102 Tackles 4 INT
Will Ross
99 Tackles
Aiden Ramirez
3 sacks
Jack Milford
3 sacks

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Looks like it’s gonna be a lot closer than the regular season game. Numbers are fun to look at but in rivalries such as this, I’m not sure they tell us a lot. Both teams have a good idea what to expect.
GO BIG RED!

I think Blee came in the first game of the season. If not I’m pretty sure he was starting by week 2. Yes it was due to injuries to the starter.

Rematches are tough but more times than not, the team that won game 1 wins game 2. I am looking forward to seeing the Crest offense this week. Game 1 weather was less than ideal for what Crest runs. Huskey struggled adjusting to the 40 mph wind going into it or with it. Crest must take care of the football and capitalize when opportunities present themselves. Can't let South Point extend a lead. When they do, it just makes that mountain huge as they burn up the clock. Both teams have gotten better since the last meeting. Red Bone vs Wide open. 2 teams getting it done in different ways. Crest vs South Point round 3. Good times!

Last game will be distant past this Friday. SP won 35-13 earlier this year fellers, that’s just a fact. Up three scores, they actually won pretty comfortably, on the scoreboard that is. However, what I remember was a pic in the end zone, a no call PI that ended a drive, and a dropped touchdown(all for Crest). Factor in several over thrown balls and the fact that Crest was able to steal a possession with the onside after half….. Simply put, it may have been the closes 35-13 game I’ve ever seen. It would be real easy for me to see a back and forth shootout come this Friday. I hope the Raiders have improved more than the Chargers and come ready to play.

I think Blee came in the first game of the season. If not I’m pretty sure he was starting by week 2. Yes it was due to injuries to the starter.
I forgot about 12 getting hurt against us. I just didn’t realize at the time that his replacement was a freshman. Glad Phifer was able to come back and help the team.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I am curious to see what Crest does differently this game. The first game was also the first game for the Crest head coach against South Point. I am sure he will add a couple of wrinkles to his scheme for this upcoming game against the Raiders after seeing them up close and personal. SP is going to do what they do. The key for Crest is to limit the the ‘A’ back of SP. It should be a great crowd in Belmont Friday night.

Key on #7 and #30 will beat ya. Key on #30 and #7 will beat ya. Don’t respect the possibility of a pass and the receivers will beat ya. The wing backs have stepped up their production as well. It’s a beautiful thing when the Red Bine is working.
GO BIG RED !

Key on #7 and #30 will beat ya. Key on #30 and #7 will beat ya. Don’t respect the possibility of a pass and the receivers will beat ya. The wing backs have stepped up their production as well. It’s a beautiful thing when the Red Bine is working.
GO BIG RED !
I do not think stopping SP all night long is really a reality for Crest. I think Crest must get a few stops and then the Crest offense has to get going. Crests offense can put pressure on SP just in a different way should it get going.

SP will double cover Green just like last time. They really have no choice in the matter. # 3 and #88 and #15 simply must be targeted and turned loose to make SP pay for that. Crest can and should run the ball enough to make SP make choices.

All that said. I have no clue what will happen. I know SP is a load and hopefully Crest decides to be one too. Hope for a great atmosphere a great game and to meet up with my friends from Belmont and laugh a little.

P.S. coondog is seadog's illegitimate child and coondog's real mother is that 310 pounder with cornrows that sits on our side smelling like gin and eating footlongs that she snuck in.

Rulz where do you usually meet the boys from Belmont? Or do they just come find you? I’d like to meet you if I can. We sit at the top beside the press box so the ups and downs will get you, if you know what I mean.

It should be a great crowd in Belmont Friday night.

I hope so. Went to several Crest games this year as the Shelby conference is just pathetic. Attended the first round of this several weeks back. I was incredibly disappointed in the crowd on the South Point side, especially for a game against Crest. My initial thought was...."are the South Point fans losing interest in football?" Maybe it was the windy weather...I don't know. Hoping to see a better crowd on that side tomorrow night.

Dynasty, Belmont ain’t what it use to be. A lot of us lint heads are either to old or to sick to come anymore. The town’s been taken over by a bunch of, pardon the language, YANKEES & and uppity folks that have changed about everything. Most would rather go downtown and sit and socialize and drink than go to a high school ball game. It’s getting to the point I don’t know anybody in town anymore.

Rulz where do you usually meet the boys from Belmont? Or do they just come find you? I’d like to meet you if I can. We sit at the top beside the press box so the ups and downs will get you, if you know what I mean.
Hey brother. ouduckfan just tells me where to be. He came over last game but I can come over that way at halftime. Hope to see as many of you clowns as I can but there isn't many of the old schoolers left over there.

coondog says he's going to be there too.

Look forward to it my friend. It's always fun going back and forth with you.

Last edited:
I don’t do the FB thing. As you know my posts sometimes rub people the wrong way. I know who ouduck is. We talked on here some when I first got on here. He will probably be a big help to his momma when he grows up, the poir little feller.😁 I think he sits or stands on the other side of the press box at the top. I’ll try to look him up before the game starts and get the plan.

I hope so. Went to several Crest games this year as the Shelby conference is just pathetic. Attended the first round of this several weeks back. I was incredibly disappointed in the crowd on the South Point side, especially for a game against Crest. My initial thought was...."are the South Point fans losing interest in football?" Maybe it was the windy weather...I don't know. Hoping to see a better crowd on that side tomorrow night.
Dynasty, Belmont ain’t what it use to be. A lot of us lint heads are either to old or to sick to come anymore. The town’s been taken over by a bunch of, pardon the language, YANKEES & and uppity folks that have changed about everything. Most would rather go downtown and sit and socialize and drink than go to a high school ball game. It’s getting to the point I don’t know anybody in town anymore.
Yea, 78 said it pretty accurately. The dynamic of Belmont has changed drastically over the last decade. Increasing amount of implants who are SP fans for (4) years while their kids attend vs. family tradition and families coming to games for a lifetime.

There are still some life-longers hanging in there but those generations are dwindling quickly.

Yea, 78 said it pretty accurately. The dynamic of Belmont has changed drastically over the last decade. Increasing amount of implants who are SP fans for (4) years while their kids attend vs. family tradition and families coming to games for a lifetime.

There are still some life-longers hanging in there but those generations are dwindling quickly.
That's truly sad. We are a different and dying breed my friend.

I've been going to Red Raider games ever since I was a kid. I was 12 years old in 1971 when SP and Salisbury played to a tie, for WNCHSAA championship. I was in Ahoskie in '79 when SP won 3 A state championship. Man, times have really changed and not for the good

SP had ten time more fans at Ahoskie than the home team had. As a matter of fact if the entire town show up I believe we would have still out numbered them. Now it seems SP does good to pull in 3 - 4 thousand at home. Remember when you couldn’t find a seat and the aluminum bleachers were in the end zone?

If I could get $350k for mine I might move to Boiling Springs. Y’all could use one more redneck couldn’t you.

Heck yeah! Question would be which high school program are you going to support?

I agree with the times changing. We have our die-hards at Shelby that attend every game, home and away, but the local crowds aren't what they used to be...until we get to about the 4th round of the playoffs or it's a county game. One of my uncles, QB of the 1970 Shelby team, recently moved back to town and attends games with us and he regularly talks about his disappointment in the crowds. I attribute it to just too many other things to do on a Friday night, but what is better than watching a high school football game?!?!

Heck yeah! Question would be which high school program are you going to support?

I agree with the times changing. We have our die-hards at Shelby that attend every game, home and away, but the local crowds aren't what they used to be...until we get to about the 4th round of the playoffs or it's a county game. One of my uncles, QB of the 1970 Shelby team, recently moved back to town and attends games with us and he regularly talks about his disappointment in the crowds. I attribute it to just too many other things to do on a Friday night, but what is better than watching a high school football game?!?!
Once a Raider, always a Raider. My son would have to be playing for me not to travel to Belmont every Friday no matter where I lived. I’d still pull for the Raiders and of course for him to have a good game.

It's the same way at Crest. We have a decent home crowd but nothing like it used to be. But it's a wine and cheese deal. The away crowd is smaller but that is the die-hards, well outside of the parents of the players.

I saw a 2 bedroom one bath house near me up for sale for $179,000 bucks and it's a cracker box. I couldn't believe it. I do not live in a mansion or even a big house, but it's just me and my wife and it's paid for. We paid it off in 16 years not the 30 they gave us. Every extra penny we made went toward paying it off. I thank God for that especially during these times.

There is one thing, thank God, that is still the same. We have been taking names and kicking Cleveland County arse since 1923!

I do not think stopping SP all night long is really a reality for Crest. I think Crest must get a few stops and then the Crest offense has to get going. Crests offense can put pressure on SP just in a different way should it get going.

SP will double cover Green just like last time. They really have no choice in the matter. # 3 and #88 and #15 simply must be targeted and turned loose to make SP pay for that. Crest can and should run the ball enough to make SP make choices.

All that said. I have no clue what will happen. I know SP is a load and hopefully Crest decides to be one too. Hope for a great atmosphere a great game and to meet up with my friends from Belmont and laugh a little.

P.S. coondog is seadog's illegitimate child and coondog's real mother is that 310 pounder with cornrows that sits on our side smelling like gin and eating footlongs that she snuck in.

Fake news! Don’t you remember? She was your date and she beat you in arm wrestling and tobacco spitting. After that she lost all respect for you and hooked up with chargerbacker.

Last game will be distant past this Friday. SP won 35-13 earlier this year fellers, that’s just a fact. Up three scores, they actually won pretty comfortably, on the scoreboard that is. However, what I remember was a pic in the end zone, a no call PI that ended a drive, and a dropped touchdown(all for Crest). Factor in several over thrown balls and the fact that Crest was able to steal a possession with the onside after half….. Simply put, it may have been the closes 35-13 game I’ve ever seen. It would be real easy for me to see a back and forth shootout come this Friday. I hope the Raiders have improved more than the Chargers and come ready to play.
Wasn’t a no call PI. You can face guard in HS football.

Y’all’s remember works a lot better than mine. I know SP won the game, that’s about it. Playoff games I remember even if they were years ago. I guess age got my short term memory and not my long term.⏰

Maybe you’re looking at a different play than I. I’m talking about the first play in the 4th quarter. Ain’t no face guarding to it, he just simply ran into and damn near over a receiver trying to come back to the ball. Now that is PI all day long. I don’t agree with the rule but it is what it is. SP got away wit one there. Wouldn’t have changed the outcome at all but it happen none the less. If it was up to me it wouldn’t ever be PI. I believe it’s crazy to reward a bad throw with a first down. Time and again I see an under thrown ball (a garbage pass) at all levels result in a penalty for the defense. I guess all you have to do to move the chains sometimes is SUCK.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT