RD28327

Aug 12, 2003
Carthage, NC 28327
Albemarle @ Chatham Central, Albemarle 20-12
Union Academy@ East Montgomery, East Montgomery 48-14
North Stanly @ South Davidson, North Stanly 42-12
Eastern Randolph @ South Stanly, Eastern Randolph 28-13
North Moore @ West Montgomery, West Montgomery, 49-14

Albemarle defeats Chatham Central. East Montgomery pastes Union Academy. North Stanly stomps South Davidson. Eastern Randolph slams Souh Stanly. West Montgomery wallops North Moore.

Last week, 5-0 (100%), overall, 25-3 (89.3%).

Last edited:
CC vs AHS. CC 44-16
UA vs East Montgomery EM 50-14
NStanly vs SDav. NStanly 55-0
ER vs SS. ER 33-12
WM vs NS. WM 32-12

Reactions: atucker2
Cc vs AHS. Alb 24-12
UA vs East Montgomery EM 50-14
NStanly vs SDav. NStanly 55-0
ER vs SS. ER 33-12
WM vs NS. WM 32-12

NS is gonna be spread thin playing SD and WM......

I'll Take:

CC by 12
EM by 30
NS by 20
ER by 28
WM by 40

Cc vs AHS. Alb 18-12
UA vs East Montgomery EM 40-10
NStanly vs SDav. NStanly 45-0
ER vs SS. ER 35-0
WM vs NM. WM 32-12

I'm not sure why anyone would think that South Stanly would score...but o.k.
With two 8th grade teams going at it between Albemarle and Chatham Central, Albemarle will prevail in a nail bitter and keeps the streak alive. With only 14 players, South Davidson should plan on getting a well deserved pillaging. West and East roll...

Jeez..... by the time Albemarle makes it to the end of the season according to sway they'll be fielding a flag football team. Went from a young team with a few seniors to a jv team and now they are an 8th grade team! How about just calling them bottom three of the YVC from now on. That's where they'll be for many, many years to come.

Reactions: atucker2
Albemarle @ Chatham Central, Chathem 34-18
Union Academy @ East Montgomery, East Montgomery 52-20
North Stanly @ South Davidson, North Stanly 56-18
Eastern Randolph @ South Stanly, Eastern Randolph 35-12
North Moore @ West Montgomery, West Montgomery, 38-21

I think CC lines up in the I Formation and runs it down our throat. We are too small, weak, slow, and unprepared to make a run at this one. Oh and our kicking game! I think the pace of the game will be extremely slow, so I dont think it will be an extremely high scoring game, but we will not be able to stop them consistently. This will be our first game with NO RUNNING CLOCK. I am CC is as good or better than last season. Last season CC got their power run game going, we had a hard time keeping them from first downs. I hope I am wrong.

NM only giving WM 38? WM keeps the ball on the ground and lets the RBs loose... at least for a couple of games before the end of the season. Gotta keep that playbook under wraps as long as possible.

And? We got it handed to us by Walkertown last year. Until realignment a 2A/AA school will win 1AA. The playoffs should be seeded on a yearly basis. The last 6 1AA titles have been by teams with 2a numbers. Believe we did pretty good against the mountain teams a few years ago. Murphy, Swain and Hendersonville I believe in the same year or close to it.

Just in case you get past Murphy You got WRH waiting in the wings.. BD just go win a SC and then we can all rest easy. So far you have been unable to do that..0-2

Reactions: sway1532
Just remember BD. Murphy will be Big 1aa this year....
And? We got it handed to us by Walkertown last year. Until realignment a 2A/AA school will win 1AA. The playoffs should be seeded on a yearly basis. The last 6 1AA titles have been by teams with 2a numbers. Believe we did pretty good against the mountain teams a few years ago. Murphy, Swain and Hendersonville I believe in the same year or close to it.

WM isn't even the best team in Montgomery County. Short playoff run this year

WM isn't even the best team in Montgomery County. Short playoff run this year

Until em wins....West Montgomery is the best team in Montgomery County. They have a good team. An outstanding running back. But coming to Garmon Stadium, and that's the name of it not whatever the sports writer refers to it as, and pulling out a W at the end of the season with so much on the line will be a heck of an accomplishment if they are able to do it. How long has it been since they beat WM on the field? 2011 and WM has outscored them 465-55. I anticipate a good game but it has yet to be played.

Jeez..... by the time Albemarle makes it to the end of the season according to sway they'll be fielding a flag football team. Went from a young team with a few seniors to a jv team and now they are an 8th grade team! How about just calling them bottom three of the YVC from now on. That's where they'll be for many, many years to come.

I thought you were done with me. I know you love me (Muha). I call it howas I see it...

The last 6 1AA titles have been by teams with 2a numbers. Believe we did pretty good against the mountain teams a few years ago.

The last 6 had 2A numbers?? Well that takes us back to 2010 and Albemarle had single 1A numbers in 2010 and won it. Swain won it the next year and I doubt they had 2A numbers.. And believe me, Murphy and Swain are head and shoulders above any team in the YVC this year even if Swain is winless, they're gonna take WM to the woodshed if Murphy or Walkertown...or even East Montgomery doesn't get to'em first. And lets not talk about Walkertown. Have you seen their schedule, they are going to obliterate the 1A West this year. They've been playing top notch teams 3A-4A teams "Bud".

I can't wait to hear you cry...

CC vs AHS. Chatham 26-6 over Albemarle for all my internet football buddies
UA vs East Montgomery EM 56-12
NStanly vs SDav. NS 48-6
ER vs SS South 21-20
WM vs NS WM 48-20
South Stanly beats ER? I know anything can happen on any given Friday but c'mon man.

If you have the 9 fumbles (7 lost) and 4 picks I am predicting, I got the conference team by 1 point.

If you have the 9 fumbles (7 lost) and 4 picks I am predicting, I got the conference team by 1 point.
So if ER turns ball over 11 times and still scores 20? OK sorry didn't realize they were going to have the ball 14 times. If they lay it down that much I see the logic in such a prediction. Carry on. I will slide back over to the Reidsville/Shelby 2A board. Just dread long ride back Friday night after such an historical turnover parade.

South played a solid game with North Moore. A turning point was an uncontested drop that would have been a score in the third. I think that would have kept it at a six point game. In the end, they didn't finish...but, they are capable of making this mismatch interesting. I like their inside running attack. They just need a break.

Reactions: WMFootballFanatic
This thread seems about split on who wins the CC- Albemarle game. I think this game will be extremely close. Difference could be CC's run game. Don't know if we can stop them consistenly. Our defense is weak. However I think we can score on them so it could come down to who has the ball last. Go Dogs!

Reactions: susancoleman
I take it they don't do jokes in the eastern portion of Randolph County. Good grief, lighten up.
But we do! If you knew me you would know I had my tongue solidly in cheek while typing above. I am probably the most lightened up guy you will ever meet WM. I can't find the sarcastic font on my computer so sometimes does not come across well. Sorry.

Just to show you what I am talking about I would like to thank you for the Charlie Brown reference.

How's that? And thank you for saying eastern not east. Always hated that.

Albemarle @ Chatham Central CC 26-12
Union Academy@ East Montgomery EM 42-10
Eastern Randolph @ South Stanly ER 24-7
North Moore @ West Montgomery WM 42-14
North Stanly @ South Davidson NS 28-13

Hey WM where you at? Ride home was STILL a long one but just because it's a long way from eastern part of Randolph to S Stanly. Ought to put a highway right through Uwharrie National Forest. Would really cut it in half. Can't find that sarcasm font anywhere.

Sorry about messing up your score predicting results.

ER DID fumble once but it was negated by a face mask penalty. No picks. So that is the only reason your score did not come true. Well except for S Stanly only crossing the 50 twice. Man this is long for me. Still awake after the drive I guess. Going back to 2A board now. Ain't as much fun over there. More city folks with less of a sense of humor.

I'm beginning to think when South Stanly and Albemarle hook up, it might be like watching two dirty ol' mangy, toothless dogs fighting to get a bone. Just who the heck will get that bone???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT