ADVERTISEMENT

AL Brown HC Search

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
With the Announce today by Mike Newsome that he is retiring- AL Brown for the first time in 11 year is Open

I am fully confident that ALB will have a ton of applicants and a good pool of coaches to apply but Ultimately What Direction do they go from Coach Newsome

With the Announce today by Mike Newsome that he is retiring- AL Brown for the first time in 11 year is Open

I am fully confident that ALB will have a ton of applicants and a good pool of coaches to apply but Ultimately What Direction do they go from Coach Newsome
What is your list of names?

What is your list of names?
Now my list is JUST who I could possibly see as a "Possibility" and Has no value that they would apply or not

Barry Merritt - I know some would disagree with this one but He has been at ALB for a while and He comes from a Coaching family as his dad was big time coach at one point but I could see him getting HC job eventually.

Jonathan Grice - He will be a HC at some point, He been one of the best Offensive minded coaches in CLT Metro. He did well at Hopewell and Cox Mill.

Joe Nixon: He prob happy at Mooresville but If ALB ever goes back down to 3A , thats where Nixon has had a lot of success at West Rowan and Also North Rowan. I think He could maybe look into Brown but I think unlikely but ALB is a big time job like Mooresville is

AZ coach: I informed one of my AZ coaching buds. I dont know if he has a shot or not but He is at a BIG school in PHX metro and They are very dynamic coach and They do a lot social media if I had give a compare them I would say Chambers in term of how they promote the program

I am sure many Coordinators and local coaches would put in, This is one of the most respected school jobs in NC , A lot of History and all

One thing I know will be : ALB needs to keep kids at ALB there been a ton of transfer out of ALB to NWC, East Rowan and such ..... Also they needs to get the middle school program back on track as well

That’s why I don’t put stock in the JVS record every year. It’s because they are a lot of freshmen playing on the team.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Now my list is JUST who I could possibly see as a "Possibility" and Has no value that they would apply or not

Barry Merritt - I know some would disagree with this one but He has been at ALB for a while and He comes from a Coaching family as his dad was big time coach at one point but I could see him getting HC job eventually.

Jonathan Grice - He will be a HC at some point, He been one of the best Offensive minded coaches in CLT Metro. He did well at Hopewell and Cox Mill.

Joe Nixon: He prob happy at Mooresville but If ALB ever goes back down to 3A , thats where Nixon has had a lot of success at West Rowan and Also North Rowan. I think He could maybe look into Brown but I think unlikely but ALB is a big time job like Mooresville is

AZ coach: I informed one of my AZ coaching buds. I dont know if he has a shot or not but He is at a BIG school in PHX metro and They are very dynamic coach and They do a lot social media if I had give a compare them I would say Chambers in term of how they promote the program

I am sure many Coordinators and local coaches would put in, This is one of the most respected school jobs in NC , A lot of History and all

One thing I know will be : ALB needs to keep kids at ALB there been a ton of transfer out of ALB to NWC, East Rowan and such ..... Also they needs to get the middle school program back on track as well
I have an incredibly hard time believing Kannapolis will hire an assistant. That’s not how they usually do things.

Reactions: btango and 84k
I have an incredibly hard time believing Kannapolis will hire an assistant. That’s not how they usually do things.
Again I never said they are or will - I’m just going off who I think could get the job - Again like I said in that post - I have 0 clue who will apply and if they are or not

One coach I didn’t name seems to be interested and he a local guy but won’t say who because idk if he is or isn’t but if he does apply n gets the job it will be a upgrade for that coach

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT