ADVERTISEMENT

Chambers forfeits

Chambers admin turned him in because he is leaving them. They are bitter, comes from very good sources. Supposedly the AD's doing. Kid was labeled McKinney Vento supposedly.
False. This was known before he announced he was "going home". Just not official and in the media yet.

The whole thing is laughable. The kid gets punished meanwhile the HC is off to Virginia, the AD is gone and suddenly all those twitter accounts have gone strangely silent over on IBM Drive. None of them take the 2x state Champs off the account though.

It's become such a dirty, dirty business.
they all left because they knew what was about to happen. They knew about everything and new CMS AD would have had them fired. They got out ahead of all the news. not hard to figure out. And i know everyone saying this is adults and sure it is but the kid also signs an honor code that he or she is telling the truth and all documents are correct. and even sign a portion saying if they KNOW SOMEONE ELSE IS LYING THEY CAN SIT 365. SIgned by every athlete every year in cms.

If Hough played with their actual kids. They might finish 500. They had a better recruiting class than Wake Forest and UNCC. :)
I have heard that Hough has been the subject of many phone calls to the CMS AD. She and the Hough AD have made home visits for those that were in question per the "whistle blowers". So far everyone checked out has been living at the address used to attend Hough and doing so within the cms rules.

The rules are fairly complex. If there is a hardship the WHOLE FAMILY must move to the new address that the athlete uses for his new residency. So a kid cannot live with an aunt or uncle etc unless everyone moves or guardianship has been granted through the court system. These are things that can easily be checked but past cms ads did not do so. THe new AD is all over it.

Yea he'll go down to SC and ball even more.
No. SCHSL will not allow him to play OR should I say they would not in the past. In the past NC athletes that left for SC due to 365 were not allowed to play for an SC public. His only option to play if the 365 holds is to go to a private school.

Personally, I would look into a private schools with college prep and tutoring with the goal to graduate December. Put heavy emphasis on non contact prep. Walk into spring practice at his college choice, bigger, stronger, faster, quicker, fresher, more prepared for D1 football, and college academics plus what comes with the game today.

I have heard that Hough has been the subject of many phone calls to the CMS AD. She and the Hough AD have made home visits for those that were in question per the "whistle blowers". So far everyone checked out has been living at the address used to attend Hough and doing so within the cms rules.

The rules are fairly complex. If there is a hardship the WHOLE FAMILY must move to the new address that the athlete uses for his new residency. So a kid cannot live with an aunt or uncle etc unless everyone moves or guardianship has been granted through the court system. These are things that can easily be checked but past cms ads did not do so. THe new AD is all over it.
I haven't heard. This is what i 100% know. Hough is hands down faulty of illegal shenanigan's. This is from parents who kids actually played for Hough illegally. They've been doing it on another lever for over a decade. Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles would investigate the paper work at Hough and find illegal players.

Reactions: UNC91
I haven't heard. This is what i 100% know. Hough is hands down faulty of illegal shenanigan's. This is from parents who kids actually played for Hough illegally. They've been doing it on another lever for over a decade. Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles would investigate the paper work at Hough and find illegal players.
then why has the CMS AD not been able to find anything illegal? Seems the AD who is literally looking for any reason to suspend a kid and make a team forfeit would find the fire if it was really there.....

then why has the CMS AD not been able to find anything illegal? Seems the AD who is literally looking for any reason to suspend a kid and make a team forfeit would find the fire if it was really there.....
Ok, Hough is clean. The fact that you actually believe this is debatable is Hilarious. They haven't found anything, or they haven't revealed what they found? People knew about the Myers Park illegals months before it came out to the public. I was hearing about the possible Smother's 365 over a month ago.

Last edited:
Ok, Hough is clean. The fact that you actually believe this is debatable is Hilarious. They haven't found anything, or they haven't revealed what they found? People knew about the Myers Park illegals months before it came out to the public. I was hearing about the possible Smother's 365 over a month ago.
hey man i have no idea who is clean and who is not. i just know what I hear from people who would/should know. I coach soccer not football. but the eligibilty process is the same. and if kids have red flags the ADs are now doing drive bys and home visits. if people are cheating the new ad will find them that i am certain of

• Haha
You told me about this on the phone at least a month ago.

• Haha
hey man i have no idea who is clean and who is not. i just know what I hear from people who would/should know. I coach soccer not football. but the eligibilty process is the same. and if kids have red flags the ADs are now doing drive bys and home visits. if people are cheating the new ad will find them that i am certain of
Hey man! On another forum, you seemed to of known that Smothers knew he was caught, so he left? Yet, you vigorously defend Hough, which everyone in the City knows their story. Seems a little selective and bias to me. IJS! You saying that the kid knew he was caught. Is like Ted Bundy calling out Jeffrey Dahmer. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Holy Shit!

• Haha
Hey man! On another forum, you seemed to of known that Smothers knew he was caught, so he left? Yet, you vigorously defend Hough, which everyone in the City knows their story. Seems a little selective and bias to me. IJS! You saying that the kid knew he was caught. Is like Ted Bundy calling out Jeffrey Dahmer. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Holy Shit!

The dude kuttpack is a joke. Always has been. Hough is the biggest laughing stock in the state. Recruiting better then Elon or UNCC or and lower college in the state.

The dude kuttpack is a joke. Always has been. Hough is the biggest laughing stock in the state. Recruiting better then Elon or UNCC or and lower college in the state.
I went to UNCC! Lower college?! Well…in football you’re right I guess🤷🏻‍♂️

because coaches everywhere knew that smothers was done before he put out his video. the cms ad had already been there and investigated. and the AD at my school told me about it and what happened so that as coaches we knew what to look for when it came to paperwork. there is not a conspiracy. it was just out through back channels that he had been busted before it hit the news. that is how i knew he was already in trouble.

because coaches everywhere knew that smothers was done before he put out his video. the cms ad had already been there and investigated. and the AD at my school told me about it and what happened so that as coaches we knew what to look for when it came to paperwork. there is not a conspiracy. it was just out through back channels that he had been busted before it hit the news. that is how i knew he was already in trouble.
What's your School if i may ask?

All i have tried to do here is explain the rules and how they work per the meetings I have had with my ADs. I coach sports at 2 cms schools. Both meetings were the same. And both came right after this flurry of ineligibility. Sorry for sharing. I will cease sharing any info since it is not providing the outcome that you are looking for. Home visits are occuring at mulitple schools for mutliple kids. Including at Hough. All I have said is that so far all that have been visited that are not in the news must have checked out as ok.

People talking about the past must understand that you can only go back to the prior year. Or Chambers would be forfeiting another season as well. Smothers had the same paperwork for the spring season they won as well. But it is beyond the statute of limitations the way the rule is written. So all that can be looked at is this previous fall season and kids currently enrolled now or who are enrolling.

What's your School if i may ask?
2 schools and all i will say is that one of my schools has turned in the other school for having an ineligible player and it was investigated 2 or 3 times during the season and deemed to be legit by the CMS AD. And as i said i do not coach football. But i am in the middle of this working at two schools and have info and was trying to share in hopes to clarify the rules. But apparantly i have just made people including you angry.

The most important thing coming from all of this is that the CMS AD is actually enforcing the rules the way they are written (which were ignored in the past). Everyone including coaches who are worried about what has been going on (including kids and parents lying on paperwork and jeopordizing entire programs) will be nipped out by this AD. The parent and incoming athlete meetings at both schools had about 45 minutes on eligibility and the risks of lying on your forms. As well as lengthy explanations of what HARDSHIPS are, how they can be proven, who has to move homes in the case of a hardship, what are the only legal ways to change address, the impact of lying on your HONOR CODE, etc. None of this had been talked about more that just introducing the HONOR CODE in years past. As a coach (in a much smaller sport than football) i had to deal with affidavits and Mckinney Vento etc. But it was always assumed that the documents were legit. Now they are all being scrutinized which is why you are seeing these things happen.

For example a lot of this is the Hardship affidavits. Well in the past people were turning in these affidavits and the student in question was "moving" to a new home to be provided for since they could not be provided for at home. Unless this is due to imprisonment, mental illness, or natural disaster/unforseen circumstance (see MP here with those kids not having football in their home st and looking for a place to play), then EVERY HOUSEHOLD MEMBER must relocate. Not just the student athlete. So an entire family could live rent free with a relative with an affidavit but not just the athlete. That had never been fully explained to me and I have been coaching since 2003. If the coaches and even some ADs did not understand the rules it is hard to expect the parents to. That is why so much time was spent at schools this year explaining everything. It was always told to us before that once the parents submit the paperwork for eligibility then the issue is with them and their kid for 365 if caught. now we have an ad forfeiting seasons for teams. Maybe those staffs admitted they knew player was ineligible? I have no clue. Just know that for 20 years or so it was stated that only the player would be impacted if the staff and school had no clue.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2MuchtoHandle
2 schools and all i will say is that one of my schools has turned in the other school for having an ineligible player and it was investigated 2 or 3 times during the season and deemed to be legit by the CMS AD. And as i said i do not coach football. But i am in the middle of this working at two schools and have info and was trying to share in hopes to clarify the rules. But apparantly i have just made people including you angry.

The most important thing coming from all of this is that the CMS AD is actually enforcing the rules the way they are written (which were ignored in the past). Everyone including coaches who are worried about what has been going on (including kids and parents lying on paperwork and jeopordizing entire programs) will be nipped out by this AD. The parent and incoming athlete meetings at both schools had about 45 minutes on eligibility and the risks of lying on your forms. As well as lengthy explanations of what HARDSHIPS are, how they can be proven, who has to move homes in the case of a hardship, what are the only legal ways to change address, the impact of lying on your HONOR CODE, etc. None of this had been talked about more that just introducing the HONOR CODE in years past. As a coach (in a much smaller sport than football) i had to deal with affidavits and Mckinney Vento etc. But it was always assumed that the documents were legit. Now they are all being scrutinized which is why you are seeing these things happen.

For example a lot of this is the Hardship affidavits. Well in the past people were turning in these affidavits and the student in question was "moving" to a new home to be provided for since they could not be provided for at home. Unless this is due to imprisonment, mental illness, or natural disaster/unforseen circumstance (see MP here with those kids not having football in their home st and looking for a place to play), then EVERY HOUSEHOLD MEMBER must relocate. Not just the student athlete. So an entire family could live rent free with a relative with an affidavit but not just the athlete. That had never been fully explained to me and I have been coaching since 2003.
I could really care less. If i wanted to hit Hough, i could. I'm not hearing information from alleged coaches or people in the city. I have access to the actual information that could blow that entire program up. I have a problem when a program consistently boast about their wins, when Half their players are illegal. It's not like they would forfeit any meaningful games, as their Trophy case is bare dry when it comes to Football. So you coach at Hough! It makes sense. :) Can you send one of those All American Kickers our way.

• Haha
Reactions: MagisterO
also Dahmer ATE his victims so it would make sense if even Bundy had a problem with that......Just saying

I could really care less. If i wanted to hit Hough, i could. I'm not hearing info from alleged coacehes or people in the city. I have access to the actual information that could blow that entire program up. I have a problem when a program consistently boast about their wins, when Half their players are illegal. It's not like they would forfeit any meaningful games, as their Trophy case is bare dry when it comes to Football. So you coach at Hough! It makes sense. :) Can you send one of those All American Kickers our way.
Once again I coach at 2 different schools in CMS. Not sure which schools i coach at is important. Every school will be impacted by this during the coming season if coaches all over the district do not follow the rules. That is the important thing. If people are cheating this year they will get caught. The question will still remain whether or not the coaches knew they were cheating or if they were just lied to by the parents.

Maybe not so much in football but in other sports this is a big deal. I doubt a lot of softball or volleyball coaches for example have been scouring over their kids residency docs and then checking them with polaris etc. If they did they may find interesting info. Maybe now people will do that due diligence since it has now been shown that one lying family will indeed impact the whole team. As i said in past years it was stated that once docs are turned in then it would just be 365 for the kid if they are lying

There are five stages of grief, beginning with denial and ending with acceptance. There are some people that must have learned from that sequence, since it regularly trots out five successive explanations for its mounting current Illegal issues. These people mindset begins with denial.

Here are Mecklenburg County's five stages of denial:

1. It's not really a problem. You just think it is.
  2. It's only a problem for some people, especially outside people. It doesn't affect ordinary folks.
  3. It's only a temporary problem. Although folks may be feeling some pain right now, it will go away soon, thanks to our twisting of words.
  4. The problem is lasting a little longer than expected, but none of the experts anticipated that. The school itself is working hard to fix everything.
  5. It's not our fault, and there's nothing we can do to fix the problem. Who is to blame? (In 2021, it was everyone's but ours; in 2022, it is everyone else's but ours.)
On issue after issue, the Meck County has stumbles down a rocky path. It begins by denying the problem. Once it is forced to admit the problem, it claims "it only affects a few people" and is temporary. As the problem lingers, that exact mindset claims that "even the experts were surprised" and "the someone is working on it.

"Their grand finale is that "it's not our fault"

Last edited:
Once again I coach at 2 different schools in CMS. Not sure which schools i coach at is important. Every school will be impacted by this during the coming season if coaches all over the district do not follow the rules. That is the important thing. If people are cheating this year they will get caught. The question will still remain whether or not the coaches knew they were cheating or if they were just lied to by the parents.

Maybe not so much in football but in other sports this is a big deal. I doubt a lot of softball or volleyball coaches for example have been scouring over their kids residency docs and then checking them with polaris etc. If they did they may find interesting info. Maybe now people will do that due diligence since it has now been shown that one lying family will indeed impact the whole team. As i said in past years it was stated that once docs are turned in then it would just be 365 for the kid if they are lying
You definitely Coach at Hough! It was a rhetorical question. FYI! Diverting and typing a short story of irrelevant information, that everyone knows. Is not an argument for defense. All you're doing is bringing more attention to their program. You only seem to hear the alleged information you want to hear. Administrators are all over these boards.

You definitely Coach at Hough! It was a rhetorical question. FYI! Diverting and typing a short story of irrelevant information, that everyone knows. Is not an argument for defense. All you're doing is bringing more attention to their program. You only seem to hear the alleged information you want to hear. Administrators are all over these boards.
no one is diverting. i have been very transparent about everything i have learned about his whole eligibilty process over the last few weeks. Sorry you seem to be more focused on where I may or may not coach a non revenue sport than the important thing which is that the Powers that Be are doing everything they can to fix the problem that you want fixed so badly.

• Haha
I know for 100% fact that Hough recruits players - saw it happen to 2 of the kids (starters - 1 RB and 1 LB) that I coached my last season coaching (who have both since graduated). Text messages, DM's, phone calls, you name it - they showed them to me themselves.

I don't know who a lot of you are involved with in CMS or what sports or whatever - but if you are at Hough and you are coaching football...someone has you on some good stuff or is paying you really good money to keep your mouth shut.

no one is diverting. i have been very transparent about everything i have learned about his whole eligibilty process over the last few weeks. Sorry you seem to be more focused on where I may or may not coach a non revenue sport than the important thing which is that the Powers that Be are doing everything they can to fix the problem that you want fixed so badly.
It's evident you don't know the definition of diverting. No one asked you about what you learned regarding the eligibility process, as the majority of the people know how it works. There are numerous schools on this forum that have been accused of alleged recruiting or illegal players. You only show up to defend Hough. I get it! The Powers that be, have checked out Hough from your sources, and they're clean. Gotha! Keep talking, and I'm going to send over this spread sheet to Erica Turner.

I realize that this is a free message board and anyone can post here - but if my name was KuttPack2010 who coaches at Hough HS...I might be taking a little bit of a hiatus from posting on a message board thread about eligibility issues...just saying, lol.

It's evident you don't know the definition of diverting. No one asked you about what you learned regarding the eligibility process, as the majority of the people know how it works. There are numerous schools on this forum that have been accused of alleged recruiting or illegal players. You only show up to defend Hough. I get it! The Powers that be, have checked out Hough from your sources, and they're clean. Gotha!
first off I have not defended anyone. just shared info that hough was reported several times and per my source (an ad at another school) nothing came from it. Sorry I chose to share that tidbit of info as it seems to have made you angry. As I said if anyone is cheating the new AD is going to find it. When you enforce the rules after so many years of them being ignored this will happen.

• Haha
I realize that this is a free message board and anyone can post here - but if my name was KuttPack2010 who coaches at Hough HS...I might be taking a little bit of a hiatus from posting on a message board thread about eligibility issues...just saying, lol.
It's amazing over there. They will piss on you, and tell you it's raining.

first off I have not defended anyone. just shared info that hough was reported several times and per my source (an ad at another school) nothing came from it. Sorry I chose to share that tidbit of info as it seems to have made you angry. As I said if anyone is cheating the new AD is going to find it. When you enforce the rules after so many years of them being ignored this will happen.
So my rebuttal to what you're saying, means I'm angary? LOL! I'm pretty consistent.

I realize that this is a free message board and anyone can post here - but if my name was KuttPack2010 who coaches at Hough HS...I might be taking a little bit of a hiatus from posting on a message board thread about eligibility issues...just saying, lol
sorry for trying to explain how all the rules work. this will be my last post. you guys are a trip. nothing i have said is not already out there. if you know where to find it. i will no longer contribute to the conversation since you do not find my info relevant.

• Haha
sorry for trying to explain how all the rules work. this will be my last post. you guys are a trip. nothing i have said is not already out there. if you know where to find it. i will no longer contribute to the conversation since you do not find my info relevant.
You're the innocent guy in the crime, who they didn't tell what was really going on. LMAO! Hey man! Drive us over to the bank to cash our checks. Keep the car running. lol!

• Haha
I’m am a Daylan Smother Fan - One of the best I have seen so with that being said; If they had evidence and all then rules are rules n county AD is laying down the law BUT my only issue is - Many other player have done this n I haven’t any other player get a 365, If they want to do it to Smothers then others need to follow n get a 365 too if other players are caught

if not - It’s totally …. But I will say this will have 0 affect on his recruitment n could be a blessing in disguise because he could go to private school n dominate like he has but I understand he has a chance to Graduate early so I’m curious if missing his senior year of HS could be on the table n he go right into College since he graduates early

You're the innocent guy in the crime, who they didn't tell what was really going on. LMAO! Hey man! Drive us over to the bank to cash our checks. Keep the car running. lol!
could not resist.....which crime are you referring to? Are you reporting a specific crime? seems to me you just spew off about programs you do not like and throw spaghetti at the wall to see if it sticks. like i said the new AD will find anyone who has ineligible players in cms. she has kind of proven that already......

• Haha
could not resist.....which crime are you referring to? Are you reporting a specific crime? seems to me you just spew off about programs you do not like and throw spaghetti at the wall to see if it sticks. like i said the new AD will find anyone who has ineligible players in cms. she has kind of proven that already......
It's not a coincident or throwing spaghetti, when everyone in the City points fingers at Hough, when it comes to illegal players or recruiting. It's not like people would be upset over their success or the numerous State Championships they've won.

I’m am a Daylan Smother Fan - One of the best I have seen so with that being said; If they had evidence and all then rules are rules n county AD is laying down the law BUT my only issue is - Many other player have done this n I haven’t any other player get a 365, If they want to do it to Smothers then others need to follow n get a 365 too if other players are caught

if not - It’s totally …. But I will say this will have 0 affect on his recruitment n could be a blessing in disguise because he could go to private school n dominate like he has but I understand he has a chance to Graduate early so I’m curious if missing his senior year of HS could be on the table n he go right into College since he graduates early
some of the private schools do not allow early graduation. i have heard that he and KC both tried to go to PD this year but did not get in.

• Haha
Would be interesting to see how the local news spin this, if they even report it. Obviously the focus wont be on Hough, but rather on this case itself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT