ADVERTISEMENT

5-1 Robbinsville at 5-1 Murphy

Not sure who you are directing that to, but that Andrews group from last year sure did good in youth league. IMO if you can keep a good group of kids together from youth league on up, then youth success can translate to high school success. Unless your group of youth players stop getting bigger, stronger, and faster while everyone else’s do not.
No not directed at you or anyone in particular because it’s been used on here many times over the years and I agree with what you say. To me if you can keep a good group together you sure have a good chance of being successful. It isn’t guaranteed but if they put in the work and time it’s possible

Yep but I bet you don't role in the finals Big Oaks or Wallace Shelton stadium I think we have you all number I think we are are light years better than Murphy you can't hide we are coming we want rematch of 09 game we'd love take you wallet at Big Oaks to
Y’all should be better than Murphy considering what you returned from last season and considering how young Murphy is right now. Give the Dogs some time to get right (a year or two) and then let’s meet up in the playoffs!

As for Robbinsville, be careful what you wish for MA, because you just might get it! The knights are for real, and they are loaded. If they get the turnovers cleaned up, they are gonna be a tough out for anyone , and you won’t play a better back than #4. That I can promise. Kid is a stud.

Y’all should be better than Murphy considering what you returned from last season and considering how young Murphy is right now. Give the Dogs some time to get right (a year or two) and then let’s meet up in the playoffs!

As for Robbinsville, be careful what you wish for MA, because you just might get it! The knights are for real, and they are loaded. If they get the turnovers cleaned up, they are gonna be a tough out for anyone , and you won’t play a better back than #4. That I can promise. Kid is a stud.
I agree Nole, Murphy is young with a ton of upside. Sloppy game from Robbinsville tonight with ball security. Definitely have to clean that up. As far as MA goes they can just keep flapping those gums all they want. They talk about speed. I guarantee to you they don’t hold a candle to Rabun Gap and Robbinsville held their own for 3 quarters with all that SPEED. But that may be a game that’s never played. A lot of football left. Good luck at Swain, next week. Hope the dogs run wild over there

I agree Nole, Murphy is young with a ton of upside. Sloppy game from Robbinsville tonight with ball security. Definitely have to clean that up. As far as MA goes they can just keep flapping those gums all they want. They talk about speed. I guarantee to you they don’t hold a candle to Rabun Gap and Robbinsville held their own for 3 quarters with all that SPEED. But that may be a game that’s never played. A lot of football left. Good luck at Swain, next week. Hope the dogs run wild over there
Good luck to y’all too. Hope you get your shot at MA and I hope it’s at Big Oaks. Robbinsville should be playing their best ball of the season at that time if they stay healthy. If they do then I like their chances.
Heck of a game tonight even though the turnovers helped the dogs hang around. To be able to survive a game like that (and on the road) is a sign of a great team. A championship caliber team.

Last edited:
Y’all should be better than Murphy considering what you returned from last season and considering how young Murphy is right now. Give the Dogs some time to get right (a year or two) and then let’s meet up in the playoff
Murphy looking at returning 8-9 starters on both sides of the ball going into next season, if #28 had one more year I'd have Murphy as the pre-season 2024 SMC favorite and pegged for a deep playoff run next year.

I think it could be difficult without #28 though offensively next season for Murphy. #5 is going to need another legit back to take the pressure off next year and I don't see one on the current roster. Davis on JV is going to be a stud but I can't see him being on varsity next year as a 9th grader being the age of an 8th grader next season. Davis is really talented but that's too young for that jump in my opinion. Ty Wiley was a varsity player at Murphy at the same age as Davis will be next year, so it can be done, but Ty Wiley was pretty physically mature at that age and a great player obviously.

Next year is when losing Turner to transfer will really really start to hurt, having him at wing with #5 at tail and #3 at WR would've really set up Murphy for an explosive offense next season.

You all talk about comparing MA speed against Rueben Gap speed. The facts are MA can match anyone in the state when speed is talked about. And we don’t go recruit a team for of speedsters like Rueben Gap. We have six or seven guys on offense that can fly and a line that is quick and very strong. And the scary part is the defense is just as fast if not faster. So you may have a quick back like #4 and a speedy we but not all of them. And if you gonna bank your success on running the ball you in for a long night. You will not run it up the middle with our sophomore nose tackle and no one has success getting to the outside with our speed at defensive end and linebackers. You better be able to throw the ball but only have about 3 seconds to get rid of it or you gonna get hit by our defensive ends. So pick your poison. Duda for draughn was gonna come in and run all over us last year and ask them how that worked out. And we are deeper, faster and stronger than last year. The comment about be careful what we ask for is funny. You must think we scared of you and Big Oaks. Not!!!! If you fumble the ball four times against the Bears there will be another running clock early. Hope to see you real soon.

Robbinsville lead the RPI now.
Swain is fixing to pass MA also.

You all talk about comparing MA speed against Rueben Gap speed. The facts are MA can match anyone in the state when speed is talked about. And we don’t go recruit a team for of speedsters like Rueben Gap. We have six or seven guys on offense that can fly and a line that is quick and very strong. And the scary part is the defense is just as fast if not faster. So you may have a quick back like #4 and a speedy we but not all of them. And if you gonna bank your success on running the ball you in for a long night. You will not run it up the middle with our sophomore nose tackle and no one has success getting to the outside with our speed at defensive end and linebackers. You better be able to throw the ball but only have about 3 seconds to get rid of it or you gonna get hit by our defensive ends. So pick your poison. Duda for draughn was gonna come in and run all over us last year and ask them how that worked out. And we are deeper, faster and stronger than last year. The comment about be careful what we ask for is funny. You must think we scared of you and Big Oaks. Not!!!! If you fumble the ball four times against the Bears there will be another running clock early. Hope to see you real soon.
You have something on your chin…..

That is purely funny. I mean really, LOL, you remind me of the Draughn fans of last year. We can not wait for Robbinsville to come to Wallacew Shelton Stadium.
Keep wishing buzz Jr. I can’t wait til someone humbles Mt Arrogant for you and buzz. You guys aren’t even fun to talk football with.

Murphy looking at returning 8-9 starters on both sides of the ball going into next season, if #28 had one more year I'd have Murphy as the pre-season 2024 SMC favorite and pegged for a deep playoff run next year.

I think it could be difficult without #28 though offensively next season for Murphy. #5 is going to need another legit back to take the pressure off next year and I don't see one on the current roster. Davis on JV is going to be a stud but I can't see him being on varsity next year as a 9th grader being the age of an 8th grader next season. Davis is really talented but that's too young for that jump in my opinion. Ty Wiley was a varsity player at Murphy at the same age as Davis will be next year, so it can be done, but Ty Wiley was pretty physically mature at that age and a great player obviously.

Next year is when losing Turner to transfer will really really start to hurt, having him at wing with #5 at tail and #3 at WR would've really set up Murphy for an explosive offense next season.
Turner went to RG for baseball right?

Turner went to RG for baseball right?
Yes but he was a stud on JV in football, especially when you factor in how little he had played football before, he would've just kept improving. As with Cuttler you can't teach speed, Turner might be even faster than Cuttler and as we all know Cuttler can fly.

Off topic but Perfect Game has Turner up to a 9 out of 10 rating now on their rating scale (he's ranked top 450 nationally and top 30 in North Carolina), he's almost assuredly going to be a Power 5 D1 baseball recruit.

Last edited:
Reactions: thekidd12
Yes but he was a stud on JV in football, especially when you factor in how little he had played football before, he would've just kept improving. As with Cuttler you can't teach speed, Turner might be even faster than Cuttler and as we all know Cuttler can fly.

Off topic but Perfect Game has Turner up to 9 rating now, he's almost assuredly going to be a Power 5 D1 baseball recruit.
Got to watch him last year in our game against them. Good little ball player. Rabun Gap is loaded in baseball as well.

I agree that if 28 had one more year that Murphy would be set up for deep run next season. He obviously can’t be replaced, but hopefully between Will Shore, Jonah Hedden, and a handful of the just moved up freshmen like Michael Brown, Ayden Williams, and Grayson Hall, someone can emerge to help Clem next season. Also agree on Davis and think that it’s just a matter of time until him and Clem become a terrific duo and take over this conference. Add Michael Brown to the mix and Murphy is looking tough in the not too distant future. Davis is a tough, hard working, super talented and versatile kid but needs some time to grow and mature a little more before he’s ready to step into a starting varsity role, being that he only turned 13 at the end of August this year. Would like to see him play another full year of JV next season then move on up after the JV season ends. That way he can be brought along slowly and can help out and gain experience in spots and certain situations, which will be very valuable for the last half of next season.

Reactions: mbdfan
Keep wishing buzz Jr. I can’t wait til someone humbles Mt Arrogant for you and buzz. You guys aren’t even fun to talk football with.
The most arrogant people on this board are from robbinsville. You all think you know football but don’t have a clue. Power I the only football you all know. What a joke. That works in the mountains but not down with the flatlanders as you all call us. You say myself and buzz don’t know football, I guess all those college scouts don’t either and must be at the wrong place. Keep beating that chest and you gonna get what you want and then we will not hear a word out of you or BK. He living in dream world anyway. He be home by halftime watching his favorite shows if we come calling. Glad he lives only 3 miles away. Lmao

Any of you guys want to meet up in Rville let me know.
Would love to see a snow or heavy rain game week 5.
❄️ 🌨️

The most arrogant people on this board are from robbinsville. You all think you know football but don’t have a clue. Power I the only football you all know. What a joke. That works in the mountains but not down with the flatlanders as you all call us. You say myself and buzz don’t know football, I guess all those college scouts don’t either and must be at the wrong place. Keep beating that chest and you gonna get what you want and then we will not hear a word out of you or BK. He living in dream world anyway. He be home by halftime watching his favorite shows if we come calling. Glad he lives only 3 miles away. Lmao
First off, I’ve never called you or your conference flatlanders. Never said you nor buzz didn’t know football. I actually never mentioned you. I mentioned Whitley and buzz. Our way of football has produced plenty of Championships. It works. If Mt Airy beats us, so be it. I’ve never said they wouldn’t beat us. I’ve told every Mt Airy fan on here to be careful thinking they are gonna run away with it. Robbinsville/Murphy/Swain, aren’t gonna lay down and give it to you. You’re gonna have to take it. Don’t get me confused with some of the other posters. While I stick by my team and love to hash things out with opposing fans, I will not tuck my tail and run if Mt Airy beats us. I will congratulate and tell the West to bring it home.

The problem with most of what you are saying is that you assume Robbinsville is like all of the other weak sisters that you guys play all year long. They are not. They are loaded and will hit you right in the mouth. I’m telling you. Be careful what you wish for…..and this is coming from a Murphy fan.

Most people from Robbinsville do know football. Please do not categorize the rest of us with a couple of others that talk out their hind ends. I’m pretty sure other than those 2 no one is beating their chest. The football team sure isn’t, they know that you guys have a great football team and will be in for a game of that game ever happens .

The problem with most of what you are saying is that you assume Robbinsville is like all of the other weak sisters that you guys play all year long. They are not. They are loaded and will hit you right in the mouth. I’m telling you. Be careful what you wish for…..and this is coming from a Murphy fan.
The problem here is you must think mount airy are a bunch of pansies and can’t take a hit. You are dead wrong and your team will not be the only one dishing out the hits. And last time Murphy came to mount airy with that big offense you took a bad beating and went back up the mountain. You don’t have to worry we will be glad to come up there and see will be really bad to get spanked at home after all the crap you talk. We were a 4 seed last year remember…….

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
And last time Murphy came to mount airy with that big offense you took a bad beating and went back up the mountain.
Murphy scored 35 points and had over 400 yards of offense with their stud fullback out injured and their top receiver/free safety playing hurt. The better team won but I wouldnt call a 2 score win at home a bad beating, that's me though.

That 35 Murphy scored was with Murphy's QB running for his life most of the night behind a subpar (by Murphy standards) line. Murphy's offense still did enough, the problem was Murphy couldn't stop Holder and Smith defensively running the ball and Mount Airy had a far superior special teams unit.

I would've loved for those two teams to have played the following year in 2018 when Murphy brought back most of their skills and starters but had a much better o-line and d-line with Mugharbil and Rayburn moving up from JV. It would've been a hell of a game.

Last edited:
The problem here is you must think mount airy are a bunch of pansies and can’t take a hit. You are dead wrong and your team will not be the only one dishing out the hits. And last time Murphy came to mount airy with that big offense you took a bad beating and went back up the mountain. You don’t have to worry we will be glad to come up there and see will be really bad to get spanked at home after all the crap you talk. We were a 4 seed last year remember…….
Well since you bring up last time Murphy, if I'm correct the next week after that you didn't cross 50 but 3 times, and tarboro cleaned ya clock,

Look here it is ,nobody worried about anyone SMC MA is freakin loaded with speed all across the board. Very physical and focused! Soo ready for playoffs so y'all can see.

Murphy scored 35 points and had over 400 yards of offense with their stud fullback out injured and their top receiver/free safety playing hurt. The better team won but I wouldnt call a 2 score win at home a bad beating, that's me though.

That 35 Murphy scored was with Murphy's QB running for his life most of the night behind a subpar (by Murphy standards) line. Murphy's offense still did enough, the problem was Murphy couldn't stop Holder and Smith defensively running the ball and Mount Airy had a far superior special teams unit.

I would've loved for those two teams to have played the following year in 2018 when Murphy brought back most of their skills and starters but had a much better o-line and d-line with Mugharbil and Rayburn moving up from JV. It would've been a hell of a game.
What a dumb response!

• Haha
Reactions: mbdfan
Well since you bring up last time Murphy, if I'm correct the next week after that you didn't cross 50 but 3 times, and tarboro cleaned ya clock,
Game was 12-0 6 minutes left in game. Ian Holder got hurt and we couldn't contain edge and Tarb scored 3 quick scores. Tarb was the better team. Either way MA whipped Murphy's AZZ and won West Finals

Reactions: Bearmod1
Most people from Robbinsville do know football. Please do not categorize the rest of us with a couple of others that talk out their hind ends. I’m pretty sure other than those 2 no one is beating their chest. The football team sure isn’t, they know that you guys have a great football team and will be in for a game of that game ever happens .
If you are saying I'm one of the 2 you need to back that up.
Show me were I was beating my chest.

If you can point out where we are beating our chests, I’d like to see it. If you can’t look at the few posts above this one and see all the arrogance from the Mt Airy guys, you need to open your eyes. Just because you don’t like what I have to say about our team, doesn’t mean I’m wrong or don’t know football. Stirring the pot with these Mt Airy guys doesn’t make me clueless on the game of football. For heavens sake we pull for the same team and both want them to win every game. Does not mean we are gonna roll Mt Airy or get steam rolled by them. It’s a message board.

2009 Robbinsville dont have a chance to keep close.
Going be a run away.
Robbinsville is too slow

This years team is five times better than 2009 so it will not be a repeat of that game. Way more skilled players you may stop or two but there are way more you will not stop. Good luck

Well since we are talking history, Murphy has put a few beatings on MA too, and let me know if you would like to compare trophy cases 😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT