ADVERTISEMENT

"As The Crow Flies"

Hon Dines

Aug 21, 2002
China Grove, NC
Definition of eating crow:
Eating crow means humiliation by admitting having been proven wrong after taking a strong position.

Who's eating crow today?
Someone pick a winner that lost?

any takers!

You picked North Pitt over my Eagles. But you can slide over some and make way for @daagoob you’re in good company.
Lol, someone noticed your comment about us being overrated and seeded to high. This is someone I introduced you to a couple years back. This person thinks your one of the more well informed posters up here. They said you’ll be regretting that soon. I did pick N Pitt because of that big back of theirs. I also picked SWO and lost on that. I did get Holmes and SE Alamance right though so it wasn’t all bad. I have Northeastern in the eastern championship so we’ll see how that pans out. We are going to be loaded for the next three years so nows the time to beat us.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Lol, someone noticed your comment about us being overrated and seeded to high. This is someone I introduced you to a couple years back. This person thinks your one of the more well informed posters up here. They said you’ll be regretting that soon. I did pick N Pitt because of that big back of theirs. I also picked SWO and lost on that. I did get Holmes and SE Alamance right though so it wasn’t all bad. I have Northeastern in the eastern championship so we’ll see how that pans out. We are going to be loaded for the next three years so nows the time to beat us.
I’d like to see that comment. I think you stretched it a bit. I do think you have to play a better team and win than you have played in regular season. I pointed out that NE was the only team in the top 12 that the oowp was higher than their owp.

I’d like to see that comment. I think you stretched it a bit. I do think you have to play a better team and win than you have played in regular season. I pointed out that NE was the only team in the top 12 that the oowp was higher than their owp.
Facts don't go over real well on Preps. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: FootballDad2023
Well I probably shouldn’t pick on anyone over predictions cause I never make any myself.

Ran into someone and they asked about your post, I didn’t bring it up to them. I was told to just say silent and everything is going to work out perfectly.

You are exactly right.
I have a few facts for everyone

Clinton 11-0
Northeastern 11-0

Wrh beat NE last season in the playoffs by 5 pts. NE played without its star running back

East Duplin went to overtime against Wrh in Teachey a few weeks ago with a freshman rb and also missing their best defensive player

NE is O-3 against Wrh and 0-3 against Reidsville

See these are facts

• Haha
Reactions: FootballDad2023
I have a few facts for everyone

Clinton 11-0
Northeastern 11-0

Wrh beat NE last season in the playoffs by 5 pts. NE played without its star running back

East Duplin went to overtime against Wrh in Teachey a few weeks ago with a freshman rb and also missing their best defensive player

NE is O-3 against Wrh and 0-3 against Reidsville

See these are facts
Easy Goob that wasn't directed at you. I was actually meaning I have said before when I put facts up here they seem frowned upon. I can see where it would seem I directed it at you though. Your facts are right except East Duplin RB is a Sophomore. Had to correct you since you got fired up some. Just to pick at you a bit.

Last edited:
Ran into someone and they asked about your post, I didn’t bring it up to them. I was told to just say silent and everything is going to work out perfectly.
Then chew quietly! You picked NP to win. The thread is about eating crow.

I like your coach. I couldn’t pull against him.

Easy Goob that wasn't directed at you. I was actually meaning I have said before when I put facts up here they seem frowned upon. I can see where it would seem I directed it at you though. Your facts are right except East Duplin RB is a Sophomore. Had to correct you since you got fired up some. Just to pick at you a bit.

Lol, I knew they weren’t directed towards us. Sorry you thought that, your super chill with me. I cant wait to eat with yourself,04,and Oldway. I’m just messing around up here. Everyone knows I’m still salty from those wrh losses. I cant seem to let it go, for a while I was losing sleep over it.

Lol, I knew they weren’t directed towards us. Sorry you thought that, your super chill with me. I cant wait to eat with yourself,04,and Oldway. I’m just messing around up here. Everyone knows I’m still salty from those wrh losses. I cant seem to let it go, for a while I was losing sleep over it.
Ok just wanted to make sure. On my end when you quoted what I said it made it seem you might of took it that way. I would like to eat with you guys and appreciate the invite by @oldway55 and yourself but doubt I get to cause I will have to close up shop where I work and usually get out of here just in time to make it to the game. Usually grab a bite to eat at the game or after. I will try to meet you guys while at the game if the match ups happen like we think they will.

Ok just wanted to make sure. On my end when you quoted what I said it made it seem you might of took it that way. I would like to eat with you guys and appreciate the invite by @oldway55 and yourself but doubt I get to cause I will have to close up shop where I work and usually get out of here just in time to make it to the game. Usually grab a bite to eat at the game or after. I will try to meet you guys while at the game if the match ups happen like we think they will.
I understand, yeah will just have to see how things play out. We played last night w/o our rb. Im not sure if he’s injured or coaches just felt we didn’t need him and wanted to get the big #4 some reps. Last nights game had the feel of a scrimmage tbh. Our kids weren’t going all out.

I understand, yeah will just have to see how things play out. We played last night w/o our rb. Im not sure if he’s injured or coaches just felt we didn’t need him and wanted to get the big #4 some reps. Last nights game had the feel of a scrimmage tbh. Our kids weren’t going all out.
We were without our RB #4 Robinson last night also. Hope he will be back round 3. They must have not been going all out to let North Johnston put that many points on you guys. Which there were times last night the Dark Horses disappointed me too. I just wish we could clean up these penalties. I don’t think any last night were holding calls but still too many. I like the aggressiveness on defense but can’t keep jumping offsides. Like another poster noted though in the Whiteville game we got a lot of penalties and it still didn’t slow us down. I’m afraid though against tougher teams later in playoffs could bite us if we don’t clean them up.

We were without our RB #4 Robinson last night also. Hope he will be back round 3. They must have not been going all out to let North Johnston put that many points on you guys. Which there were times last night the Dark Horses disappointed me too. I just wish we could clean up these penalties. I don’t think any last night were holding calls but still too many. I like the aggressiveness on defense but can’t keep jumping offsides. Like another poster noted though in the Whiteville game we got a lot of penalties and it still didn’t slow us down. I’m afraid though against tougher teams later in playoffs could bite us if we don’t clean them up.
I’ve never stated this before but our qb is a master at making opposing defensive lines jump off side. It’s almost comical how good he is and It’s something you don’t see much at the high school level. I’m not sure if the credit goes to our qb or our coaches. We always hear the negatives in regards to our defense but there are just so many positives fans and others don’t talk about

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT