ADVERTISEMENT

Chambers football

Yes, you are old school. These kids were raised in front of screens and the new currency is likes and follows. Essentially they're starting to build their brand early. Think about the top HS athletes (hoops/fball) in the country that we hear all about...do you know their W-L record and how many trophies they have?

Duke Basketball saw this early and set the pace in 2010's. They may never win another banner, but they sell the kids on building their brand in a season or 2 and put out arguably the best media product out there. Its a showcase.
I’m pretty lost. Can you explain to me what any of that has to do with a High School consistently doing hype videos, and hiring a videographer to brand the program? College I get! High school, don’t see it.

I’m pretty lost. Can you explain to me what any of that has to do with a High School consistently doing hype videos, and hiring a videographer to brand the program? College I get! High school, don’t see it.
Sure, one of the most talked about HS football players in the area last season...on here, on Observer Preps, etc....played 0 snaps, scored 0 TD's and won 0 trophies last season. Yet, he's still relevant due in large part to Chambers' emphesis on social media.

Sure, one of the most talked about HS football players in the area last season...on here, on Observer Preps, etc....played 0 snaps, scored 0 TD's and won 0 trophies last season. Yet, he's still relevant due in large part to Chambers' emphesis on social media.
Ok, Who was that?

Hint: He’s a Sooner no
Hmmmm., Maybe he was just a popular player even before getting to Vance/CHAMBERS? Even with the hype not all of their players reached his level of success/popularity. Would venture to say his transfer to West Charlotte, him being ineligible as the state player of the year, and his incredible talent made him popular not the social media. Then being turned in by the same school that won two ships off of him..... Wont get into that, but folks know.....Karma

Their social media has increased and I can barely name 5 players they will have this year outside of their dbs. None that are generational like Hollywood. None at all.

Triple Zeros yet somehow he manages to get accepted and assigned to one of the most prestigious respected college programs in the country? Incompetence at its best. If nothing else, something is obviously lacking. Why was he named North Carolina High School Player of the Year in 2021?

Triple Zeros yet somehow he manages to get accepted and assigned to one of the most prestigious respected college programs in the country? Incompetence at its best. If nothing else, something is obviously lacking. Why was he named North Carolina High School Player of the Year in 2021?
To clarify, I'm rooting for the kid. Saw him play a handful of times and I think he's worthy of all accolades sent his way.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Yes, you are old school. These kids were raised in front of screens and the new currency is likes and follows. Essentially they're starting to build their brand early. Think about the top HS athletes (hoops/fball) in the country that we hear all about...do you know their W-L record and how many trophies they have?

Duke Basketball saw this early and set the pace in 2010's. They may never win another banner, but they sell the kids on building their brand in a season or 2 and put out arguably the best media product out there. Its a showcase.
While I don't disagree with some of the analysis here the reality is there is ZERO cause in effect between super awesome hype videos and wins and losses. Always thought Vance/Chambers stuff was done well but the program turned the corner pre- hype video not post. I follow a decent amount of successful programs nationwide on SM. Some do alot, others zero. Dutch Fork comes to mind as fairly benign...they seem to win alot.

I've seen a fair amount of local teams that seem to do alot of it and the play on the field doesn't look quite as menacing as the mic'd up hard-core rap videos do.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Transfer portal. Biff Poggi calling.

The videos and social media can be a positive thing or negative depending on who you're asking. It doesn't win games or lose them BUT! I love it because not all kids will play college ball and may never get to experience that type of hype again in their lives. Let the kids have fun. Also can someone DM me what happened with Hackett?

Being very close to the Vance/Chambers community I will say that this is the culture of the school. The school’s event climate is set up like an HCBU and the students are very prideful of their school. The basketball and football programs have taken off in the past 5 years and both have a very strong social media presence. Frasier’s approach is a lot different with the basketball advertisement as they are a lot more clean cut and their page is run more or less like a business. Their basketball team has come up short but they’ve been a constant top 3 team in 4A for the past 5 years and A LOT of college coaches follow them. The football program’s social media is catered for entertainment. You’d be surprised at the number of opponents they are able to intimidate because they put out so much video production. They’ve been Charlotte High School Football prime time going on 6 years and they’ve been able to talk the talk and walk the walk. What surprises me is the girls’ basketball team won 3 straight 4A championships but you barely see anything about them.

Being very close to the Vance/Chambers community I will say that this is the culture of the school. The school’s event climate is set up like an HCBU and the students are very prideful of their school. The basketball and football programs have taken off in the past 5 years and both have a very strong social media presence. Frasier’s approach is a lot different with the basketball advertisement as they are a lot more clean cut and their page is run more or less like a business. Their basketball team has come up short but they’ve been a constant top 3 team in 4A for the past 5 years and A LOT of college coaches follow them. The football program’s social media is catered for entertainment. You’d be surprised at the number of opponents they are able to intimidate because they put out so much video production. They’ve been Charlotte High School Football prime time going on 6 years and they’ve been able to talk the talk and walk the walk. What surprises me is the girls’ basketball team won 3 straight 4A championships but you barely see anything about them.
As someone who has watched Vance/Chambers since 2007 I think the transformation at the school has been incredible. They always had the athletes but Brand and Carlos really changed the culture. I like that edge and chip on the shoulder they seem to rally around. 6 years?? A bit aggressive. Big 4 year run for sure....either last year was a one off or it was the beginning of the decline. I'm thinking the latter. Personally I think the power in Meck is beginning to move back south again.

As someone who has watched Vance/Chambers since 2007 I think the transformation at the school has been incredible. They always had the athletes but Brand and Carlos really changed the culture. I like that edge and chip on the shoulder they seem to rally around. 6 years?? A bit aggressive. Big 4 year run for sure....either last year was a one off or it was the beginning of the decline. I'm thinking the latter. Personally I think the power in Meck is beginning to move back south again.
We get to find out when Indy meets Mallard Creek. Can’t wait for that one.

So you're telling me due to Social Media presence that a number of opponents have been so frightened, intimidated, and often jittery that all the championships were won as a result of opponents inability to function? If the recipe is accurate. It should be made a requirement by the NCHSAA to become a norm state-wide so others may win.

So you're telling me due to Social Media presence that a number of opponents have been so frightened, intimidated, and often jittery that all the championships were won as a result of opponents inability to function? If the recipe is accurate. It should be made a requirement by the NCHSAA to become a norm state-wide so others may win.
You sound like you 1.) came looking for a problem and 2. lack reading comprehension. Never said any of that.

Big game for both programs but beyond just that game Indy- Butler both very good. Catholic is Catholic. Olympic goes 11-1 LY.. even Ardrey Kell is slowly turning some stuff around.
Olympic was a fake 11-1. Possibly the weakest 11-1 team in the history of NC. Played a very weak schedule and got flat out destroyed by Independence. Factor for the ship.

Catholic will struggle in 4A to match the success they had in 3A. They will be begging to move back down next realignment. Since being in 4A first round exit, and a 2nd round exit. Not a factor for the ship.

Ardrey Kell is a well coached team that will be very solid but not challenge for the ship. 8-2, 9-2 type team with a possible first round win.

Indy-Will be great, Think MC beats them early and Indy runs the table the remainder of the season. They have hada remarkable turnaround. Factor for the ship.

Butler WIll be great. Only losses Langston Hughes and Indy. Factor for the ship. Defensively lose some personnel, but that offense will be elite. Factor for the ship. Coach Hales is a great old school football coach. He will have Butler rolling this year.

Olympic was a fake 11-1. Possibly the weakest 11-1 team in the history of NC. Played a very weak schedule and got flat out destroyed by Independence. Factor for the ship.

Catholic will struggle in 4A to match the success they had in 3A. They will be begging to move back down next realignment. Since being in 4A first round exit, and a 2nd round exit. Not a factor for the ship.

Ardrey Kell is a well coached team that will be very solid but not challenge for the ship. 8-2, 9-2 type team with a possible first round win.

Indy-Will be great, Think MC beats them early and Indy runs the table the remainder of the season. They have hada remarkable turnaround. Factor for the ship.

Butler WIll be great. Only losses Langston Hughes and Indy. Factor for the ship. Defensively lose some personnel, but that offense will be elite. Factor for the ship. Coach Hales is a great old school football coach. He will have Butler rolling this year.
In defense of Olympic, Palisades took a nice part of their team when they opened up. Independence is a better team I think Olympic is a better team than what they showed in that game. I think they will be solid.

Catholic intrigues me this year, curious to see how they do.

Indy was really good last year so I want to see how they build on this because they’re not shocking anyone this season. Teams will “get up” for Indy and which hasn’t happened in over a decade.

Butler is Butler.

The north is still stout, hopefully power shifts to the south again

The conference that Butler, Independence and CC is in will be fun one to watch. Especially with any of the 3 that I listed above play other.

Would you also say that some of your 3a teams are better than what they are now? I think that is also a factor that people don't take into consideration
The only game Catholic has been beaten decisively since coming to 4A is Grimsley which surprised me at the time. I think Myers Park and Catholic should be swapped. Good chance they could have won conference twice if that happened.

The only game Catholic has been beaten decisively since coming to 4A is Grimsley which surprised me at the time. I think Myers Park and Catholic should be swapped. Good chance they could have won conference twice if that happened.

Them church boys can't hang in 4a, they know this...... First round clowns again this year....

• Haha
Reactions: New3ra
Them church boys can't hang in 4a, they know this...... First round clowns again this year....
They cant hang in 4A. They are gonna wanna move down next realignment. When they play in the correct division they are just a good team and not dominant at all. Another first or 2nd round exit coming this year.

Its easy dominating when u a private school playing public and also being a Catholic School. Catholic private schools dominate HS football regardless of state. Its a priority for them.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Last year's game against Providence Day, came down to who had the ball last. CC couldn't stop the passing game, Jadyn Davis had 352 yards in passing. Providence Day couldn't stop the run. Catholic finished with 308 yards rushing. PD took over with 1:42, with great clock management went down and scored leaving 11.8 seconds on the clock for the win.

Last year's game against Providence Day, came down to who had the ball last. CC couldn't stop the passing game, Jadyn Davis had 352 yards in passing. Providence Day couldn't stop the run. Catholic finished with 308 yards rushing. PD took over with 1:42, with great clock management went down and scored leaving 11.8 seconds on the clock for the win.
Was a great game. Two of the best private schools in the southeast battling it out with contrasting styles. Their labor day game will highlight a great labor day friday night

Reactions: btango
Did anyone hear if Hackett ended up anywhere else or if he got out of coaching completely? He's been oddly quiet on Twitter for a while (since like mid-June) and his bio still says WC DC. Dude used to tweet 17 times a day, now it's basically zero.

Did anyone hear if Hackett ended up anywhere else or if he got out of coaching completely? He's been oddly quiet on Twitter for a while (since like mid-June) and his bio still says WC DC. Dude used to tweet 17 times a day, now it's basically zero.
I don’t know of a coach in the area, that needs a mentor more. He can’t get out of his own way.

In defense of Olympic, Palisades took a nice part of their team when they opened up. Independence is a better team I think Olympic is a better team than what they showed in that game. I think they will be solid.

Catholic intrigues me this year, curious to see how they do.

Indy was really good last year so I want to see how they build on this because they’re not shocking anyone this season. Teams will “get up” for Indy and which hasn’t happened in over a decade.

Butler is Butler.

The north is still stout, hopefully power shifts to the south again

Yeah Butler is Butler, start off well, then falls asleep in the middle of the game to either win a close one that shouldn't be close or lose where they should have won.

Reactions: 87SwO
Yeah Butler is Butler, start off well, then falls asleep in the middle of the game to either win a close one that shouldn't be close or lose where they should have won.
The Butler/Grimsley game of Spring 2021 is pretty much what you described. Butler should have a small 4A title but hats off to Grimsley for fighting back.

The Butler/Grimsley game of Spring 2021 is pretty much what you described. Butler should have a small 4A title but hats off to Grimsley for fighting back.
Happened in 2011. Was up 3 TDs on Page at halftime, and slept on the wrong team.

Happened in 2011. Was up 3 TDs on Page at halftime, and slept on the wrong team.
I have mentioned this before but I believe the 2010 Butler team was the best in their history, many would argue 2012. I don’t think it’s a discussion if Christian Lemay played his senior year but that’s another story. Butler in 2010 played Page in Matthews. That game was more competitive than the final score indicated. I remember leaving that game thinking Page was alot better than I gave them credit for. Page beating Butler in 2011 wasn’t shocking to me but the manner in which it happened was.

I have mentioned this before but I believe the 2010 Butler team was the best in their history, many would argue 2012. I don’t think it’s a discussion if Christian Lemay played his senior year but that’s another story. Butler in 2010 played Page in Matthews. That game was more competitive than the final score indicated. I remember leaving that game thinking Page was alot better than I gave them credit for. Page beating Butler in 2011 wasn’t shocking to me but the manner in which it happened was.
At full strength I will take 2012. They lost a couple kids on the defensive side late in the year but they were unreal at full strength

At full strength I will take 2012. They lost a couple kids on the defensive side late in the year but they were unreal at full strength
Can’t go wrong with 2012. I thought the 2010 team was dominant playing a better schedule. Mt. Tabor, Richmond twice, Hibriten (who was really good 3A), Chambers twice, Page and Wake Forest.

2012 although really talented beat a relatively “down” Mallard Creek team and East Forsyth was pretty good. I wished they had more of a stiff schedule but they were dominant.

Its why I like the 2013 Mallard Creek team as their best team but many Creek guys prefer other teams. I liked 2002 Indy over 2004 Indy.

Reactions: beamer24
Can’t go wrong with 2012. I thought the 2010 team was dominant playing a better schedule. Mt. Tabor, Richmond twice, Hibriten (who was really good 3A), Chambers twice, Page and Wake Forest.

2012 although really talented beat a relatively “down” Mallard Creek team and East Forsyth was pretty good. I wished they had more of a stiff schedule but they were dominant.

Its why I like the 2013 Mallard Creek team as their best team but many Creek guys prefer other teams. I liked 2002 Indy over 2004 Indy.
I don't know if you could call The Creek down in 2012. Butler was the only team we couldn't beat. LOL! Outside of Butler. We averaged almost 60 points a game with 5 shut outs and held opponents to a 4.8 average points per game.

Reactions: shutdownD24

That RB Butler had then was a load.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT