ADVERTISEMENT

Crest fans, Mallard Creek needs 2 games

Next time you get on a thread and start babbling about the game. Try doing a little research 1st, or at least have the balls to admit you don't know what the Hell your talking about. :)
Ok. I don't know what I'm talking about? Rock Hill is about 30 minutes away. Not sure how much research is needed to make the call.

There are good programs up there. Compared to the level, quality and ability to what is found from TX to FL up to SC.....nothing comparable on that scale. Again....hundreds of programs that you can schedule that are nationally known for football in the SE. Call Colquitt County or whoever. Just one name out of over 100 schools that take football seriously and will play your team. If that's too far....Spartanburg and York counties aren't far away at all like I've continually said. You act like you have to fly to NJ for good football. You can drive 30-60 minutes to get whooped...you don't have to fly anywhere.

You really don't get it!

Ok. I don't know what I'm talking about? Rock Hill is about 30 minutes away. Not sure how much research is needed to make the call.

You keep preaching to the Choir, if your familiar with that saying? MC has been reaching out to programs on a National level for the last 3 years. NW included. Your knowledge of the process requires a lot of research.

DeBoer31, if NW is such big time then why did Charlotte Catholic with their white 5/9" CBs beat the ever living crap out of them in 2014?
In 2014, they had Dupree Hart and the little brother of Mason Rudolph cannot remember his name, but the kid was a play maker! Or are they only big time when they play S Pointe on ESPN 3 years ago?

You keep preaching to the Choir, if your familiar with that saying? MC has been reaching out to programs on a National level for the last 3 years. NW included. Your knowledge of the process requires a lot of research.
NO ONE in state wants to play Mallard Creek. I was surprised Catholic decided to do a home and home. Sure suicide and it basically was, but also don't forget MC is pressured by CMS to try and schedule in county schools over OOS schools. I've been told that twice by people in the MC program.
Scheduling OOS is not the easiest thing in the world. Just because a team has an open date doesn't mean they can fill it with an OOS team. There is travel expenses, logistics, etc. etc. that not all teams have time to figure out before their schedule needs to be done.
I for one have a ton of respect for MC for doing what they've done and trying to schedule better because it wasn't always like that and Nepsy will admit that, but now they're taking the steps necessary to be a national power. It won't happen over night, but watch in 2016 when they win their fourth straight title and see where they are in the polls. My guess is where they usually are Top 50 in nation maybe even higher.

DeBoer31, if NW is such big time then why did Charlotte Catholic with their white 5/9" CBs beat the ever living crap out of them in 2014?
In 2014, they had Dupree Hart and the little brother of Mason Rudolph cannot remember his name, but the kid was a play maker! Or are they only big time when they play S Pointe on ESPN 3 years ago?

Had a decent season this year.

Had a decent season this year.
But in 2014, were they just....average? They almost beat Byrnes that year. Think the score was 30-22 something like that?
NW is considered an elite team in SC and trust me it floored some people when Catholic waxed them a year ago. MC would've killed them too last year. Who knows this year, but NW/MC at District 3 stadium would be an excellent game with a bigger crowd from Charlotte than you think.

DeBoer31

Nobody from MC works on staff for USA.Today, Maxpreps, or Nationalhsfootball.com. For the last 3 years all have ranked MC in the top 10 Nationally pre-season.

Please explain how you're ranked nationally every year, but you have not established a National Brand?
Take your time and think about it. :)

Deboer.. I think it's pretty clear you don't have a real understanding of the process when it comes to scheduling national programs. That's OK..most people dont. It's a little more complex than just " call them".

You don't want to take the media's opinion because the weigh 120lbs but you clearly didn't even know NW lost to Byrnes last year. Now you just want to take shots at the program. Usually what happens when you don't have much information or facts on you side.

We will keep doing what we do and maybe at some point you will feel differently but like I said, the people who do see and rank schools nationally have a different opinion than yours.

But in 2014, were they just....average? They almost beat Byrnes that year. Think the score was 30-22 something like that?
NW is considered an elite team in SC and trust me it floored some people when Catholic waxed them a year ago. MC would've killed them too last year. Who knows this year, but NW/MC at District 3 stadium would be an excellent game with a bigger crowd from Charlotte than you think.

Might have been. I don't think there is any rule that high school programs have to dominate in consecutive years and still not be considered an elite program.

Yeah...great. Now...schedule 2 more nationally relevant teams to go along with regular conf. foes if you think you are nationally relevant. To BE nationally relevant you must BEAT a FEW nationally relevant teams in the same season. So, schedule a couple more Byrnes type programs from right in the state of SC.

SPe beat Vance last year. Yall beat Vance by 1? I know they're 3a...and yall might want to stick to SC 2as and all....but they might take the call.

NW beats Charlotte Catholic 38-17
MC beats Charlotte Catholic 52-7

What's your point? You are turning into the Titanic. You keep sinking. lol!

Might have been. I don't think there is any rule that high school programs have to dominate in consecutive years and still not be considered an elite program.
NW was an elite program because they've been an elite program for decades. Deboer at least from what I am taking was saying they weren't "that elite" because they lost to Byrnes...so what? It happens.

NW beats Charlotte Catholic 38-17
MC beats Charlotte Catholic 52-7

What's your point? You are turning into the Titanic. You keep sinking. lol!
Do you have to bring up that 2013 score again? LOL I think Samuels just scored another TD

Like you say - Dillon and Chester are 2a . Very fine programs.....but 2a. And didn't they have a little bit of trouble with Dillon? If so....stay up here and out of down there.

I wrote that Dillon was 2A. Chester was and I am sure still 3A. The year they lost to Mallard Creek they made it to the third round of the 3A playoffs. Chester was coached by former West Charlotte HC Maurice Flowers and that is how the game came together.

Ask Jonathan Bullard about playing those 6' 220 lb. OL Nepsy. You think he's good? He probably won't have anything but respect to utter. Still....I think I recall Indy during their great run...last time they came across the Catawba River and lost (or almost lost?) was to Crest. They never came back. We know what Charlotte and surrounding counties have. Yall don't know what's outside of Mecklenburg County and Fayetteville area basically. You play a team like SP, little old SP, and you may win but you may lose the next game b/c your OL/DL got beat up in front of your eyes and they don't have everything for the game after.

You are correct Crest beat Indy the second game of 2000. A lot of people question the incomplete pass. One play game. That Indy team started four seniors, ten juniors, and eight sophomores. All but one of the starters played at Indy the previous season. Indy was excited to play Crest in the regional final but the Chargers choked on a Bearcat tail in the regional semi final.

Believe me, the South Point I watched against Rocky Mount would not have did any damage to the MC linemen. May be some years but not in 2015. Very bad match up for the Raiders.

Reactions: Earnhardt Forever
I simply corrected your erroneous post. Want to have a discussion then try and get basic facts right. After that I can explain the difference between a question mark and exclamation point. Then you can go back to telling us about great football post 2007.

Yet the phone calls still go unanswered? Stop trying to divert! Play a Team with a Pulse. :)

A little info regarding Indy and national scheduling. They played five out of state games and had a sixth scheduled. Austin Tennessee was the defending 2A state champ and called Indy about their open date in 2001. Knotts did not really want to play the game as he felt it was a mismatch. 77-13 final score on a Saturday afternoon. It was a bench clearing practice for Indy.

Playing national games and traveling had not caught on as it has now. ESPN and Fox were not very generous with the money. I was told by an ESPN rep that they made more in advertising for a low level college D1A game than they would for a game matching two elite high school programs. They were also required to show a certain number of college games and were not very interested in high school games after the college season started.

After the 2001 season Knotts looked at the potential of a national game. Contacted DeLaSalle but they only did / do one travel game per year (which includes Southern Cal) and were set for a few years. The AD there was very helpful. Indy reached out to two Oklahoma schools, some Texas schoools, along with a few in Georgia, Florida, and Ohio. May have had some contact with a few schools in Louisiana. They found that money to cover the trip, logisitics, and scheduling the game were not very simple. Ended up scheduling two time defending SC Big 16 (as large 4A was known at the time) Spartanburg for the 2002 and 2003 season for a home and home. Spartanburg was down losing several close games. Indy had little trouble with them.

Byrnes the same open date as Indy in the 2006 season. Indy was open to doing a split the gate with a ticket setup like the ESPN game, no passes out, but would have settled for less. Byrnes opted for the Herbstreit and a game against Moeller. May be more national attention in Ohio but I would have taken the Indy game.

Knotts left after the state title game for Duke as did the AD. CMS basically stepped in and scheduled the 2004 and 2005 non conference. Indy contracted for a game at Madison County FL in 2008. Principal canceled the game due to potential hurricane hitting that area of Florida. He canceled it on Tuesday afternoon and I do not think he discussed it with Knotts. Weather was perfect that weekend. I went to the Western Carolina game at Florida State that Saturday and saw Lowndes County GA smoke an Atlanta team.

Indy beat South Pointe in Rock Hill in 2009. Clowney was a junior. SP won at Indy the next year in a close game. 2010 was the first year with Rocky River open and Knotts retired to SC so it was a different Indy but Indy's play calling late in the first half doomed them in a one td loss. Indy was 3-9 that season.

Herbstreit was somewhat of a farce. Promised a direct flight to Cincinnati leaving Charlotte at 11 am and a hotel in downtown Cincinnati. Stayed across the river in Kentucky which was ok. Ten days before the game they were told they would not have a direct flight and cut the number of seats back. Left Indy at 6:05 am, four hour layover in Atlanta, bus from Akron to Cincinnati. Arrived 13 hours later at UC for their walk through. Herbstreit said they had a deal with the airlines and would not give any money for any other transportation when Indy requested chartering two buses.

Knotts will tell you that he has traveled out of state three times (not including SC) and did not think the promises made were anywhere near fulfilled and contracts were broken. The promoter putting on the Herbstreit basically told them to take it or leave it. Most will tell you that there were some questionable calls in Allen, Louisville, and Cincinnati down the stretch that cost them. I think the main thing I noticed was that you need to make travel arrangements so your players are not extensively fatigued.

Last edited:
LMAO....well I was referring to the game itself. If you are talking about attendance....Byrnes holds all of 10k at least. So, if yall didn't bring anybody down there.....I guess it was at 8k with 7800 from Byrnes?

I was disappointed with the crowd at Byrnes. I expected a better turn out.

Yeah...great. Now...schedule 2 more nationally relevant teams to go along with regular conf. foes if you think you are nationally relevant. To BE nationally relevant you must BEAT a FEW nationally relevant teams in the same season. So, schedule a couple more Byrnes type programs from right in the state of SC.

SPe beat Vance last year. Yall beat Vance by 1? I know they're 3a...and yall might want to stick to SC 2as and all....but they might take the call.

As I said all year, which Vance shows up? Same with Mallard Creek to some extent. Injuries depleted Vance and with their depth issues they were always suspectible. South Pointe and Kannapolis. Later in the season MC, Hough, and Catholic.

I did not get to any Rock Hill area games this past season. I normally see a few games there. I asked a coach about NW and he said Miles Corpening was a stud. Corpening played in the Shrine Bowl. He moved to NW from Vance.

Last edited:
Yet the phone calls still go unanswered? Stop trying to divert! Play a Team with a Pulse. :)

What does have to do with Indy playing out of state teams or your inability to understamd basic punctuation differences? We will add basic logic and reasoning to future discussions.

A little info regarding Indy and national scheduling. They played five out of state games and had a sixth scheduled. Austin Tennessee was the defending 2A state champ and called Indy about their open date in 2001. Knotts did not really want to play the game as he felt it was a mismatch. 77-13 final score on a Saturday afternoon. It was a bench clearing practice for Indy.

Playing national games and traveling had not caught on as it has now. ESPN and Fox were not very generous with the money. I was told by an ESPN rep that they made more in advertising for a low level college D1A game than they would for a game matching two elite high school programs. They were also required to show a certain number of college games and were not very interested in high school games after the college season started.

After the 2001 season Knotts looked at the potential of a national game. Contacted DeLaSalle but they only did / do one travel game per year (which includes Southern Cal) and were set for a few years. The AD there was very helpful. Indy reached out to two Oklahoma schools, some Texas schoools, along with a few in Georgia, Florida, and Ohio. May have had some contact with a few schools in Louisiana. They found that money to cover the trip, logisitics, and scheduling the game were not very simple. Ended up scheduling two time defending SC Big 16 (as large 4A was known at the time) Spartanburg for the 2002 and 2003 season for a home and home. Spartanburg was down losing several close games. Indy had little trouble with them.

Byrnes the same open date as Indy in the 2006 season. Indy was open to doing a split the gate with a ticket setup like the ESPN game, no passes out, but would have settled for less. Byrnes opted for the Herbstreit and a game against Moeller. May be more national attention in Ohio but I would have taken the Indy game.

Knotts left after the state title game for Duke as did the AD. CMS basically stepped in and scheduled the 2004 and 2005 non conference. Indy contracted for a game at Madison County FL in 2008. Principal canceled the game due to potential hurricane hitting that area of Florida. He canceled it on Tuesday afternoon and I do not think he discussed it with Knotts. Weather was perfect that weekend. I went to the Western Carolina game at Florida State that Saturday and saw Lowndes County GA smoke an Atlanta team.

Indy beat South Pointe in Rock Hill in 2009. Clowney was a junior. SP won at Indy the next year in a close game. 2010 was the first year with Rocky River open and Knotts retired to SC so it was a different Indy but Indy's play calling late in the first half doomed them in a one td loss. Indy was 3-9 that season.

Herbstreit was somewhat of a farce. Promised a direct flight to Cincinnati leaving Charlotte at 11 am and a hotel in downtown Cincinnati. Stayed across the river in Kentucky which was ok. Ten days before the game they were told they would not have a direct flight and cut the number of seats back. Left Indy at 6:05 am, four hour layover in Atlanta, bus from Akron to Cincinnati. Arrived 13 hours later at UC for their walk through. Herbstreit said they had a deal with the airlines and would not give any money for any other transportation when Indy requested chartering two buses.

Knotts will tell you that he has traveled out of state three times (not including SC) and did not think the promises made were anywhere near fulfilled and contracts were broken. The promoter putting on the Herbstreit basically told them to take it or leave it. Most will tell you that there were some questionable calls in Allen, Louisville, and Cincinnati down the stretch that cost them. I think the main thing I noticed was that you need to make travel arrangements so your players are not extensively fatigued.
Not following what the meaning of this long history lesson is.

I was disappointed with the crowd at Byrnes. I expected a better turn out.
Doesn't matter what public school you schedule in Charlotte. All their attendance gates are pathetic. Including Mallard Creek. Football carries all the sports programs budgets. But they want you to believe 400 people going to an away game is a nice crowd for a 2000 to 2800 student school. even rural 2A schools games can and do have 3000 plus ticket sales.

Poor poor Nepsy! I sure hope that Mallard Creek has a window he can look out of with his head crammed 10 feet up the Creeks proverbial rear end...

Mallard Creek in a few short years has become an elite NORTH CAROLINA team... National Prominence not yet, but they are getting there SLOWLY... Let me type that again SLOWLY...

National prominent teams beats the absolute heck out of the "local" in state schools, conference etc, and then beat up on each other on the "National stage" Has the Creek done this, well kinda... they beat up on most local in state schools (Exception Hough) and then go out of state and lay an egg in the first half against a "usual" nationally prominent team (Byrnes)and lose... so there are two losses and well lets ALMOST give them a big win against McDonogh, they were what 6-3??? Yeah that's big time....... Great NC School and program in a short time, absolutely, no denying that, Nationally prominent team, NO, NOT YET....

Twist it any way you want, but that's the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.... BOTTOM LINE...

And then the whole "Crest wont call us mess" well yeah they call yall out and probably deserve that, but don't waste time on us little guys, beat a few of the big boys you are crowing about then the rest of the free world may chew on the crap you are spewing about how GREAT Mallard Creek is.......

Mallard Creek is dang good no denying it " In State"

Totally agree with this Shelby Lion. You and I know these guys just pick an Indy, Butler, and Mallard Creek and ride the Charlotte bandwagon. If three years from now if its Indy again there they will be beating the drum for Indy. Same guys who would have been Knotts followers at West Charlotte.

Reactions: DeBoer31
Not sure nationally prominent is the word I would use. Think it would take a few more years at the current pace and schedule to achieve that level. Without question a win against a Byrnes, Spartanburg, Ga power, Tenn power is definitely needed.

Nationally recognized program?? Without question. The rankings and the fact that these teams are now starting to reach out to MC rather than MC reaching out to them is validation of that.

In regards to the Dillon game. I think 2013 Dillon is the 2nd best team Mallard Creek has played in the past 5 years. Only Butler 2012 was better. Now... the atmosphere probably played into that some but that squad had multiple D1 players on offense and defense and could play. They struggle to schedule as well because none of the SC big teams want anything to do with them.

Doesn't matter what public school you schedule in Charlotte. All their attendance gates are pathetic. Including Mallard Creek. Football carries all the sports programs budgets. But they want you to believe 400 people going to an away game is a nice crowd for a 2000 to 2800 student school. even rural 2A schools games can and do have 3000 plus ticket sales.

I hear this mentioned as the reason Crest or Shelby wont play and its just another tired excuse. If Crest scheduled the big bad boys from Charlotte there wouldn't be a empty seat in the house. Everybody in Cleveland county would be there to watch us take that whipping and you all know it. It would be a monster game.

Crest is a great program but for whatever the reason they have decided over the last couple of years they have no interest in this game. My guess is if it didn't happen in the last two years it will probably never happen. Those were some very good Crest squads.

Totally agree with this Shelby Lion. You and I know these guys just pick an Indy, Butler, and Mallard Creek and ride the Charlotte bandwagon. If three years from now if its Indy again there they will be beating the drum for Indy. Same guys who would have been Knotts followers at West Charlotte.
Every MC poster I have ever met has followed Mallard Creek for either mostly their entire existence, or had children go there. So this notion that MC posters just hop from school to school is crap.

Every MC poster I have ever met has followed Mallard Creek for either mostly their entire existence, or had children go there. So this notion that MC posters just hop from school to school is crap.

No offense but we've seen this song and dance before. Those boys hopped on MC and not the North Meck's for a reason.

Poor poor Nepsy! I sure hope that Mallard Creek has a window he can look out of with his head crammed 10 feet up the Creeks proverbial rear end...

Mallard Creek in a few short years has become an elite NORTH CAROLINA team... National Prominence not yet, but they are getting there SLOWLY... Let me type that again SLOWLY...

National prominent teams beats the absolute heck out of the "local" in state schools, conference etc, and then beat up on each other on the "National stage" Has the Creek done this, well kinda... they beat up on most local in state schools (Exception Hough) and then go out of state and lay an egg in the first half against a "usual" nationally prominent team (Byrnes)and lose... so there are two losses and well lets ALMOST give them a big win against McDonogh, they were what 6-3??? Yeah that's big time....... Great NC School and program in a short time, absolutely, no denying that, Nationally prominent team, NO, NOT YET....

Twist it any way you want, but that's the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.... BOTTOM LINE...

And then the whole "Crest wont call us mess" well yeah they call yall out and probably deserve that, but don't waste time on us little guys, beat a few of the big boys you are crowing about then the rest of the free world may chew on the crap you are spewing about how GREAT Mallard Creek is.......

Mallard Creek is dang good no denying it " In State"

You have Shelby beside your name and your'e trying to educate people on National Programs? Oh Boy! How would you ever know? :)

Last edited:
No offense but we've seen this song and dance before. Those boys hopped on MC and not the North Meck's for a reason.

Nepsy's kid played for MC from 2009-2012. He has been involved with the program since the inception.

For me...I make zero attempts to hide my loyalties. Have never been a Butler guy though I respect the program and really was working my tail off on my career during the Indy run. Maybe saw 4 or 5 games during Knotts days. That said, I attend and root for Mallard Creek for two reasons. Proximity to my home and because of the quality of the football played. If I lived in Cleveland county I would probably be a Crest or Shelby guy..probably both. I don't get into this lifetime loyalty deal. I have been a Chicago Cubs fan since for 40 years... I have paid my dues.

As long as MC puts on a quality product on the field I will be a strong supporter. If they slide, I will find somewhere else to spend my time of Friday nights. I watch many games during the season. Maybe 50% are Creek games. Life is too short to watch 75-0 blow outs.

None of which matters one bit as it relates to Mallard Creek in 2015. They still are a nationally relevant team and they still need games for week 1 and 4 next year.

What does have to do with Indy playing out of state teams or your inability to understamd basic punctuation differences? We will add basic logic and reasoning to future discussions.

Your diverting again. Stay focus. Play a football Team and stop playing cupcakes. Games 1 & 4 still open.

Last edited:

I was referencing the Byrnes crowd. I did not expect a large MC crowd. For the most part CMS teams do not draw well.

Godevilsgo, the reason for the history lesson was to correct what was written regarding Indy out of state games. Look at some of the misinformation. Also, it explained that there was some desire and effort but at the time it was even more difficult to schedule nationally than now.

Your diverting again. Stay focus. Play a football Team and stop playing cupcakes. Games 1 & 4 still open.

I refuted your incorrect statement and then you got your panties in a twist. You also don't understand how contracts work but that list of things is getting too long to keep bringing up. I've heard playing at a 2A power in front of 10,000 people is impressive so Crest might be fortunate to do that one day.

Nepsy's kid played for MC from 2009-2012. He has been involved with the program since the inception.

For me...I make zero attempts to hide my loyalties. Have never been a Butler guy though I respect the program and really was working my tail off on my career during the Indy run. Maybe saw 4 or 5 games during Knotts days. That said, I attend and root for Mallard Creek for two reasons. Proximity to my home and because of the quality of the football played. If I lived in Cleveland county I would probably be a Crest or Shelby guy..probably both. I don't get into this lifetime loyalty deal. I have been a Chicago Cubs fan since for 40 years... I have paid my dues.

As long as MC puts on a quality product on the field I will be a strong supporter. If they slide, I will find somewhere else to spend my time of Friday nights. I watch many games during the season. Maybe 50% are Creek games. Life is too short to watch 75-0 blow outs.

None of which matters one bit as it relates to Mallard Creek in 2015. They still are a nationally relevant team and they still need games for week 1 and 4 next year.

That's great for nepsy and MC since they don't have to claim graduating his dumb ass.

As for your fandom, bandwagon gonna bandwagon.

I refuted your incorrect statement and then you got your panties in a twist. You also don't understand how contracts work but that list of things is getting too long to keep bringing up. I've heard playing at a 2A power in front of 10,000 people is impressive so Crest might be fortunate to do that one day.
Dillon is not just your average 2A school. I've talked with several MC people and some SC coaches who say it is one of the most hostile enviornments you'll ever be in. Crest has nothing on them, neither does Catholic or Richmond or anyone in NC.
I've had two people tell me "Dudes are hanging up in trees to watch the game an hour before kickoff!!" Dillon isn't like 2A Chase HS.

Dillon is not just your average 2A school. I've talked with several MC people and some SC coaches who say it is one of the most hostile enviornments you'll ever be in. Crest has nothing on them, neither does Catholic or Richmond or anyone in NC.
I've had two people tell me "Dudes are hanging up in trees to watch the game an hour before kickoff!!" Dillon isn't like 2A Chase HS.

Neither is Shelby but all I hear is 2A doesn't count so this is quite the wondering path we are taking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT