1. West Montgomery, 7-0, 11-0
2. North Rowan, 6-1, 9-2
3. North Stanly. 5-2, 7-4
4. North Moore, 4-3, 7-4
5. South Stanly, 3-4, 3-8
6. Albemarle, 2-5, 2-9
7. Chatham Central, 1-6, 1-10
8. South Davdson, 0-7, 0-11

North Rowan rejoins the Yadkin Valley Conference after the past four years in the 2A ranks. The Cavaliers, won the Central Carolina 2A conference football championship outright in 2013, 2014 and 2016, while they shared a conference football title in 2015. Look for the Cavaliers to challenge West Montgomery, outright winner of the previous four YVC football titles on October 27 down in Wadeville. The Warriors have a new head coach in former Albemarle head coach Danny Akins, but the Warriors will not lose a step with this coaching transition. North Stanly and North Moore both hope to throw a wrench in the Cavs' and Warriors' conference title aspirations. North Moore will field a much younger team after losing 17 seniors from last season, but head coach Mike Vogt will have the Mustangs ready to compete in the league. In the lower tier, look for South Stanly to try to move up to the upper tier, while Chatham Central and Albemarle fight for sixth place in the conference. Hopefully, South Davidson will field a football team that will make it through the entire season.

Last edited:
I think Chatham will be better than 1 win I know the coach over there and he is a really good coach. I think there will be some surprises this year in the YVC

1. West Montgomery, 7-0
2. North Rowan, 6-1
3. North Stanly. 5-2
4. North Moore, 4-3
5. Chatham Central, 3-4
6. South Stanly 2-5
7. Albemarle 1-6
8. South Davidson, 0-7

Standings in the OP look about right to me. I'd probably switch NR and WM. Don't think WM will go undefeated. Think the transition to a new HC will cause them to trip up somewhere. On the other hand, Akins took his first AHS team to a state title.

I would guess that SD steals a win somewhere.

Love AHS, but see no reason to expect dramatic improvement this season. Prove me wrong, Bulldogs - let's get a few wins and move the program forward.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Love AHS, but see no reason to expect dramatic improvement this season. Prove me wrong, Bulldogs - let's get a few wins and move the program forward.

I have to agree on the win column, but they will compete better this year. Albemarle is still 2 years off from being Top 3 imo... they have the real deal "Class" coming in pretty soon.

I saw Albemarle on FB Live yesterday. They were scrimmaging Jordan-Matthews....both teams were at a stalemate, and JM was huge... Albemarle played sound defense...

watch out YVC.....

I'm telling you people Albemarle will be MUCH improved this year...We are still young mainly soph's but these kids have bought into the program...We're still probably a year or two away from playing with the big boys, but I think a 3 or 4 win season is very likely..Go Dogs

Buddy, Nation ? This is a Question that confuses Me every year. At least the last 3 years. How can We still have mostly Sophomores. Albemarle Students do go to being Juniors and Seniors or are We just a Training place for North Stanly ? I would Love to see a Senior Bulldog

Last year we had a ton of freshman. If my memory serves me correctly we had about 15 freshman and 7 sophomores on varsity. Those freshman have moved up and actually we do have a couple of more playing this year that are seniors. When that freshman class hits juniors and seniors you should see us in the top 3 again. This years team IMO is ahead of where they were last year by a good bit. Just from what I have seen they definitely look more disciplined defensively we tackle better and look to be quicker to the ball. I think we have around 43 kids right now in the program which is well ahead of last year.

This group has been working hard and can't wait to get out and support them.

Thanks Nation. I feel like this Program is looking to go up. I feel like the Players are into getting the Program up and They have set a Goal

I agree and I really like Coach Davis. He loves the tradition of AHS into the community and works hard. We all need to get behind him I personally think he is going to do great things here. He is a great guy as well. The reality like Buddy said we are still really young and will have our ups and downs but I think from a program stand point we are heading in the right direction

With the new playoff system we need at least 3wins to get in but with 4 wins we would be sure to get in......

By the way North Stanly is not Heaven guys..They ALWAYS choke in the playoffs...lol

1.North Rowan
2.West Mont
3.North Stanly
4.North Moore
5.AHS
6.South Stanly
7.Chatham
8.South Davidson

I like that what will be interesting is to see if AHS could over take north moore this year. I don't know if I would sleep on CC either. That coach over there does a great job will be interesting To see what they do.

Was not overly impressed with CC when I saw them at the Northwood scrimmages. Northwood cleaned the Bears' clocks and they had no idea what time it was ...

Reactions: sway1532
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT