ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton LB Mohamed Kaba

Looks like we have a couple of studs on the offensive line again this year! All three of these young men know that they have to get it in the classroom as well as the field! Another exciting year in Dark Horse Territory!

Best thing because of all the injuries last season in particular on the offensive line alot of these young guys got alot of playing time

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
Looks like we have a couple of studs on the offensive line again this year! All three of these young men know that they have to get it in the classroom as well as the field! Another exciting year in Dark Horse Territory!

And its a couple of other guys the article doesnt mention...i believe the offensive and defensive lines will be very strong this year the questions will be what athletes we put on the field behind them....think everyone knows about Kaba,Wallace and Boogie Smith Jatiyuhn Wilson......who.plays QB??? I believe King will get the call could.be Blake Smith but they can use him in so many other places he can play WR,RB and be used in the defensive secondary.....who is the short yardage back now that big Jalen is gone??? Listen out for the name Jakwon Wilson rising sophomore 6'0 190 obviously not as big as Jalen but good size kid still growing tough north south runner could fill that role or the other JV back Jaden Boomer tell me he doesn't have a fullbacks name lol 6'0 210 not sure if he will get moved up to varsity.....who plays LB beside Kaba??? Spencer Westerbeek got moved up midway thru the season and played great alongside Kaba and Cruise now with Cruise gone Westerbeek assumes that #2 role next to Kaba along with i think once again youll hear the name Jakwon Wilson possibly......just some of my guesses i.could be very wrong but im just going by what i saw last season and what i assume we have returning.....already counting down the days till next season

Last edited:
And its a couple of other guys the article doesnt mention...i believe the offensive and defensive lines will be very strong this year the questions will be what athletes we put on the field behind them....think everyone knows about Kaba,Wallace and Boogie Smith Jatiyuhn Wilson......who.plays QB??? I believe King will get the call could.be Blake Smith but they can use him in so many other places he can play WR,RB and be used in the defensive secondary.....who is the short yardage back now that big Jalen is gone??? Listen out for the name Jakwon Wilson rising sophomore 6'0 190 obviously not as big as Jalen but good size kid still growing tough north south runner could fill that role or the other JV back Jaden Boomer tell me he doesn't have a fullbacks name lol 6'0 210 not sure if he will get moved up to varsity.....who plays LB beside Kaba??? Spencer Westerbeek got moved up midway thru the season and played great alongside Kaba and Cruise now with Cruise gone Westerbeek assumes that #2 role next to Kaba along with i think once again youll hear the name Jakwon Wilson possibly......just some of my guesses i.could be very wrong but im just going by what i saw last season and what i assume we have returning.....already counting down the days till next season
Yeah, there are some positions that need to be solidified, and I do agree with you in that both lines will likely be our strength this year-the O-line may be even bigger this year than last year, which is scary. Jalen is gone, but with all of his injuries over the years, how many games did he play? It does appear that we will have some taller backs with size this year, so that's good.

Great day for Clinton football as we had 5 more seniors sign to play football at the next level today

William Monroe DT/OL-St. Andrews
Knowlydge Evans QB/RB/DB-St. Andrews
Donovan Sloan DT/OL- St. Andrews
Jarius Thorpe DT/OL-St. Andrews
Donte Mclellan RB/DB- Fayetteville State

They will join Carsen Ellis-Barton College and Javiah Cruse-WSSU as senior football players heading to the next level......7 this year not bad for Cory Johnson and staff they seem very committed to getting kids a opportunity at the next level

Reactions: Wizard of the East
I wonder how the workouts are going for Clinton. I haven't heard anything out of Dark Horse country lately.

I wonder how the workouts are going for Clinton. I haven't heard anything out of Dark Horse country lately.

Individual workouts. Basically all weight training, all serious football kids are running track/playing baseball as they should be.

Individual workouts. Basically all weight training, all serious football kids are running track/playing baseball as they should be.
That's good to hear! I remember when Coach Lewis would encourage all the players to either participate in track or play baseball to help with speed and working on different muscles.

That's good to hear! I remember when Coach Lewis would encourage all the players to either participate in track or play baseball to help with speed and working on different muscles.

I got some great news big news but i gotta sit on it....

Sucks im locked out of my old FB page so i cant really update the Clinton FB fanpage....i didnt want to start it over but i may have to....i post stuff in the vistor comment section but i dont think everyone can see it

I'm ready to see how much bigger these guys are at the beginning of the season. With the way Coaches Johnson and McFatten work out, that's only going to rub off on the kids. I bet guys like OL Drew Leggett is going to be much larger this year.

I’m more impressed that 7 kids went on to sign somewhere to play. 1 of those kids didn’t even play at clinton this year (former DH) but still Coach Johnson helped him find a home at the next level. This staff isn’t just trying to get 1% better everyday, it’s helping student athletes continue there dream of playing at the next level with a college education also. Such a blessing for this community.

I’m more impressed that 7 kids went on to sign somewhere to play. 1 of those kids didn’t even play at clinton this year (former DH) but still Coach Johnson helped him find a home at the next level. This staff isn’t just trying to get 1% better everyday, it’s helping student athletes continue there dream of playing at the next level with a college education also. Such a blessing for this community.
Yes it is!! Doesn't matter if a kid goes to JuCo, D1, D2 or D3. College football is college football and those kids will be doing what so many other kids don't have the opportunity to do. I'm happy for them and their parents who instilled the work ethic into them. I'm just so excited to see this year's Dark Horse team, can't wait to hear pads popping and to smell that freshly cut grass at Dark Horse Stadium!

Speaking of track, does the team have home meets at Dark Horse stadium? Last time I saw the track, it looked to be in not so good condition with large cracks all around it and grass growing through the cracks. It needs be resurfaced or replaced. Are there any plans to do either?

Speaking of track, does the team have home meets at Dark Horse stadium? Last time I saw the track, it looked to be in not so good condition with large cracks all around it and grass growing through the cracks. It needs be resurfaced or replaced. Are there any plans to do either?

You see where all 3 Brunswick county schools are getting turf fields....idk much bout Brunswick county but if they can do it why cant we... .with the stadium hosting Rely for Life,Graduation,Band day,Middle School,JV,and Varsity home games, County Jamboree i think there is more than enough reason for the upgrades to the field and track itself

You see where all 3 Brunswick county schools are getting turf fields....idk much bout Brunswick county but if they can do it why cant we... .with the stadium hosting Rely for Life,Graduation,Band day,Middle School,JV,and Varsity home games, County Jamboree i think there is more than enough reason for the upgrades to the field and track itself
Bottom line is, Brunswick county has a larger tax base and more money. And they see that over time a turf field would pay for itself in maintenance. A typical turf field is good for about 10-15 years before maintenance has to be done. So that’s 10-15 years for a school board or booster club to save up money for that. Yes the up front cost is substantial, but like I said it will pay for itself in time. And I never really liked the high crown at Clinton.

34, there's plenty of reason but it's about the funds $$$$$$
Brunswick County has a nuclear power plant, Duke Energy located there and you can only imagine the tax revenue it's generated for years.
Bolivia, North Carolina. In 1977, the county seat of Brunswick County was moved from Southport to Bolivia, North Carolina, and a new Brunswick CountyGovernment Complex was erected as a result. Can you imagine what that cost? They got the tax revenue down there to dream up stuff; that's not counting all the beach property tax revenue.
I wish we could get the artificial turf.

I just dont want to ruin it but my source is reliable and this isnt about Kaba but it is Clinton football related.....lol i feel like Ian Rapport BREAKING NEWS

I know I know!! They are going to fix the public address system at the football field!!
:eek::eek::p

I know I know!! They are going to fix the public address system at the football field!!
:eek::eek::p
Yes, the PA does need to be fixed. Speakers need to be placed on the 4 light poles. I actually thought that was going to be done when the wooden poles were replaced.

Darkhorse04, if I hadn't said it, thanks for what YOU do for Dark Horse Nation:)

Hey thanks buddy. It’s a great effort by everyone in the community to promote DH Football. 34, you, and even Wiz (when he can focus on anything but hating on UNC) they are all great ambassadors of Clinton football. Coach Johnson and staff are doing great things on and off the field. Anyone ready for football yet, let’s go! Go horses!

Hey thanks buddy. It’s a great effort by everyone in the community to promote DH Football. 34, you, and even Wiz (when he can focus on anything but hating on UNC) they are all great ambassadors of Clinton football. Coach Johnson and staff are doing great things on and off the field. Anyone ready for football yet, let’s go! Go horses!
:)

hey, not hating on UNC, just calling it as I see it.

34, there's plenty of reason but it's about the funds $$$$$$
Brunswick County has a nuclear power plant, Duke Energy located there and you can only imagine the tax revenue it's generated for years.
Bolivia, North Carolina. In 1977, the county seat of Brunswick County was moved from Southport to Bolivia, North Carolina, and a new Brunswick CountyGovernment Complex was erected as a result. Can you imagine what that cost? They got the tax revenue down there to dream up stuff; that's not counting all the beach property tax revenue.
I wish we could get the artificial turf.
Yes, money is the biggest obstacle. Brunswick County has budgeted $2.9 million for three turf fields, an average of $966,000 per field. I said a couple of years ago that a turf field for Clinton would be roughly $800,000. As I said before, the up front cost is substantial, but it will pay for itself. I'm fairly certain Clinton City Schools doesn't have that type of money for a turf field, so it would not only be up to them, but the Clinton community, including the Booster Club to help with fundraising. Can it be done? Certainly!! But along with raising money for the field, money should be raised for the entire stadium, to include the track, PA system and the field house. Don't get me wrong, Dark Horse Stadium is one of the most beautiful stadiums in the state, but it could use a little makeup.

Going off his twitter Kaba may be making a decision early.....as in 2 weeeks.....and no thats not the news i heard.....its coming soon

U know as I do 34, as much as we would love to have him in Chapel Hill, it ain’t happening.

I have no idea where he picks but historically there seems to be a bump in recruiting for new coaches. Add the fact Mack can tout winning a ACC title before these kids were born and show off a NC ring he won in Texas before they were potty trained so I wouldn't rule Carolina out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT