could be something to it...Oh, and about whether I said it, if I did it was during one of my mini-strokes.:D

Lincolnton 19. West Caldwell 6
East Lincoln 20. Foard 6 Uhhh Lord
West Lincoln didn’t put their score on MaxPreps. Probably means they lost.
North Lincoln 41. St. Stephens. 26

Last edited:
WK 5 MatchupsSIMMONSCALPREPSMASSEYAVG
B @ MM +1B +1M +17Maiden by 5
BH @ EBBH +30BH +26BH +21Bunker Hill by 25
L @ WCL +46L +42L +35Lincolnton by 41
WL @ NCWL +13WL +13WL +8West Lincoln by 11

Consensus RankCVACAVG Rank
1BUNKER HILL 🐻 1.0
2WEST LINCOLN2.0
3LINCOLNTON3.4
4MAIDEN4.2
5BANDYS4.4
6NEWTON6.0
7EAST BURKE7.0
8WEST CALDWELL8.0

Last edited:
Hmm, that’s pretty interesting. Did’t think you’d have it that close. In my picks I had the Blue Devils by 1, but today I was thinking of what might be the score and numbers like you got kept coming to mind, but on second thought, if the Blue Devils running game is clicking the Trojans defense will really have to step up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT