ADVERTISEMENT

2022 2A Girls Basketball Thread

I see Salisbury repeating. They already have two quality wins over Greensboro Day and Quality Education Academy. They have a great pt guard in Bryant and even though they lost Huntley to W Rowan, Noble/Nwafor have improved tremendously. They have a strong starting 5.
Randleman should be strong again.
Shelby should be decent even though I believe they lost Marja Pass to WS Christian.
Newton-Conover.
Possibly Lincoln Charter?

Lincoln Charter is off to a 3-2 start but all games have been against private schools. Kallie Lusk and sister Maddie are both having a good year so far with Kallie averaging 18 ppg and Maddie 17.3 ppg.

Lincoln Charter is off to a 3-2 start but all games have been against private schools. Kallie Lusk and sister Maddie are both having a good year so far with Kallie averaging 18 ppg and Maddie 17.3 ppg.
Lincoln Charter Maddie Lusk went down with a knee injury. Not sure of the severity, but it didn't look good and she was on crutches the next day. Hope she recovers but they could be strong again this year. I still think Shelby and Salisbury are the cream

Key Games 1/11/23

3A Ledford 36
2A Randleman 41
Tigers almost blew it. When I walked into the gym (middle of the third), Randleman had a 28-14 lead. Ledford then proceeded to turn into a different team. The Panthers cranked the defense up to 11 and Randleman started getting very sloppy. Ledford cut the Tiger lead to 37-36 with around a minute to go. Unfortunately, Ledford got sloppy during the last minute.

Tigers almost blew it. When I walked into the gym (middle of the third), Randleman had a 28-14 lead. Ledford then proceeded to turn into a different team. The Panthers cranked the defense up to 11 and Randleman started getting very sloppy. Ledford cut the Tiger lead to 37-36 with around a minute to go. Unfortunately, Ledford got sloppy during the last minute.
Neither team looked overly impressive. Ledford took a one point lead after the first, then Randleman’s lead got up to 14 in the 3rd, as you mentioned. Randleman seemed to get tired in the 4th and started making sloppy passes and Ledford capitalized.
Ledford basically starts 5 guards, which against some teams is beneficial, but hurts them against others.
Randleman doesn’t appear to be as strong to me this year. I thought they only lost Hinshaw?

Neither team looked overly impressive. Ledford took a one point lead after the first, then Randleman’s lead got up to 14 in the 3rd, as you mentioned. Randleman seemed to get tired in the 4th and started making sloppy passes and Ledford capitalized.
Ledford basically starts 5 guards, which against some teams is beneficial, but hurts them against others.
Randleman doesn’t appear to be as strong to me this year. I thought they only lost Hinshaw?
They lost Hinshaw and a key contributer off the bench (can't remember her name).

Randleman's not looked sharp in the big games recently. They were sloppy in the second half against SW Randolph in the Christmas tourney. Handling the press has become a bit of an Achilles Heel for them.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT