ADVERTISEMENT

Yadkin County Starmount/Forbush

NCBBFB

Dec 11, 2021
Thanks to the Yadkin County Board of Education and Starmount/Forbush policies the Rams lost another player. This one is lost to Mt Airy. Yadkin has to be the most ass backwards county in the entire state. A young man that lives within the Starmount district but went to Forbush for 3 years and wanted to go to Starmount for his Senior year could go to Starmount but NOT play Sports even though he was racially discriminated against at Forbush. The school board denied him the ability to play at Starmount. Mt Airy welcomes him to school over there and he doesn't live anywhere near there school AND is allowed to play sports.

What could've and should've been a special year for the Rams just keeps looking more bleak. I've mentioned losing Senior starters before but it keeps getting worse. SOO disheartening. Definitely don't deserve to be in the top 5.

I guess he will have to commute or move to MT Airy rent a house or apartment and will have to stay fulltime. Anyways MT Airy is loaded and he will probably just be a number on the roster. Either way his chances of a ring are good.

Last edited:
I guess he will have to commute or movie to MT Airy rent a house or apartment and will jave to stay fulltime. Anyways MT Airy is loaded and he will probably just be a number on the roster. Either way his chznces of a ring are good.
Yeah I don't blame him one bit for going. It's just very upsetting what we're having to deal with in this community and county. Some out of our control but things like this could and should have been avoided. No way a kid shouldn't be able to transfer within the county to put himself in a better position to play at the next level. Even moreso when you've been racially discriminated at the other school. Dumbest policies I think I have ever heard of

I guess he will have to commute or movie to MT Airy rent a house or apartment and will jave to stay fulltime. Anyways MT Airy is loaded and he will probably just be a number on the roster. Either way his chances of a ring are good.
Mount Airy doesn’t let anyone from outside the city limits play there…

Their words, not mine.

Their words, not mine.
Yes once they move to Mount Airy they can play. Just like players have left Mount Airy many times to play at East Surry and even North Surry. They moved !

It seems kids transfer around all over the state but if it happens at Mount Airy, it is made to be a big deal ! ! !

Reactions: KW23
I'm sure the school weaseled around to get this approved, possibly another family in the city limits or something. This isn't a good look for Mt Airy but neither is it for Starmount and Forbush either.

Reactions: MayberryBillyBob
I'm sure the school weaseled around to get this approved, possibly another family in the city limits or something. This isn't a good look for Mt Airy but neither is it for Starmount and Forbush either.
The kid deserves to play somewhere and it all really falls on Forbush for the way they treated him and since he did not want to play at Forbush and Forbush would not let him go to Starmount then maybe he contacted Mount Airy since he wanted to play football. I am sure Mount Airy would be fine with the players they have.

Reactions: sbbbfan and NCBBFB
No hard feelings against the young man or his family for going to Mt Airy. He wasn't gonna be able to play football this year if he didn't transfer somewhere else. I think he made the best decision considering the circumstances. If you're not welcome in your own home county and school because of a bunch of foolish policies and school board then go where you ARE wanted. I'm just appalled at the level of stupidity in the school administrations for Starmount, Forbush and the County. A kid should be able to transfer and play sports within the county no matter if it's after Jr year or not. It's about the kids and their future nothing more, PERIOD!!

No hard feelings against the young man or his family for going to Mt Airy. He wasn't gonna be able to play football this year if he didn't transfer somewhere else. I think he made the best decision considering the circumstances. If you're not welcome in your own home county and school because of a bunch of foolish policies and school board then go where you ARE wanted. I'm just appalled at the level of stupidity in the school administrations for Starmount, Forbush and the County. A kid should be able to transfer and play sports within the county no matter if it's after Jr year or not. It's about the kids and their future nothing more, PERIOD!!
Sounds like a bad situation for the student athlete. Hate to hear that…

But still curious if the Bear faithful will finally admit, kiddos come from outside the small city limits of Mayberry come to play there, often?

Reactions: NCBBFB
The dad simply wanted his son to play under one of his former teammates. And Forbush said no.

How is this Starmount’s fault?
The Superintendent stated that the policy of not being able to transfer after your Jr year and be able to play sports was agreed upon by Starmount and Forbush school administration and approved by the board. The policy was put into place after last Fall. Why in the world would they come up with some kind of policy like this is beyond anyone's comprehension. If the other school(Starmount in this instance) is better in the particular sport that the athlete wants to play and he has a better chance of being exposed to college scouts why in the world would ANYONE want to restrict that if a kids future is first and foremost in their minds when they come up with these policies.

But this goes beyond the policy. This kid was racially discriminated against at Forbush for 3 years with no repercussions and they STILL would not approve him to play Sports at Starmount. I don't think I have EVER seen something so stupid in my life.

Reactions: RayFinkle27030
If the young man is going to MT Airy. His chances of getting a State Title ring are good, but he's not going to start. He could have picked a program like Elkin in Surry County. He would probably be a bigger impact with a program like Elkin. Another, maybe a program Like North Iredell about 20 miles South on 77. Just an example

Their words, not mine.
That's a stupid statement Billy Bob although you're probably just trying to get a rise. All you're eating corn flakes with a fork. You dumb shit it's already been well documented that after COVID they were one of three school systems in the state that let people come back in person. So a whole mess of people came in. Quit being a douchebag and changing your name. Or grow a pair. Or in the same as words of Dave Chappelle you could just shut the **** up.

The Superintendent stated that the policy of not being able to transfer after your Jr year and be able to play sports was agreed upon by Starmount and Forbush school administration and approved by the board. The policy was put into place after last Fall. Why in the world would they come up with some kind of policy like this is beyond anyone's comprehension. If the other school(Starmount in this instance) is better in the particular sport that the athlete wants to play and he has a better chance of being exposed to college scouts why in the world would ANYONE want to restrict that if a kids future is first and foremost in their minds when they come up with these policies.

But this goes beyond the policy. This kid was racially discriminated against at Forbush for 3 years with no repercussions and they STILL would not approve him to play Sports at Starmount. I don't think I have EVER seen something so stupid in my life.
Here's what I have heard about it. And really it's not beyond comprehension. Storm out and forbush don't want players transferring back and forth. Ask Glen how that's going for them. Now most of the good athletes at least for football go to Starmount. But I think the rule makes pretty good sense. It's better than the wussy rule that we have in Surry county. Where kids can go from north to east and east to Central with no hesitation at all in fact they don't care. Now they can't go to Elkin or Mount Airy. The less they get released. And guess what that's exactly what happened here he could not go to Starmount. So is next choice was East. But what I heard that wasn't going to happen because they were in the conference with forbush. So then he decided to go to Mount Airy. Which is probably the best decision for him anyway. And contrary to belief I have heard that he's pretty amazing. And we'll make a big difference. I wouldn't be surprised to see some other people from yadkin county and the other school come to Mount Airy. Got a lot of names at certain schools but not a lot of proven coaches. But you do have a lot of proven coaches for the bears. And with greedy parents and lack of loyalty. You'll probably keep seeing people come that way. May have another reedsville on your hands. But who cares. It's probably a better education. The women are better looking. And the football team has about a coach for every three players. You wonder why they're good. There's a whole lot of reasons. I'm disappointed that he didn't get to come to East. But we seem to screw everything up. And really and truly if you were an African American athlete why would you come here. And I'm sure his dad is pissed off now and realizes this might hurt the Rams a little bit or actually I'm sure he's not but he sent him to the best school. I think the Rams will be just fine. They probably got one of the top five programs regardless of what you think in the state for 1A this year. And I think you're insight is usually fantastic and it is here except for a couple of things. But you're right it is a stupid rule when it's going for the right reason there should be some kind of hearing or something. This is not just transferring for athletics.

If the young man is going to MT Airy. His chances of getting a State Title ring are good, but he's not going to start. He could have picked a program like Elkin in Surry County. He would probably be a bigger impact with a program like Elkin. Another, maybe a program Like North Iredell about 20 miles South on 77. Just an example
Have you been to a practice because I heard he'll definitely be starting. I'd say generally when another high school's best football player goes to another school no matter who it is it's got a pretty good chance of starting

He's a good player and I feel certain he will start. He will most likely be the #1 receiver and play corner. It's a huge loss for the Rams.

Here's what I have heard about it. And really it's not beyond comprehension. Storm out and forbush don't want players transferring back and forth. Ask Glen how that's going for them. Now most of the good athletes at least for football go to Starmount. But I think the rule makes pretty good sense. It's better than the wussy rule that we have in Surry county. Where kids can go from north to east and east to Central with no hesitation at all in fact they don't care. Now they can't go to Elkin or Mount Airy. The less they get released. And guess what that's exactly what happened here he could not go to Starmount. So is next choice was East. But what I heard that wasn't going to happen because they were in the conference with forbush. So then he decided to go to Mount Airy. Which is probably the best decision for him anyway. And contrary to belief I have heard that he's pretty amazing. And we'll make a big difference. I wouldn't be surprised to see some other people from yadkin county and the other school come to Mount Airy. Got a lot of names at certain schools but not a lot of proven coaches. But you do have a lot of proven coaches for the bears. And with greedy parents and lack of loyalty. You'll probably keep seeing people come that way. May have another reedsville on your hands. But who cares. It's probably a better education. The women are better looking. And the football team has about a coach for every three players. You wonder why they're good. There's a whole lot of reasons. I'm disappointed that he didn't get to come to East. But we seem to screw everything up. And really and truly if you were an African American athlete why would you come here. And I'm sure his dad is pissed off now and realizes this might hurt the Rams a little bit or actually I'm sure he's not but he sent him to the best school. I think the Rams will be just fine. They probably got one of the top five programs regardless of what you think in the state for 1A this year. And I think you're insight is usually fantastic and it is here except for a couple of things. But you're right it is a stupid rule when it's going for the right reason there should be some kind of hearing or something. This is not just transferring for athletics.
I wouldn't blame any kid for wanting to go to Mt Airy especially after seeing how the Board of Education has handled this situation in Yadkin. I believe many have lost a lot of faith in our school board after this. A shame that kids can't finish out their high school careers together.

I TOLD YHEA SOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone tried to clown me . you all tried to say i was wrong , i was being mean , out of order , out of turn . Trying to get a PAYING customer banned for speaking the TRUTH , when most of yhea use this site for FREE.

Now whats up. THIS IS ONLY ONE OF SEVERAL . Can a MA poster start talking about the REST????

I TOLD YOU SOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: MayberryBillyBob
I TOLD YHEA SOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone tried to clown me . you all tried to say i was wrong , i was being mean , out of order , out of turn . Trying to get a PAYING customer banned for speaking the TRUTH , when most of yhea use this site for FREE.

Now whats up. THIS IS ONLY ONE OF SEVERAL . Can a MA poster start talking about the REST????

I TOLD YOU SOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think most at Mount Airy mostly ignored what you were saying and you took it as they were agreeing. You are just too full of yourself as a know-it-all-all! lol 😂 😂 😂 :cool:

This thread is about confirmed transfers which are now being confirmed just like i told everyone they would. You skeered of the conversation . Its ok -- I TOLD YOU SOOOOOOO

You need to go back to sleep , yesterdays news man. I am the CURRENT NEWS. Everyone heard it here first. You apologize and I MIGHT LET YOU CARRY MY CAMERA AGAIN. The one thats better than what you just bought

You need to go back to sleep , yesterdays news man. I am the CURRENT NEWS. Everyone heard it here first. You apologize and I MIGHT LET YOU CARRY MY CAMERA AGAIN. The one thats better than what you just bought
My cameras have never been cheap junk so carry your own Pentax. I am a Nikon carrier so get yourself a Nikon or maybe a Canon.

Last edited:
Decide on one username or I will choose it for you!
Is this in reference to me? I'm not billy bob nor finkle , i am a paying customer that has not broken any rules on this website. I am assuming this is in reference to the other two individual's posting on this thread

Is this in reference to me? I'm not billy bob nor finkle , i am a paying customer that has not broken any rules on this website. I am assuming this is in reference to the other two individual's posting on this thread
All 3 were a paid customer but I guess being all three are the same the decision to stop paying for Finkle was made. lol.... Don't think you are dealing with dumb people and maybe I will let you hold my Nikon sometime as long as I have the neck strip in my hands. All three talk like the same person so no need to try and change your slang now. Once Ernest T Bass always Ernest T Bass

I thought you were leaving for the 3A board for a while and c.oming back after Mount Airy's 7 on 7 in Wytheville, Va once I said you were Jeff Linville. You did stay gone a few days. lol

Last edited:
MrMan is Finkle? Finkle is MrMan?….
disgusted ace ventura GIF

• Haha
Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Devonte McKenith from WXII 12 News will be airing an interview with the Taylor kid and parents Monday night at 6. Supposed to have a response from the Yadkin County Schools as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT