ADVERTISEMENT

WRH-Princeton

If Trask scores 34 on Princeton, what can WRH do? Princeton is for sure capable of winning. WRH will be the toughest defense for Princeton so far. Perris is uncatchable if he sees daylight. Princeton's O-line has to play their best if they have a chance. WRH defense may be the difference. Turnovers and field position will be key as was mentioned above. I hope I never see another onside kick unless used as required with either of these teams. A mistake like that can change the game in a hurry.

Reactions: O&B Attack
If Trask scores 34 on Princeton, what can WRH do? Princeton is for sure capable of winning. WRH will be the toughest defense for Princeton so far. Perris is uncatchable if he sees daylight. Princeton's O-line has to play their best if they have a chance. WRH defense may be the difference. Turnovers and field position will be key as was mentioned above. I hope I never see another onside kick unless used as required with either of these teams. A mistake like that can change the game in a hurry.
agree by your assessment. unfortunately, there will be an onside kick by WRH. If not recovered it will put a short field to Princeton. Which will put added pressure on the D. I hope im wrong. But history says otherwise. That short field at the half last year against Shelby cost us dearly after we scored. Not saying we could have pulled it out but our chances would been a lot better. The well isn't but so deep. use your kicker he has proven himself.

100% agree. Princeton’s running game with that big offensive line was extremely tough for our guys to stop last year and I expect it’s gonna be the same this year. The rbs hide behind them and it’s 4 yards, 3 yards, 4 yards over and over and over. If I remember correctly they did have the lead until they tried a rare pass and we got the INT and we drove down the field and scored and took the lead back and got the win. I don’t think they will be able to stop our offense even though we aren’t as explosive as last year. Real issue is our defense gonna rise to the occasion and play the absolute best they can. Like someone mentioned earlier if their line gets to and blocks our 2nd level we will probably be in trouble.
Wrh d has handled the single wing remarkably well this year. Will Princeton be 3 yards and a cloud of dust, yup but Wrh d will get a couple of stops. The offense is what scares me, as it hasn’t shown up lately.

This one is worrisome. Smithfield Selma held Princeton to around 200. Bigger school and the season opener. Second game against East Duplin they ran for 600 yards- thats a whole lot people. You know ED has the staff to make adjustments and they just couldn’t stop them. I am not sure that no turnovers and hope we have the ball last is a tenable plan. I hope Mot can scheme up a D that will get more than one or two stops. Pulling for the Bulldogs.

100% agree. Princeton’s running game with that big offensive line was extremely tough for our guys to stop last year and I expect it’s gonna be the same this year. The rbs hide behind them and it’s 4 yards, 3 yards, 4 yards over and over and over. If I remember correctly they did have the lead until they tried a rare pass and we got the INT and we drove down the field and scored and took the lead back and got the win. I don’t think they will be able to stop our offense even though we aren’t as explosive as last year. Real issue is our defense gonna rise to the occasion and play the absolute best they can. Like someone mentioned earlier if their line gets to and blocks our 2nd level we will probably be in trouble.

One particular play, I think it was 7, didn’t hit hole that Carr had opened just left of center and got stacked up. Just needs more practice. Offense is going to have to play better
I agree, offense is going to have to play better. Far as running the jumbo package. I doubt we see much of it. Somebody mentioned that with the success they had this year probably won’t change nothing. Practicing hitting the hole? We’re 13 games in already playing in the semifinals. They all should be hitting the holes by now.

Last edited:
Reactions: dogs79
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT