ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton LB Mohamed Kaba

Yes, money is the biggest obstacle. Brunswick County has budgeted $2.9 million for three turf fields, an average of $966,000 per field. I said a couple of years ago that a turf field for Clinton would be roughly $800,000. As I said before, the up front cost is substantial, but it will pay for itself. I'm fairly certain Clinton City Schools doesn't have that type of money for a turf field, so it would not only be up to them, but the Clinton community, including the Booster Club to help with fundraising. Can it be done? Certainly!! But along with raising money for the field, money should be raised for the entire stadium, to include the track, PA system and the field house. Don't get me wrong, Dark Horse Stadium is one of the most beautiful stadiums in the state, but it could use a little makeup.
Its 35 years old now!

I have no idea where he picks but historically there seems to be a bump in recruiting for new coaches. Add the fact Mack can tout winning a ACC title before these kids were born and show off a NC ring he won in Texas before they were potty trained so I wouldn't rule Carolina out.
Mack Brown never won an ACC title, the last UNC ACC championship was 1980 under Dick Crum. Brown's UNC record was only 69-46-1

I have no idea where he picks but historically there seems to be a bump in recruiting for new coaches. Add the fact Mack can tout winning a ACC title before these kids were born and show off a NC ring he won in Texas before they were potty trained so I wouldn't rule Carolina out.
Otis4411 I believe Kaba has already got a high school state championship ring from Scotland County, with Clemson offering and the Tigers being a very legitimate current factor in winning another national championship or two; why would one go to Carolina? (or anywhere else for that matter)

Mack Brown never won an ACC title, the last UNC ACC championship was 1980 under Dick Crum. Brown's UNC record was only 69-46-1
Amazing record considering he took over a program with very little talent that lead to back to back 1 and 10 seasons in his first two years.

Amazing record considering he took over a program with very little talent that lead to back to back 1 and 10 seasons in his first two years.

Don’t even try with this guy, like most if not all state fans they know more about Unc than they do there own program. You can go to a state message board and every thread is about Unc obviously not positive stuff but still they’d rather talk smack about a rival then talk to each other about their own team. It’s that what’s the word, inferiority complex at work.

Are we going to find out news about Clinton in the Sampson Independent, Facebook, what? And when?

Are we going to find out news about Clinton in the Sampson Independent, Facebook, what? And when?

Trust me youll hesr about it...ill post it up here also...look out of respect it shouldn't come from me first if that makes sense...wont be long

I remember he never let anyone forget those first 2 years , like “look where we came from” still no conference championship.
Don’t even try with this guy, like most if not all state fans they know more about Unc than they do there own program. You can go to a state message board and every thread is about Unc obviously not positive stuff but still they’d rather talk smack about a rival then talk to each other about their own team. It’s that what’s the word, inferiority complex at work.
DarkHorse34, no inferiority Complex here. I’m completely satisfied with States position in football. Carolina is not their football rival just like State is not UNC’s basketball rival. State plays in the Atlantic Division which is the tougher of the two, in fact some have said its the toughest division in college football. Their Atlantic Division foes are their football rivals. 2 national championships byClemson of that division not to mention FSU pervious NC history. . Once again why play for a loser when you can play for a national champion,

Kaba decision moved up to May 9th due to a regional track meet on the 10th....wonder what event he runs...extremely athletically gifted Linebacker...could see him playing as a box saftey at the next level aswell

Kaba decision moved up to May 9th due to a regional track meet on the 10th....wonder what event he runs...extremely athletically gifted Linebacker...could see him playing as a box saftey at the next level aswell
I wonder myself. Dakrhose04 said that a lot of the football players are participating in track. I wonder if part of that is the coaching staff encouraging them to participate to help develop speed and power.

I wonder myself. Dakrhose04 said that a lot of the football players are participating in track. I wonder if part of that is the coaching staff encouraging them to participate to help develop speed and power.
You are correct. We are encouraging all our student athletes to play multiple sports. Students are responding to the message. This will help all of our programs.

You are correct. We are encouraging all our student athletes to play multiple sports. Students are responding to the message. This will help all of our programs.

And thats the best way to develop a well rounded athlete glad we are getting away from that one sport mentality that kinda plagued Clinton for awhile

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC

It use to be highly encouraged that skill players especially run track....glad to see them getting back to that

I recently purchased a football stat notebook was thinking about learning how to record stats at the games i attend next season for basically my own personal information as Independent didnt really report stats last season nor were they posted on maxpreps im guessing for scouting reasons.....i sat beside some guys from Wallace at our East Duplin game a year ago and they were both keeping stats i think they worked for the Duplin times cant remember but something i kinda want to learn maybe Clinton will let me do it in the future

That is what we get the kids to do at West Craven. Coach Hunter that coaches the Havelock Heat traveling team has helped a lot of Havelock - West Craven kids. I would imagine kids from Carteret County also go there.

I recently purchased a football stat notebook was thinking about learning how to record stats at the games i attend next season for basically my own personal information as Independent didnt really report stats last season nor were they posted on maxpreps im guessing for scouting reasons.....i sat beside some guys from Wallace at our East Duplin game a year ago and they were both keeping stats i think they worked for the Duplin times cant remember but something i kinda want to learn maybe Clinton will let me do it in the future

We would love to have a stat guy for when we call games, you could pass us stats at end of each Quarter. Could at least get you into the games at no expense being a part of our radio team.

We would love to have a stat guy for when we call games, you could pass us stats at end of each Quarter. Could at least get you into the games at no expense being a part of our radio team.

Sounds good man would love the opportunity to help out just let me practice a couple games lol i know guys like Mr Demay and Curt Smith did it for years i would hope it's easier then it looks

Last edited:
Man, that would be good to hear, since I listen to many of the games on the mixlr app. I'm not able to make it in person like I used to.

Speaking of stats totally off subject and i mean totally but anyone see where Clinton girls soccer ended the regular season as conference champs outscoring their conference opponents 95 to 3....i mean i know its soccer but cmon thats pretty dang impressive

Speaking of stats totally off subject and i mean totally but anyone see where Clinton girls soccer ended the regular season as conference champs outscoring their conference opponents 95 to 3....i mean i know its soccer but cmon thats pretty dang impressive
I agree. This hasn't even been their best team in recent years, but still on another level in the conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT